2009-2010 Off season player movement/recruiting

Remove this Banner Ad

On what grounds would this bloke get the gig. A week to think about it? The worst appointment ever in the history of the Burnie Football Club.

Here.. Here.. North Wester ..The appointment of Plant is most definetly the worst decision that Board could ever make .. I have spoken to 3 existing players today that have stated they will not play if Plant coaches. I really do question this Board at Burnie .. they had a great coach this year and did not want him to go on next year... i am sure Plapp was so much better than the sniper they are trying to replace him with. I think they should just shut the doors the Club is stuffed... bring back Cooee in NTFL

By the sound of all this maybe the board should defer appointing a new
coach until after the AGM. I know this would not be an ideal situation with regard to recruiting etc. but would be better than appointing the wrong person.
The AGM promises to be a fiery affair with a record attendance by members I reckon.

Any news on what De Gooyer is doing next year?
Maybe Hevey, you might know??

Heard on the grapevine he asked for a clearance but was knocked back...?

Not sure, he is contracted though. I think we have Justin Howe from Dodges, he missed all of last year with a knee but was solid the year before in the regional. A tall forward

a lauderdale supporter told me today that De Gooyer wanted out, as he is supposedly not happy with the club culture, or lack of professionalism,he also said Goodwin wanted to coach but Winter would get the job, this is to be to be finalised on friday.

OL, finalised today. Txt messages were going around the players today. Goodwin and Matthews were advised they weren't to be considered last week.
Names I heard in the mix were Nick Davey, Scott McCullam, Steve Woods and Winter.
Winter got the nod.

OL, finalised today. Txt messages were going around the players today. Goodwin and Matthews were advised they weren't to be considered last week.
Names I heard in the mix were Nick Davey, Scott McCullam, Steve Woods and Winter.
Winter got the nod.

matthews? is that your backman or his old man???

a lauderdale supporter told me today that De Gooyer wanted out, as he is supposedly not happy with the club culture, or lack of professionalism quote]

Back to north hob possibly? As long as could get his body back to what if was 2/3 years ago, would be a huge pick up for them!

Not sure, he is contracted though. I think we have Justin Howe from Dodges, he missed all of last year with a knee but was solid the year before in the regional. A tall forward

alot of people don't think big howe will play again he to lazy and his knee will never b right,i hope howie does play its just a case of il belive it when i c it lol, but.. jarred carter the man sheeds said the best player not to play afl , and justin howe are ment to be doing a preseason together so both of them say, but il believe it when i c it.. maybe bucks should go to the bombers to further his carerr in footy and maybe give him a shot at makn afl but he most likely still want to play with his mates even tho koota is his manager

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winter got the nod.

Interesting :thumbsu:
I see in the paper today he's running a cafe & bakery in Lauderdale now, so he's got roots in the community down there and he'll be a HUGE benefit to the club.
Wood Duck told me at the Clarence - Hobart game he was staying out of footy for awhile, wanted to take a back seat for a bit, but would love to come and help out in some capacity at Hobart again depending on what their attitude was (IE: if it was better than it was the last 6 or 7 years up there).

Max Brown of Ulverstone fame looks like he may be very interested if not been offered the Northern Bombers coaching Job? What are peoples thoughts on this? If they do appoint him do the likes of Crawford, Wish Wilson, have a good relationship with him, If so that could be good in trying to maintain them for '10.

Max Brown of Ulverstone fame looks like he may be very interested if not been offered the Northern Bombers coaching Job? What are peoples thoughts on this? If they do appoint him do the likes of Crawford, Wish Wilson, have a good relationship with him, If so that could be good in trying to maintain them for '10.

What?

Would be a good choice. Work and travel may be a hassle though. If Peter the under taker Vincent never came out 3 weeks ago and bagged Max by saying that Max was to old fashion they may have been a chace to get him at Burnie. Instead they went with Brent the python Plant. Can't work that one out But thats another story. Wish-Wilson will play with Devonport next year. Apparently they met with them last night and he will play for them. Stubbs also looking at coming back to Devonport.

Would be a good choice. Work and travel may be a hassle though. If Peter the under taker Vincent never came out 3 weeks ago and bagged Max by saying that Max was to old fashion they may have been a chace to get him at Burnie. Instead they went with Brent the python Plant. Can't work that one out But thats another story. Wish-Wilson will play with Devonport next year. Apparently they met with them last night and he will play for them. Stubbs also looking at coming back to Devonport.
Sounds like Devonport will not be to bad next year!

Well i got it from good authority .. that Penguin took six dockers players out for a meal this week and signed all six players ... Jimmy Lovell is one of them. I also heard nearlly all the Wynyard boys are going back to the cattery. I have alot of time for Max Brown and yeah he would make a far better coach than Plant ... Plant has coached everywhere with no success .. would have to be one of the most hated guys around the Dockers club. Honestly that Board has no idea, it will be the demise of the football club ... they have no money ... had to get $30,000 off the Ladies Commitee just to finish the season off. I know at the end of last season they had $85,000 in the kitty ..nothing now .. I could go on and on with more, whats the point. Devonport is the team for 2010:footy:

Well i got it from good authority .. that Penguin took six dockers players out for a meal this week and signed all six players ... Jimmy Lovell is one of them. I also heard nearlly all the Wynyard boys are going back to the cattery. I have alot of time for Max Brown and yeah he would make a far better coach than Plant ... Plant has coached everywhere with no success .. would have to be one of the most hated guys around the Dockers club. Honestly that Board has no idea, it will be the demise of the football club ... they have no money ... had to get $30,000 off the Ladies Commitee just to finish the season off. I know at the end of last season they had $85,000 in the kitty ..nothing now .. I could go on and on with more, whats the point. Devonport is the team for 2010:footy:
Was talking to Jimmy at the GYM yesterday and he said he hasn't spoken to anyone yet. Who are the other players??

Remove this Banner Ad

2009-2010 Off season player movement/recruiting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back