2009 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
move199.gif

That's incredibly humorous. Oh by the way, you're very unintelligent. And 9 wins won't get you 9th.

Geez who thinks we will be a contender next year? You're the one who thinks we will make the finals in 2009. i'm not the one overrating our list.
On an unrelated note, look what I just happened upon. Hehe. This means a) Beaver is wrong either in this thread or in that post I just quoted, and b) Beaver changed his mind, something he is apparently very opposed to.

No Beaver I wasn't hunting for something like this, I was reading an old thread, saw it, chuckled, and decided to post it.

9 wins
13 losses

position: ....................................................you guessed it(9th)

LOL, thats hilarious. As if no one has come up with a joke about us finishing 9th, like ever.

Gold star for you:
images

Haha, I just thought of a wicked pay out for opposition fans, call us Ninthmond, ROFLMAO.

On an unrelated note, look what I just happened upon. Hehe. This means a) Beaver is wrong either in this thread or in that post I just quoted, and b) Beaver changed his mind, something he is apparently very opposed to.

No Beaver I wasn't hunting for something like this, I was reading an old thread, saw it, chuckled, and decided to post it.
Post a link to the thread.

Wins: 13

Losses: 7

Finish: 6th

Best and Fairest: Brett Deledio

Most Goals: Cleve Hughes (62)

Most improved player: Mark Coughlan/Shane Edwards

5 Players to make an impact on the rest of the competition (Who will the media/opposition fans be talking about): Adam Pattison, Brett Deledio, Trent Cotchin. Matt White,

First player promoted from rookie list: Robin Nahas

Best first year player (inc. rookies/non-debutants): Alex Rance

First player to get Rising Star nomination: Alex Rance

Which player will have a greater impact, Cousins, Thomson or Hislop: Ben Cousins

5 players who wont be there in 2010: JON, Silvester, Pettifer, Collins, Graham

Beave if you press the blue arrow on the quote it will take you there. Clever thread. The ranger won it by the way.
I stand by the majority of what I said in that thread. The finals 2009 comment has changed, because the club has brought in short term fixes and recycled players. I think I may have been wrong on McGuane.

I stand by the majority of what I said in that thread. The finals 2009 comment has changed, because the club has brought in short term fixes and recycled players. I think I may have been wrong on McGuane.

ummm, shouldnt that read a "short term fix" Beave? I mean, recycled players yes, but they are in an age bracket that would equate to a long term vision if they cut the mustard, no?
Lets put it this way, we are not the only club to make mistakes by giving away young players, before they have had time and the opportunity to prove themselves. We have mixed this trade to perfection IMO. At the stage we are at in development of the list, we took an experienced star in, 2 recycled, sub-25 yolds, that were not given opportunities at their former clubs, and the rest were all youngsters.
Which included a 2 ruckmen, one of which was targetted and the other as a project, KPP types that we needed and filled the rookie list predominantly with nippy crumbing forwards.
I really cant argue with that balance, with where we are at right now and what we needed to do.
Its all about balance dude. You see we are most likely to play finals next year. To add a Ben Cousins to the team, ontop of seasoned hardened bodies in hislop & Thomson, not that it will take us to the holy grail, but funnier things have happened, but it will at least give us something, so as to not get blown away without a yelp.
While back at the nursery, we will still be nurturing the youngsters that we picked up and when and if they make the grade, then they will be included amongst a playing group, who itself would have had the seasoning of big time footy. You must understand that to introduuce a youngster into a top 8 side, is supremely easier than introducing a youngster into a spoon or thereabouts side.
In a nutshell we are at the point where we leave behind the "lets blood youngsters, give them a run see what they got" and we are arriving at the point where "we include the youngster because he adds to our weaponry". ;)

What the Sam Hill? So KJ will be one of our 5 players to make an impact on the competition.... because he will retire?
Johnson and Bowden could well have the media and opposition fans talking about them. Especially if either get dropped(see suffers a mystery injury) early on in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree Cogga that a positive out of this draft period is that we actually targeted some pretty dire needs. Rucks, inside midfielders and small forwards. We still need more quality tall forwards, another a-grade midfielder and a couple of other things. I plan to do a list review once my yellow card expires.

I agree Cogga that a positive out of this draft period is that we actually targeted some pretty dire needs. Rucks, inside midfielders and small forwards. We still need more quality tall forwards, another a-grade midfielder and a couple of other things. I plan to do a list review once my yellow card expires.

i think you should hold off on your review until the end of the season. What we need might be addressed, and you dont even know it. There is always 1 or 2 players who emerge out of a pre-season dude. Its par for the course. Not to mention, that i reckon we have our quality a-grader mid in our midst, still a bit of work to do on the bod, but reckon he is gunna tear it up soon. Got a taste last year, and saw enough to suggest he has the gift and the grunt, but lacks the bod. That will come over the next 2 years, while Ben gives him a breather. Stay tuned, the kids a gun in the making, in and under. Well IMO anyway. ;)

i think you should hold off on your review until the end of the season. What we need might be addressed, and you dont even know it. There is always 1 or 2 players who emerge out of a pre-season dude. Its par for the course. Not to mention, that i reckon we have our quality a-grader mid in our midst, still a bit of work to do on the bod, but reckon he is gunna tear it up soon. Got a taste last year, and saw enough to suggest he has the gift and the grunt, but lacks the bod. That will come over the next 2 years, while Ben gives him a breather. Stay tuned, the kids a gun in the making, in and under. Well IMO anyway. ;)
Nah I'll do one now. As for that extra A-grader, I'm not that convinced about Edwards as you are.

Nah I'll do one now. As for that extra A-grader, I'm not that convinced about Edwards as you are.

not a problem dude, but i rarely get it to wrong. Stay tuned. Not to mention that we also have Dean Polo to add to the contenders for the "a-grade" mid list too. Reckon its looking better in the guts than you suggest. ;)

Dean Polo? The guy was almost delisted. Not an A-grade talent. Even Wacko Jacko gets a game ahead of him. Nope I'm afraid that extra A-grader will have to come with a first round pick.

Dean Polo? The guy was almost delisted. Not an A-grade talent. Even Wacko Jacko gets a game ahead of him. Nope I'm afraid that extra A-grader will have to come with a first round pick.

we will revisit this dude. You dont really watch what unfolds on the ground do you? And for sure and certain you sell quite a deal short, the age old problem with most youngsters, the 2nd year blues. You know when a youngster comes in tears it up on debut? Gets B.O.G has the the cameras shining at him, then gets gigs on brownlow medallists and other assorted guns. Then the next year he thinks his shit doesnt stink and thinks he can cruise on into the side. You kind of have to do a few things to him to get his head out of his arse, for his and the teams good.
Stay tuned. ;)

we will revisit this dude. You dont really watch what unfolds on the ground do you? And for sure and certain you sell quite a deal short, the age old problem with most youngsters, the 2nd year blues. You know when a youngster comes in tears it up on debut? Gets B.O.G has the the cameras shining at him, then gets gigs on brownlow medallists and other assorted guns. Then the next year he thinks his shit doesnt stink and thinks he can cruise on into the side. You kind of have to do a few things to him to get his head out of his arse, for his and the teams good.
Stay tuned. ;)
Do you? A-grade talent seems to do a bit more. They tend to work harder to be an AFL footballer. That debut was back in 2006, he will be 23 next year, and has not shown anywhere near as much as our genuine A-grade midfield talent in Cotchin and Deledio, and they are a few years younger. He may become a decent 2nd tier mid, but I'm happy to revist your A-grade claim.

Do you? A-grade talent seems to do a bit more. They tend to work harder to be an AFL footballer. That debut was back in 2006, he will be 23 next year, and has not shown anywhere near as much as our genuine A-grade midfield talent in Cotchin and Deledio, and they are a few years younger. He may become a decent 2nd tier mid, but I'm happy to revist your A-grade claim.

no problemo....like i said, you dont watch to closely. dont know about you, but for the last 5 years there hasnt been much more to look at, but what these boys can do under the hammer. Forget about the airy "i am on my own now, see how fast i can run" stuff. If you really watch you might see why Polo wasnt delisted. And forget about Cotch..he aint A-grade...they aint got a letter that comes before the "A" yet. ;)

Wins: 13

Losses: 9

Finish: 6th

Best and Fairest: Brett Deledio

Most Goals: Hughes (50)

Most improved player: Cleve Hughes/David Gourdis

5 Players to make an impact on the rest of the competition (Who will the media/opposition fans be talking about): Matthew White, Adam Thomson, Alex Rance, Richard Tambling, Cleve Hughes

First player promoted from rookie list: David Gourdis

Which player will have a greater impact, Cousins, Thomson or Hislop: Adam Thomson

5 players who wont be there in 2010: JON, Johnson, Silvester, Pettifer & Robin Nahas

I've tl;dr'd most of this page Beave and Cogga, so sorry if you already covered it, but Beaver...You're full of shit. Your opinion hasn't changed because we've brought in a number of short term fixes. Your opinion has changed because, at the time of that thread, we were 3 wins from 11 games, before we went on to win 8 of the last 11. Your opinion has changed because our young team exceeded your expectations in the second half of last year.

Wins: 14

Losses: 8

Finish: 4th

Best and Fairest: Shane Tuck

Most Goals: Morton (53). We'll have several goal kickers with 40+ goals

Most improved player: Dean Polo, Cleve Hughes

5 Players to make an impact on the rest of the competition (Who will the media/opposition fans be talking about): Matthew White, Trent Cotchin, Mark Coughlan, Dean Polo, Cleve Hughes

First player promoted from rookie list: Jarrod Silvester(even though he's crap)

Which player will have a greater impact, Cousins, Thomson or Hislop: Adam Thomson

5 players who wont be there in 2010: JON(crap), Graham(if he doesn't take next step with several ruckman on the list now), Silvester(crap), Pettifer(maybe last chance) & Raines(swap him for pick with gold coast)[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back