2009 WDFNL Season. Movements and Rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell us a bit more champs as I don't know him. What sort of player, who did he play with in Eastern and where is home down here?

His a 19 year old who grew up in Warrnambool, school at Geelong. Very quick on ball/half forward. Played for Croydon in the EFL, heading to North warnie I think, could be south.

Luke Duncan from the Dogs is off to Nirranda for big $$$ is riding Monty's sister so it is a package deal.... With the netball side picking up a handy player as well....

His a 19 year old who grew up in Warrnambool, school at Geelong. Very quick on ball/half forward. Played for Croydon in the EFL, heading to North warnie I think, could be south.

definitely big league? I know nothing, but Sean Bourke from the Power came from Croydon so there's a link there.

Luke Duncan from the Dogs is off to Nirranda for big $$$ is riding Monty's sister so it is a package deal.... With the netball side picking up a handy player as well....

Inside word is they have no intention of going to Nirranda their simply trying to increase their pay packet with the Doggies by appearing to shop around

does anyone know about dylan chaplin burch?? heard he played a practice game at st kilda the other day and been training there... any1 know if hes staying at the sharks?? kicked 80 odd goals last year should go alright next year.

does anyone know about dylan chaplin burch?? heard he played a practice game at st kilda the other day and been training there... any1 know if hes staying at the sharks?? kicked 80 odd goals last year should go alright next year.

I thought I read in The Standard a month or so ago that he was staying put at the Sharks. despite approaches from I think Timboon, and a couple of other clubs. But don't quote me on that..

i was talking to a mate who plays at deakin an he recons burch is sticking around the money doesnt interest him he just wants to play with his mates at deakin

so who do you guys reckon will be the dominate players from clubs this year??? and which clubs do you reckon will dominate or improve this year???

I reckon the the top 5 will include these 5 teams in no particular order
Dennington timboom kolora Merrivale and maybe creek they seem to have picked up alot of players thats the only reason i think them....
Dennington to be the big improvers on last yr.

Yes Smiles these two guys will be good players for the Creek , But you failed to mention the biggest name to be heading to the Creek In that fearless goal kicking machine NATHAN HARTY

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New member hear - obvious by name, but have followed this a bit. Interesting season ahead. Plenty of movement around, but prob the dogs biggest improver. Jenkins a star. After reading threads - hacker seems to know alot about timboon - guessing he from there??? Dunno!!! Magpiemick - not biased at all but if you dish it out you gotta accept it back - hopefully your comments aren't as personal as previous few years!!!!!!! U slagged many in the past - yeah ok ur rite to have an opinion but hey people gunna get upset if u bag them.
Apparently not all smooth sailing at power, lost some recruits, but new coach will be very good for them on and off field. Keep an eye on the blues. Plenty to do after last year but have recruited as well as anybody.

Everall good, played both ends but has done a runner and taken a recruit from the warriors with him. They not happy.
Little was good in parts but played with injuries. Rumour is he wont play this year.
Creek recruited plenty of numbers. Should be some good ones amongst them. Nirranda talkin finals.

Apparently not all smooth sailing at power, lost some recruits, but new coach will be very good for them on and off field. Keep an eye on the blues. Plenty to do after last year but have recruited as well as anybody.
can u fill us in wat has happened at the power?? who are the recruits that they have lost??? nirranda definately improve but still not in 5...

Have heard fraser deal fallen thru but i notice his clearance is thru to the power. All rumours and this time of year is rife for them. U can believe what you want of them. Nirranda not without a chance of making finals. Allansford tickin along slowly. have lost onballers but recruited strong forwards. if they can get it down there then they will be dangerous.
Hewson good pick up for warriors. East lost ruckman, Panmure a couple in and a couple out! Will be there abouts again. S Schrama very handy. Clements huge loss for demons, but wiggins good inclusion.

Just an update to anybody reading this site (bit disappointed with amount of discussion) last few years much better. No probs at the power. Gun recruit playing with a couple more melb boys in mix. Also heard timboon prac match called off due to brawl. Watched them in granny last year for first time for year and didn't see anything to indicate this was possible. Good news for them that Nic Thomson stayed at club. He and rylance great to watch in granny.

i heard dennington played koroit and took it right up to them and that matty monk played. also heard that rovers had a draw against anglesea down there and apparently allansford have had a intra club and stenhouse was unstoppable

I heard Dennington played ok but the margin was at least 10-12 goals and O'Keefe foster and co didn't play. McLean kicked 5 in a quarter. Dennington a couple down but I wouldn't say they pushed them. They will finish top three this year. Stenhouse apparently good but the issue may be the size of their forward line. You can only pick one forward line on a saturday. Doyle and lenehan will be solid down back.

Hello to all. I came across this site by accident and its good to talk about a league close to home. Ive read some interesting comments right back to the start of last year and it seems most of you know your stuff. While i think most comments are quite valid some seem to be off the mark to some extent. I realise these are opnions and stuff we hear around the place they are good to read. One person who stands out is this magpiemick and although he doesnt seem to be on here for a while, so what if hes and umpire....surely its good to hear from someone like that who sees things from another angle!! Anyway the only things i now know is what i rread here...but i havent heard anything much thats not on here as yet but ill keep my ear to the ground and let you all know what i find out too....cheers and have a good year at the footy.

going to be interesting with the gun forwards and who wins the Goalkicking

Chaplin Burch (DU)
Stenhouse (ALL)
Harty (RC)
Matthews (SR)
Nowell (DEN)

and prob a few more

Just a few comments on practice matches, spoke to a koroit person and they said that 4 of their top5 didnt play and that they were over using the ball and still mananged a 15+ goal win against dennington who had all but GJ sheppard and one other play. They thought dennington would be a good side but never ever kicked goals against wat were koroits ressies in parts of the game. Timboons game was called off due to a fight, late shirt front was responded to and a melle ensued to which the umpire called it off about half way through the 6th quarter. Creek are playing an inter club match and then one against a ballarat side the week before we start (thought most would have had the week off). Havent heard much else so would be keen to hear results from other matches guys

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 WDFNL Season. Movements and Rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back