2009 Trade Discussion Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didaks price must have risen steeply the passed few weeks then. Well in that case i would go for Roo, he is always going to be taking grabs and kicking goals and will be getting 100 every single week basically. I just think Didaks ceiling is a little higher but at the same time he will be less consistent, cant go wrong either way.

I will have 1 forward bench player after getting rid of Walker, and 1 midfield bench, but no backline bench, still 3 trades will be enough to get me thru i think..

This week
Dawson> Post
Rich> Swan
next week
Dempsey>PBurg/330k def
Then that will leave me with 3 trade left and broughton i will leave as my last defender
Thoughts?

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I have $10k left to spend and five trades.

My team:

Goddard, Cornes, Drummond, Grimes, Taylor, Broughton, Hodge (Petrenko, Quinn)
Bartel, Gibbs, Ablett, Judd, Selwood, Cooney (Muston, Barham)
Riewoldt, Johnson, Deledio, Higgins, Roughead, Didak, Ballantyne (Walker, Ziebell)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am unsure of what to do. I was thinking of swapping Barham to Anthony which will give me cover in the middle plus allow me to have $90k to spend. But the one trade I definately want to do is Ziebell to Pavlich but am unsure how cheap Pav will get to.

From looking at my team, does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Hi guys - just want some affirmation for my thoughts

8 trades left - $150k in the bank

Sidebottom -> Ballantyne (I only want to make 2 more downgrades, the other will be Burgoyne -> Rookie defender in a few weeks)

Rich -> Montagna.

My focus is a league win and the saints have a relatively easy final month.

Was going to wait to bring Mon.tagna in due to his breakeven - but i think he'll cane it this week - and his 74 will go off the radar after this week,

Plus Rich is going to drop by as much regardless due to playing the cats

Leave me 6 trades to upgrade M Brown and D Beams - probably to S Johnson and D Swan

Sounds like a solid team if that's all you have got to do with 8 trades, how are you overall do you still have a shot???

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I have $10k left to spend and five trades.

My team:

Goddard, Cornes, Drummond, Grimes, Taylor, Broughton, Hodge (Petrenko, Quinn)
Bartel, Gibbs, Ablett, Judd, Selwood, Cooney (Muston, Barham)
Riewoldt, Johnson, Deledio, Higgins, Roughead, Didak, Ballantyne (Walker, Ziebell)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am unsure of what to do. I was thinking of swapping Barham to Anthony which will give me cover in the middle plus allow me to have $90k to spend. But the one trade I definately want to do is Ziebell to Pavlich but am unsure how cheap Pav will get to.

From looking at my team, does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Get Anthony for the 90K plus cover for Gablett, and then maybe get Broadbent in for Muston so you can have a playing sub and some cash. That's the best option i can see.

Want to downgrade Muston so I have enough cash for Chapman. Options for downgrade are Broadbent, McGinnnity and Redden. Already have Anthony and want to make the trade today. Who should I choose?

hey guys a quick question, i think i no what im going to do but just looking at what other people think

i have stevie j, pav and sandilands out this week, im still in eliminator and my opponent has sandi but no stevie J, so i will cop a 0 for stevie cuz i hav no cover. to even it out im thinkn of getting hmac for sandi therefore we both have no 0s

the only prob is it wont give me enough cash to upgrade later and the huge issue is i wil be left with 2 trades

what do u think?

hey guys a quick question, i think i no what im going to do but just looking at what other people think

i have stevie j, pav and sandilands out this week, im still in eliminator and my opponent has sandi but no stevie J, so i will cop a 0 for stevie cuz i hav no cover. to even it out im thinkn of getting hmac for sandi therefore we both have no 0s

the only prob is it wont give me enough cash to upgrade later and the huge issue is i wil be left with 2 trades

what do u think?

I got 4 trades left and 130k in the bank and I have all guns except maybe Thomas, Krakouer and Kerr. Im thinking that I will upgrade Krakouer-->Murphy and Kerr --> Salopek. Thoughts?

what do u think?

If you do this then it may ruin you in the last weeks or it may save you in the eliminator. The question you have to ask yourself it do you really think you can win eliminator and if so is it worth the risk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doing Rich -> Anthony
which option is best for tail end of trade?

1) MBrown -> Didak

2)Sidebottom->Davis

3) Muston->Selwood

opinions pleaase?

Sounds like a solid team if that's all you have got to do with 8 trades, how are you overall do you still have a shot???

Negative - too hard to try and get total points and get a league win - so i haven't been trading aggressively enough - so carried a few spuds like Pearce for a while.

Have a couple of others I'd like to upgrade such as Franklin and Foley - but i'll wait until finals time before i do that.

Next year I'll run a team for my wife for overall and my team for the grudge league i am in

Thinking of downgrading Buddy just because I'm sick of him... thoughts? Any ideas who I should bring in?

Anyone able to help? With Ablett out as well I'm thinking a downgrade in the forward line to some fiendishly cheap forward (I already have Ballantyne BTW) and then an upgrade of Barham in the midfield.

With the constant strain of injuries to Johnson, Pavlich, Davis & Goodwin would anyone suggest trading in Ballantyne to F-ing Wade Thompson and going down to four trades? Other forwards are Deledio, Buddy & J.Brown with Jurrah my emergency...

Don't think I've ever asked for anyone's opinion on here but I could do with a few now...

thinking of doing Hasleby -> Bartel

Hase's BE is 70 while Jimmy's is 113. Both will probably make it. However it's more likely Hase will do it easily against the Crows (he won't be tagged I don't think). He's also got a very good run home facing the likes of Brisbane, Hawthorn, WCE, Port, Melbourne and Essendon. With the Cats in round 22 and the Bulldogs the only other tough opponent.
The worry with Jimmy is that he is a near certainty to get rested at some point in the season and the last thing I'd need in a very crucial match is for him to have that rest. I'm not going to bother with his draw as he can score well against anyone but it's that rest possibility that's my only issue.

What do people think?

Team like so, 4 trades, $67K remaining

B - Goddard, Chad, Adcock, Fisher, Grimes, Broughton, Lockyer (Houlihan, Raines)
M - Hayes, Swan, Selwood, Gibbs, Rich, Anthony (Meyer, Muston)
R - Cox, Fraser (doesnt matter, dont even remember)
F - Riewoldt, Didak, Pav, Stevie J, Deledio, Higgins, Goodwin (Ballantyne, Hentschell)

Looking at trading Rich.
Which option?
Brad Green - can do with 1 trade, left with 3 LTI trades & fairly stable team
Jimmy - need to do 2 trades to raise cash, but no reall downgrade options?

Leaning towards Green for value but have a sizeable amount of man love for Jimmy & have been waiting for the right moment to snap him up.
Brain says Green, Heart says Jimmy - need some reassurance.

Don't think I've ever asked for anyone's opinion on here but I could do with a few now...

thinking of doing Hasleby -> Bartel

Hase's BE is 70 while Jimmy's is 113. Both will probably make it. However it's more likely Hase will do it easily against the Crows (he won't be tagged I don't think). He's also got a very good run home facing the likes of Brisbane, Hawthorn, WCE, Port, Melbourne and Essendon. With the Cats in round 22 and the Bulldogs the only other tough opponent.
The worry with Jimmy is that he is a near certainty to get rested at some point in the season and the last thing I'd need in a very crucial match is for him to have that rest. I'm not going to bother with his draw as he can score well against anyone but it's that rest possibility that's my only issue.

What do people think?
How can you say that Jimmy didnt miss a match last year and geelong where in the same boat last year.

i need a downgrade target either for houlihan (under $118k) so i can get jimmy...

or a downgrade target for mitch brown (under $110k) so i can get jimmy...

only options i can think of are ruffles for freo or austin for lions...

thoughts opinions please .... ??? thanks

i need a downgrade target either for houlihan (under $118k) so i can get jimmy...

or a downgrade target for mitch brown (under $110k) so i can get jimmy...

only options i can think of are ruffles for freo or austin for lions...

thoughts opinions please .... ??? thanks

Broadbent from Port might be worth a looksee. He is on the extended bench so you gotta wait to see how that goes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back