AE 2010 - Armchair Endzone Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Armchair Endzone (2010): Discussion & Updates

Send your tips, ranked 1 through 16 (1 - most confident, 16 - least)
Isn't it meant to be the other way around? 1 for least/16 for most? or is something changing there?

Almost there. Argh!

If anyone wants to submit their tips now, you can either PM me or GG or email them to tips@armchairendzone.com (make sure you include your name)

Send your tips, ranked 16 through 1 (16 - most confident, 1 - least)

I'll post the spread games soon (once I pick them).

Regardless of where I'm at with the site, I'll send out emails later today to give everyone an update.

UPDATE: This year, you'll be able to change your tips up until the game time.

How this works, if you tip the Vikings with a confidence of 4, once that game starts the game is locked at that position. Therefore, you can change the games with confidence 1-3 & 5-16, but cannot change the game at confidence 4.

Woodson is against that, but the more they spread the games, the easier it is for people to miss the lockout. A lot can change between Thursday & Sunday too if there's early games. We might change this if it causes problems but it should work ok & give people a better chance.

So if people want, they can email their tip for Friday as VIKINGS [4] if they want & complete the rest later.

All the spread games will be Sunday games (I'll post them with the odds in the next post)

UPDATE: This year, you'll be able to change your tips up until the game time.

How this works, if you tip the Vikings with a confidence of 4, once that game starts the game is locked at that position. Therefore, you can change the games with confidence 1-3 & 5-16, but cannot change the game at confidence 4.

Woodson is against that, but the more they spread the games, the easier it is for people to miss the lockout. A lot can change between Thursday & Sunday too if there's early games. We might change this if it causes problems but it should work ok & give people a better chance.

So if people want, they can email their tip for Friday as VIKINGS [4] if they want & complete the rest later.

All the spread games will be Sunday games (I'll post them with the odds in the next post)

+1

I agree with that call. Everyone is playing by the same rules regardless and so long as it is communicated I have no issue. Late in the year when the games spread out this will definately be a huge +

Week 1 Spread Games

Oakland Raiders at Tennessee Titans (-4 1/2) (U/O: 40 1/2)
Indianapolis Colts (-2 1/2) at Houston Texans (U/O: 47 )
Atlanta Falcons (-2 1/2) at Pittsburgh Steelers (U/O: 38 )
Green Bay Packers (-3) at Philadelphia Eagles (U/O: 47 1/2)
Dallas Cowboys (-3 1/2) at Washington Redskins (U/O: 40 1/2)

Need to tip the team and the under/over.

Maybe someone with more time than me can explain how this sort of betting works?

I'll post later if nobody does the duty.

Week 1 Spread Games

Maybe someone with more time than me can explain how this sort of betting works?

In case anyone is unsure how it works...

Take Oakland v Tennessee.

Titans have a -4.5 start and the game total score between both teams is 40.5 pts.

So if you think Tennessee will win by 5 pts or more, you would tip Tennessee. If you think Oakland will win, tie, or lose by less than 5 pts you would tip Oakland.

Meanwhile, if you think the final score would be low scoring, like say 17-10, whomever wins, then you'd tip UNDER 40.5. If you think the final score will be high-scoring or a blow-out, like say 38-7 or 28-20, then you'd tip OVER 40.5

Week 1 Spread Games

In case anyone is unsure how it works...

Take Oakland v Tennessee.

Titans have a -4.5 start and the game total score between both teams is 40.5 pts.

So if you think Tennessee will win by 5 pts or more, you would tip Tennessee. If you think Oakland will win, tie, or lose by less than 5 pts you would tip Oakland.

Meanwhile, if you think the final score would be low scoring, like say 17-10, whomever wins, then you'd tip UNDER 40.5. If you think the final score will be high-scoring or a blow-out, like say 38-7 or 28-20, then you'd tip OVER 40.5
So for example,
If I think Titans will win 20-13 I would tip Raiders and under?
If I think Colts will win 42-35 I would tip Colts and over?
If I think Falcons will win 31-17 I would tip Falcons and over?
If I think Packers will win 34-24 I would tip Packers and over?
If I think Redskins will win 17-10 I would tip Redskins and under?

All fine except the first.

If you think the Titans will win by 7, then thy cover the -4.5 handicap. Think of it as them starting behind by 4.5 points, so because they won by 7, they overcame the 4.5 handicap and won by 2.5 points. So, you would want the Titans -4.5.

Just remembered I signed up for this... surely an email will be getting sent around sometime soon?

Was pretty last minute last year, but all went okay. Part of the charm :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All fine except the first.

If you think the Titans will win by 7, then thy cover the -4.5 handicap. Think of it as them starting behind by 4.5 points, so because they won by 7, they overcame the 4.5 handicap and won by 2.5 points. So, you would want the Titans -4.5.
1) thanks for that
2) and that's why I didn't want spread games as the feature games, too confusing initially for the non-gamblers

Yes! Us gamblers don't need any extra excuse to have a bet on the NFL!

We're almost there. Sorry for the delays. :eek:

The host decided to pull the plug on the site this morning (NFI why) and that's set me back. Timing is everything. :rolleyes:

This evening we should be up & I'll add the tips for anyone that has PM'ed or emailed their tips. I'll send an email regardless so you can login.

Hope the site is up sometime today as i have a busy few days ahead. :(

Any news JD??

Have P.Med my tip for tomorrows game JD but i like to juggle around the CR's etc and this is a lot easier to do with the website up rather than sending a P.M every time i change my mind! :D

Almost there Chism. Will definatley be up this afternoon. I'll post more as I make progress (having to re-add the user names one and a time . . . argh!!!)

I've had to cut some corners for the first update, but I'll add the rest tomorrow while the game is underway.

Last season's data will eventually be available but that is currently last on my list of things to do.

Almost there Chism. Will definatley be up this afternoon. I'll post more as I make progress (having to re-add the user names one and a time . . . argh!!!)

I've had to cut some corners for the first update, but I'll add the rest tomorrow while the game is underway.

Last season's data will eventually be available but that is currently last on my list of things to do.

No probs mate and i am looking forward to it. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

My sphincter is tightening in anticipation......

Have not heard from the Wood man for a while??

Too busy living it up with fellow Steeler fans in Pittsburgh i'd say!

He should have known better than to plan a trip to the States that coincides with the start of the AE season!

Remove this Banner Ad

AE 2010 - Armchair Endzone Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back