DT13

Debutant
May 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Melb Tigers
Looking at the Collinwood board and there seems to be a lot of questions being asked, regarding several players and their positions in the team or future with the club.
So I was just wondering what people thought about who might not be around next year considering we have to make room for the following players/picks.

Additions
Wellingham - Elevated to senior list.

Macaffer - Elevated to senior list?

Reed - Taken with the last pick in 2009 draft.

Subtractions???
Burns - Possible Retirement? (luv the man, can he go again?)

Wakelin - Possible Retirement? (see Burns)

Holland - Possible Retirement? (struggling with inj)

Prestigiacomo - Possible Retirement? (struggling with inj)

Lonie - Delist? (struggling with inj)

Cox - Delist? (could stay for team depth, but cant see him in our best 22)

Egan - Trade? (promising until inj, can be lazy, could have trade value)

Iles - Delist? (plays well in the VFL, cant see him making the next step)

At the start of the season I might have had Bryan & Toovey on the list. But Bryan has had a solid year and Toovey seems to be getting games ahead of others. So he must be liked by the coaching staff.

Lonie - gone
Illes - gone
Toovey - gone
Hollan - gone

Burns - Retired
Wakelin - Retired

Egan - Traded
Cox - Tradebait

Stanley - could go either way
Cook - could go either way

If Toovey ever wears the black and whote again - its a disgrace

Lonie - gone
Illes - gone
Toovey - gone
Hollan - gone

Burns - Retired
Wakelin - Retired

Egan - Traded
Cox - Tradebait

Stanley - could go either way
Cook - could go either way

If Toovey ever wears the black and whote again - its a disgrace

Agree with all except Wakelin. I think he will give it one more year to give the youngsters in the backline another year to mature. His form warrants another year as well.

Add:

Lachlan Keeffe - Rookie List

Hell no.... Biggest letdown ever. Looked like being a star... has massive athleticism, too bad he cant play

I think he can play (i havnt seen it yet though). His attitude is pathetic. Doesnt show alot of heart and willingness to go in and get the nut. Thats my big issue with him, attitude.

i reckon we'll win the flag and burns will go for back to back

after convincing bucks to come out of retirement that is

thats way off

you forgot licca and clement coming out of retirement also

we cant chop lonie as much as ppl dont like him , hes a handy backup and only 25. we need him for depth incase we do get struck with a bad run of injuries.

thats way off

you forgot licca and clement coming out of retirement also

we cant chop lonie as much as ppl dont like him , hes a handy backup and only 25. we need him for depth incase we do get struck with a bad run of injuries.

That's what people where saying for the whole of last year, and we have had injuries and poor form etc fact is he is wasted list space. You can't carry a 26 year old depth player who has clearly been found out.

Lonie was very good when breaking onto the scene as he got not much attention as such could avoid contests etc.

Injuries haven't helped him but the fact is we would be wasting time if we ever had him in the ones. I think most people defending him have romantic memories of when he was a promising kid playing good footy and strugle to let go

Lonie - Delist
Holland - Delist
Cox - Trade
Wakelin - Retire
Egan - Trade
Burns - Retire
Isles - Delist

Need to keep Presti and Toovey as back up.

Recruit Kerr and M Brown to fill the void and will almost be the complete team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I've seen throughout the year, I can't tell who will be delisted and retained. Obviously Toovey is skating on very thin ice (sorry), along with Cox (says he wants to go home), Egan (hasn't lived up to his potential), Lonie (always will be a chance because of his skills) and Holland (hasn't played since he returned to the side in Round 6).

why does everyone want to get ride of iles and cox.

you have to think what other players are we going to get that will be as good as them,
i mean iles and cox both have shown something at senior level. both are still young,
and i cant see any 60+ draft pick being as good as them.

i reckon we'll win the flag and burns will go for back to back

after convincing bucks to come out of retirement that is

I think your living on fantasy island just quietly (we wish)... Then again, bucks would be kickin himself for retireing if we take it out this year...
Id feel sorry for him after all he's done for the club he deserved a Prem medal... Guys like him, Scott West, Rob Harvey (Legend), all deserve to have one. :cool:

I think your living on fantasy island just quietly (we wish)... Then again, bucks would be kickin himself for retireing if we take it out this year...
Id feel sorry for him after all he's done for the club he deserved a Prem medal... Guys like him, Scott West, Rob Harvey (Legend), all deserve to have one. :cool:

Yep, would be terrible for the champ.

Same with if the Dogs win it this year, and West can't get on to the park.

I think there will be some pain no matter what at the end of the year.

We need to free up at least 6 spots this year. Two for the elevations of Wellingham and Mccaffer, one for Scott Reed and 3 for the national draft/PSD.

The pain will come either from all of our senior players retiring (rocca, burns, presti, wakes, holland) or some senior players retiring and us having to cut some kids who maybe could have had another year on the list.

I can't see Lonie staying a magpie. He clearly is no longer a depth player because he doesn't get a call up regardless of injuries. He will either be delisted or traded to another club (and by trade I mean one like Ben Davies where we don't use the pick but get him to the club he wants).

Can the GC17 trade picks this year? If so, there is a tiny chance that Lonie could end up with them, maybe for a small pick upgrade, e.g. a 3rd rounder being swapped for a slightly better 3rd rounder.

I don't see Egan having any currency either. He would probably be taken in the PSD or we might get a slight pick upgrade out of him but thats about it.

Players like isles, stanley, toovey should be very nervous as one or two may have to go due to the harsh realities of the limited space on the list.

If we lose all our seniors another nasty ramification is that we may no longer have veterans we can essentially keep of the senior list, which would mean further cuts. I await the trade period with great interest.

Add:

Lachlan Keeffe - Rookie List

ive been hearing about this lachlan keefe.....

can i ask:

who is he?
how have we secured him already?
how have we used a rookie draft pick already when the rookie draft is in January 2009??
why is he already "our" player for 2009?
where does he play currently?

any info?

All on that list should go except for Burns and Wakelin, it should be in there hands whether they play on.

Considering it will be the last "fair" draft for 5-6 years, we should only trade if we can get Daniel Kerr, otherwise trade egan, cox, toovey, lonie etc for extra draft picks.

We have a good history now of late draft picks and rookies becoming senior players.

1999 Draft ---- Ben Johnson pick 62
Leon Davis Pick 34

2000 Draft ----- Wakelin, pick 49

2001 Draft ----- Dane Swan, pick 58

2003 Draft ----- Heath Shaw 48, F/son, but no one rated him that highly

2005 Draft ----- John Anthony 37
Ryan Cook 23
Danny Stanley 21

2006 Draft ----- Brad Dick 44
Tyson Goldsack 63

2007 Draft ----- too early to tell

This shows that you dont need 1st round draft picks to pick up top quality players, add Harry O, Marty Clarke and a few other rookies in and this proves we should keep all our draft picks this year and build a strong future for a 7-8 year period, not just 1 or 2 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back