2010 Dream Team and SuperCoach questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, Any word on how Drum is travelling?

And how many games do think he will play this year?
:thumbsu:Cheers

hasnt played yet, hes under a slight injury cloud..

i project he starts in the VFL for the first month then when a spot opens up he will geta run..

Josh hunt gets the vacant spot before him..

should play 10-12 games

Hey, just wondering how safe you think James Kelly's spot is in the team?
Do you think he will keep up his stats from the last 2 years?

I would have thought Hunt takes Kelly's spot in defence, while Drum or Gillies will likely take Harley's role.

Even if Kelly moves forward, with Scarlo, Boris, Dasher, Taylor, Mackie and Hunt as the backs, I don't see Gillies playing lots of games (one or two here and there is another matter) unless there's some injuries, hence why he's not in my DT

Hey, just wondering how safe you think James Kelly's spot is in the team?
Do you think he will keep up his stats from the last 2 years?

Safe as houses. He's one of the most positionally versatile players we have too, so that helps him.

I think without the injury troubles of last year, he'll only increase his stats this year.

Would you guys reccomnend Chapman for DT at his price? Has he had a full pre-season? Can he continue getting his huge scores?

depends how confident you are on your team and not having to burn trades elsewhere..

if you want chappy you should make sure you have a decent bench player to come up and contribute..every odd week he may not be right to play

chappy usually misses at least 3-6 in a season..possibly more

but when he plays, he will be one of the best 3 forwards in it..risk/reward here

Hey, could any geelong supporter please tell me their honest opinions of james kelly this year? Is he likely to produce bigger scores because of hunts return and more midfield time, or will 2010 be much the same as 09?
Also what has chappy's preseason been like and is he fit at the moment?

thanks heaps

Would you guys reccomnend Chapman for DT at his price? Has he had a full pre-season? Can he continue getting his huge scores?

Depends on how much risk you want to take.

Chappy will have games where he's a matchwinner and gets you big scores, but he'll also miss some through injury. So unless your bench is strong it's a big risk to put him in. But can pay off.

For what it's worth, he's been going well in the pre season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers for that. Here's another that's driving me nuts: James Kelly or Enright?! Argh...

l picked up both kelly should play more thou the midfield with hunt back in the side even though l think he is better than hunt in that defensive role.if you only want one of the two go enright

In regards to Kelly's injuries, he missed most of the season (think it was 05 but not sure) with a broken leg, freak incidient seemingly having no long term affects, the last two years he has suffered from hamstring injuries whch both seemed quite severe, he seems very fit at the moment but no one can tell you how long that will be for, hopefully he can play all season, all signs point to yes at the moment..

Also, Kelly wont be as needed to play back line this year, players like Hunt, Gillies and Drum will get their oppurtunities down there, freeing up kelly to play wing/sweeping half backer meaning i think his dream team points will be strong..he is a great tackler too which always helps DT.

last year we relied on Kel down back due to the plethera of injuries, hopefully he can attack more this year and use his smooth skills.

summing up, if he can stay fit and play 20-22 games tis season, expect an 80-100pt average from kelly.

Anyone know why enright has average so much in the Nab Cup? Is there a reason or is he just in good form?

Anyone know why enright has average so much in the Nab Cup? Is there a reason or is he just in good form?

Because Boris is a fantastic player. One of the first defenders I selected.

gents how is ottens looking fitness wise heading into the new season? looks good value in SC at 370K odd

Uber good value for both SC and DT.

Otto is going well, he had the hand injury from the boat accident but it didn't stop him doing running and stuff so his fitness base is pretty good. Has looked ok in pre season and will get better, and always steps up in big matches.

The only issue is he's probably liable to do an Otto freak injury at some stage, so if you put him in, you need a third ruckman (or a Jesse White) on your bench who you're happy with playing if need be.

But at the price, I couldn't ignore him.

ive read through previous posts about who is going to fill tom harleys spot. obviously josh hunt is back but hes not big enough to fill harleys spot. so well my original thought was that hunt will take kellys spot (kelly moved to midfield) and mackie would take harleys spot but ive been reading ppl say things a bit different to this. last eyar mackie played further up the ground and was a bit all over the place with his role and his dt scores dropped. if he gets mvoed back to the backlien i would guess he would be used a lot running out of defense and his dt average will rise. do u guys think this is what will happen?

Uber good value for both SC and DT.

Otto is going well, he had the hand injury from the boat accident but it didn't stop him doing running and stuff so his fitness base is pretty good. Has looked ok in pre season and will get better, and always steps up in big matches.

The only issue is he's probably liable to do an Otto freak injury at some stage, so if you put him in, you need a third ruckman (or a Jesse White) on your bench who you're happy with playing if need be.

But at the price, I couldn't ignore him.

thanks for that. exactly the lines i was thinking along. the likes of kreuzer and tippett are around 50K more expensive in SC which i find difficult to believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back