Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Draft Picks 10, 24, 26 & 33

My reasonably uneducated summary of who I want:

#10: Talia
#24: Christensen
#26: Bastinac
#33: Colyer

So we'd get a classy KPP; a ball magnet midfielder; smart, skilled & hard running midfielder; and an evasive small forward/midfielder.

I don't know a whole lot other than what I've read on a few websites and seen on youtube, but from what I understand I'd be stoked with those results.

So we'd get a classy KPP; a ball magnet midfielder; smart, skilled & hard running midfielder; and an evasive small forward/midfielder.

I don't know a whole lot other than what I've read on a few websites and seen on youtube, but from what I understand I'd be stoked with those results.

Would be very happy if we ended up with this. :thumbsu:

Would be suprised if Bastinac and Colyer both dropped this low though.

Then why can't we choose Moore and go with three midfielders afterwards?

Mainly becuase I want Gawn at 33. I want the other 3 picks to be midfielders. I do feel we need a ruckman in the next draft or two and I feel this is probably our best chance. Moore is not KPP, he is not a midfielder. He is a utility. But really I hate these "in between" players. Would rather go for a player with a definate position, whether that be Talia at a KPP or Bartlett/Melksham/Lucas as midfielders.

Just heard on the news Liam Jurrah's cousin is going to train with us before the draft (sorry if this has already been mentioned). He's a ruckman that's as skinny, if not skinnier, than Bock.

He's 185cm, and not an AFL ruckman. 21 years of age (I think) and probably not worth it, far too skinny and underdeveloped for the AFL, with less time than most draftees to actually work on his negatives.

Could be interesting, but not particularly focussed on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just heard on the news Liam Jurrah's cousin is going to train with us before the draft (sorry if this has already been mentioned). He's a ruckman that's as skinny, if not skinnier, than Bock.

Liam Patrick :thumbsu:

Am I sensing the start of a 'crystal ball' thread??? I remember that you called dibs :p

Am I sensing the start of a 'crystal ball' thread??? I remember that you called dibs :p
;) Sure did.

However I was referring to a thread after the ND, PSD and Rookie Drafts. That way we can have the standard 'which draftee will play the most games', as well as including new draftees in 'Best 22' etc.

We probably could/should start up a 'crystal ball' thread on the ND itself, though. It'd have to be a prediction thread obviously, as opposed to this thread, which is our preferences.

I could try to organise some sort of prize with the Admins.

;) Sure did.

However I was referring to a thread after the ND, PSD and Rookie Drafts. That way we can have the standard 'which draftee will play the most games', as well as including new draftees in 'Best 22' etc.

We probably could/should start up a 'crystal ball' thread on the ND itself, though. It'd have to be a prediction thread obviously, as opposed to this thread, which is our preferences.

I could try to organise some sort of prize with the Admins.

I doubt even Nostradamus himself would guess more than two of our picks. Could be a good bit of fun though.

I think the olny thing they will miss with McPhee is experience. The need to replace him is not there position wise as we already have NLM , Daniher , T Slattery and Welsh if needed to play a tallish flankers role.
Lets face it although McPhee had a couple of wins here and there against taller oponents he was hardly what you would call a gun tall defender.

Agree.

I just threw it up there as Hardingham will get picked up probably in the rookie Draft.

I think that Daniher is probably the one who could best play the mcPhee role - although I question how much confidence the coaching staff have in Daniher.

Works for me :thumbsu:
You can now consider yourself educated :p:D

Mainly becuase I want Gawn at 33. I want the other 3 picks to be midfielders. I do feel we need a ruckman in the next draft or two and I feel this is probably our best chance. Moore is not KPP, he is not a midfielder. He is a utility. But really I hate these "in between" players. Would rather go for a player with a definate position, whether that be Talia at a KPP or Bartlett/Melksham/Lucas as midfielders.

So when i look up my notes on Moore from the Rangers games and it says a few times looked at home when he was used in the middle or around the stoppages i was actually looking at the wrong player ?

Tell me again how many times you have seen Moore play ?

The other issue i have is you keep telling everyone that they are picking certain players way too early at 33 which is ok but then you follow up with taking a ruckman in Gawn at 33 who i belive is a big reach as well.

IMO Gawn is not that special and despite his 206cm size i saw him out jumped by 198cm ruckman in Nathan Burnage against Rangers and against the Falcons Mackenzie and Holmer who are 190cm and 191cm dominated the hit outs.
Gawn seems to have a very big rep based on his really good game against the Northern Knights and a reasonable game in the first round against Oakleigh.
Given Gawn also played stuff all at TAC Cup level he is another player you are rating simply off what others have said about him so it hardly makes you informed enough to be telling others their selections are too early for pick 33.

I do want a ruckman with one of our 4 picks. Yes I know it is a poor year for ruckmen but given Bellchambers inability to be fit and Bock being a stick figure not to mention Laycock being injured for most of 2008/9, we have to take a ruckman this year. From what I have seen Gawn looks a better prospect than say a Craig who at 198cm is a bit of an in between height for a ruckman. Gawn's physicality has something to work with.

As for Moore, I have not seen him a great deal, but I hate these versatile players so to speak. GENUINE MIDFIELDERS are what I want with the other 3 picks, especially with pick 10. We need to get a safe A-B grade midfielder with pick 10. I'd rather take Stevens, Bartlett, or Melksham than take Moore, at least we know where they will play. We have enough versatile mids on our list headed by Myers who has spent most of his career to date on the HBF line!

I do want a ruckman with one of our 4 picks. Yes I know it is a poor year for ruckmen but given Bellchambers inability to be fit and Bock being a stick figure not to mention Laycock being injured for most of 2008/9, we have to take a ruckman this year.

Bellchambers looks very fit atm, Bock seems to be filling out and Laycock is reportedly over his problems, along with Ryder, Hille and Hooker (pin hitting) 6 ruckman are enough for the list, especially with Hille most likely to have 3-4 years left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back