Review 2009 Draft Revisted: Your Wish Lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Draft Picks 10, 24, 26 & 33

Forget about Melksham and Butcher, they're packed away in the Port Adelaide closet. A real shame. Like J. Trengove of last year.

Will be Moore, JMP, Talia. FIngers crossed that Keane is looking at Lucas intently.

Unfortunatly guys, I think theres only about a 5% chance of Melksham being available. What do you guys think of Bastinac? I think he is perfect for you.

Bastinac at 24, 10 we'd be overpaying for him.

JMP?

Apologies but I cannot figure out who this is. Help please?

Anyway my preference would be Melksham > Lucas > Stephens (presuming Cunnington is gone). I have a feeling Rohan could slide (just a feeling, so don't ask for further clarification). If he fell, would we take him?

Not sure if its on here somewhere already but Scott Clayton gave 15 names which he thought would make up the top 10 but prefaced it by saying it was 'in no particular order'.

The order looked very particular. He had Moore at 10. The speculatives evidence seems to be mounting.

Interesting call on Melksham. Why 5% do you think someone other then port are likely to get him? or do you think port is a certainty?
Anything to do with Emma rating him at 6?
I havnt seen much of Bastinac, and Melksham one of a few i hope we get. Who u guys after?
Butcher and Melksham would be way up there on Ports radar. I would be supriced if Port went two talls in Talia and Butcher which some are thinking. If Cunnington were to be available or someone like Rohan they will go them and thats when you will have that 5% chance of getting Melksham.
No had nothing to do with Emma rating him at 6. I have been working on my Phantom Draft for some time while trying to study for year 10 exams, pretty hard haha.
I'm really not sure who Rendell wants this year. He is as secretive as always with his picks. He was on the radio just earlier and they tried to get some word out on who he would pick but he just mentioned that we will go best available with our pick - probably a midfielder.
I think Adelaide will have there eyes on Bastinac but I rekon you guys might snap him up. JMP is rumoured to be linked to us but I don't think he is at all, its just that he plays for Geelong Falcons and we usually go for the late bloomers.

Bartlett @ 10?

0c4003398adb2c2e8138068881fc861a.gif

I have only looked at the videos on the AFL website (not a good start, I know), but one kid who stood out to me was Mitchell Carter.

He has fairly deft skills, good second efforts and above all he has great awareness. This guy will be a great outside mid for some team.

Thing is, his name is not being mentioned at all for what I can tell - certainly not as a first or second round pick. I would be rapt if we got him with 33, and would be happy if the club used 24 or 26 on him.

Watching the videos of the mids on the AFL site the only one I noticed who was clearly better than him was Milkman (and he was clearly better). Skully and the others who have been mentioned as top 10 prospects didn't look nearly as good.

Any opinions on this kid? I failed to see a downside to him in the videos I watched.

See the video here: here.
(Just tick "kicking ability" and click search and he'll show up in the list.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10 is fine- between Lucas and Melksham. He does say if Lucas is available he is the man.

24- Yep happy, Batsinac would have been my choice but he is gone.

26- Duncan, Yep good choice.

33- Long- horrible choice. Christensen if available should be selected, or Panos.

Burgatron has us taking:

10. Melksham

Sound reasoning by Burgan & pretty accurate IMO- If WCE take Lucas we end up with Moore, otherwise we get whoever is left out of Lucas & Melksham :thumbsu:

Would like to see us grab Christensen if available though, especially at 33.

From reading big footy write ups, and seeing limited footage, ie youtube, draft machine stuff, and a few u18s games during the year i'd go with:

10: Melksham/Lucas/Rohan
24:Christiensen/Bartlett/Bastinac
26:Luke Ball
33:Troy Taylor/Matthew Panos/Liam Patrick.

Would be happy with any of these guys if available at their picks!

You drafting someone in the top 30 that averages 11 possessions a game? Jeez that is a bit of a stretch. Kicks okay, but does not get enough of the pill!

Fair enough, but he's getting 11 quality disposals. Most of the guys in those videos are just bombing the ball forward and turning it over.

You can rely on stats too much - the kid's a footballer. I'd take that over someone who gets more possessions and just tips it over all the time.

I'm not saying he's gold, I don't know enough to profess to that; but if the number 11 is all he has working against him, that's not enough to write him off for mine.

PS getting REAL toey about this draft ... can't wait!

Lucas is another Palmer. Incredible athlete with dodgy field kicking.

Moore, Talia, Melksham and Shepphard are natural footballers who use the ball intelligently.

I will be disappointed if we pick Lucas.

Most of his bad kicks are when he takes the lazy option and kicks across his body a bit or simply doesnt kick through the ball.
The kicking is an issue which is why i keep saying there is only 2 truely elite mids in this draft and both of them are going to Melbourne.
Every other mid has some sort of issues that make them more of a risk which s why i was harsh on people saying we needed to take a gun mid with pick 10.
You cant draft a gun if there is only a water pistol available and as far as Lucas goes his kicking issue is what stops him from being in that top 2 mix.

Ant555 it just being one day out from the draft, do you still want Talia? Would you consider mid at 10 and if you had to choose out Lucas, Melksham, Stevens and maybe Moore who would it be?

And lastly who you reckon the club will choose?

Lucas and Moore have been identified if available. Not expecting Butcher to be there but will have no hestitaion in calling his name out if is.

How is this draft thing working tomorrow night? I know the top 10 are going to be picked earlier, to be announced from 10-1 on the telecast. Now, are the top 10 read first, or will things kick off effectively from pick 11, leaving the suspense for the top 10?

If they are reading 10-1 first, then better make sure we are strapped in front of the TV ready as we would be first cab off the rank.

10: Melksham
24: Bastinac
26: Christenson > Gysberts > Bartlett
33: Duncan > Panos

This would arouse me slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back