2008 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

What are peoples thoughts on Cornelius in comparison to Thorp at the same age, where thorp went away to the championships as a bottom age that was ineligible but would of gone high in that draft. Do u reckon we could be seeing a possible top 5 draft pick in cornelius? I personally dont think cornelius fits in the same category as thorp in terms of potential to cut it in afl, however different players both extremely talented. Be interesting to see how next year pans out for cornelius.

Has anyone seen Ayce Cordy play?

Great first name. :thumbsu:

Falcons unveil Ayce in pack
Cordy, son of former Footscray defender Brian (124 games for the Bulldogs), kicked three of his team's 11 goals in the Round 12 clash after starting on the bench.

"We didn't want to knock him around too much. I think he's 205cm, about six foot seven. But he's only 17 and he's a beanpole, no meat on his bones," Falcons region manager Michael Turner said.
:eek:

What are peoples thoughts on Cornelius in comparison to Thorp at the same age, where thorp went away to the championships as a bottom age that was ineligible but would of gone high in that draft. Do u reckon we could be seeing a possible top 5 draft pick in cornelius? I personally dont think cornelius fits in the same category as thorp in terms of potential to cut it in afl, however different players both extremely talented. Be interesting to see how next year pans out for cornelius.

I think Thorp would be a little in front of Cornelius at the same time. More versatile and better skills.

But it was a very deep draft in 2006. Not sure 2008 will have as much talent and its quite conceivable they will be drafted in around the same spot.

Obviously it's very, very early, but with the talent going around in the U18 Champs this year that can't be drafted until next year, is it fair to label 2008 as another potential "superdraft"?

Naitanui
Hurley
Suban
Cornelius

... would all be going high in this year's draft at this stage.

Its shaping to be very good - thats for sure.

Ill throw out a smokey and say Ben Weightman, from Queensland. Playing as a top up player for the Lions Reserves and is 2nd in their leading goal kickers behind Mitch Clark was equal first for a week then Clark kicked 8 but in the same game benny kicked 4. Is quite small but can play in the midfield aswell as up forward. Should grow some in the next 18 months. Is very smart and composed. And i know that everyone is wondering is he related to the great Dale "Flea" and yes he is but unfortunately he is his nephew. But im sure the tigers will havea look at him. Has anyone else heard of him?

Im happy that some people have remembered Tom Swift. Alot of people have forgotten about him this year, but he tore apart the state 16's last year, and got injured because of a knee injury while playing for AIS

how highly does heyney rate in the bunch of prospective '08' draftees?

Iv'e known him for a long time and he is just so dominant!

springy, strong hands, excellent skills!

Ais/Afl scholarship, bottom age power and BOG most weeks, bottom age Vic country U18, vic country U15, Vic Country U16.....absolute star

Heyne goes alright. He's well on track to attracting a fair bit of interest around draft time.

Michael Hurley is a freak.

putting in a smokey here if shaun mckernan is fit and plays all next year
will be a definite top 10 chance the kid is a freak

Looked amazing in the first quarter yesterday when Calder started into the wing. Attacked the ball hard in the packs taking 1 grabbers and scored 4 goals. However when kicking with the advantage of the wind time after time he ran under it. Good raw talent but very much for Shaun to work on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Besides big hurls who are the other potential 2008 knights players that could be drafted and how are they going this year?

Besides big hurls who are the other potential 2008 knights players that could be drafted and how are they going this year?

If Luke Stanton isn't picked up this year he can go around again....moves very nicely for a guy of his size, just needs to play with more intensity and win more of his own ball for mine.

putting in a smokey here if shaun mckernan is fit and plays all next year
will be a definite top 10 chance the kid is a freak

He was awesome yesterday, particularly in the 1st quarter. Kicked 3, and IIRC, all were from marking contests well inside the F50. One of the 3 was a classic Corey mark, in the way that he fired himself up after marking the ball.

Tindarra Hood will be draftable as a bottom ager. On current projections I'd expect him to get drafted.

Perhaps Ben Power as a project ruckman. I agree that Brunelli would be a chance. Very good tackler.

Tindarra Hood will be draftable as a bottom ager. On current projections I'd expect him to get drafted.

Perhaps Ben Power as a project ruckman. I agree that Brunelli would be a chance. Very good tackler.

He'd want to add to that 171cm frame VC. At least 5-7cm's if you ask me, at the very least.

He'd want to add to that 171cm frame VC. At least 5-7cm's if you ask me, at the very least.
Yeah, but he's aboriginal. Recruiters don't seem to mind if they're short and lean. ;)

I really think he'll be something special. Officially claiming him now. :thumbsu:

IIRC Tom Hill is from Northern (not 100% on that). AIS ruckman/Key forward. Eligible next year two I'm pretty sure. Hopefully he hits the gym over the summer.

IIRC Tom Hill is from Northern (not 100% on that). AIS ruckman/Key forward. Eligible next year two I'm pretty sure. Hopefully he hits the gym over the summer.

Not available until the 2009 draft if the new ruling comes in from next years draft with DOB's.

Remove this Banner Ad

2008 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back