2010 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not just that we play at the G, it's who we play: Geelong and Collingwood - the AFL is FINALLY realising we can help pull in a big crowd. 2 games at AAMI, which is nice for me. Interesting that we're playing our game against Sydney at ANZ. First 11 games, 3 interstate, the rest at the Docklands, which is nice. If we're not around at least 8-3 by that time I'd be disappointed.

Adelaide get Fremantle, Melbourne and Richmond all twice. AFL must want them to go out in straight sets or something.

Hi guys and girls.

I've updated my fixture builder with the 2010 dates.

It builds CSV, iCal and PDF fixtures to import into Outlook/Thunderbird/Google Calendar/etc. Obviously the PDF is for printing!

You can customise your calendars, set reminders, categories, etc.

I have also built iCal (ics) calendars you can subscribe to, which will be updated with scores etc. once the season has started.

To create a customised calendar, go to: http://www.thismonkey.com/cgi-bin/football-fixture.pl?start=2010&end=2010&type=ha&code=afl

and to subscribe to 2010 calendars, go to: http://offsite.thismonkey.com/fixtures/afl/calendars/aus/2010/index.html

Please leave feedback if you like it, hate it, or think it needs improvement.

(You can find other football codes at http://www.thismonkey.com)

Thanks,
Go Pies,
Scott

Hmm bit of a possible toughy with Adelaide in AAMI @ R22, 6 games in Melbourne prior to you'd almost want to back up the Gabba leg with the AAMI leg before resettling back in Melbourne.

2 Subi legs as well, not all that far apart with the Cats game after the Freo leg although correct me if I'm wrong but that might be the split round time yes?

Pretty decent though, am worried about that last Adelaide leg if the finals are tight and we're in the mix, you could hardly see Lyon risking those with injuries on the plane trip there and back.

It's not just that we play at the G, it's who we play: Geelong and Collingwood - the AFL is FINALLY realising we can help pull in a big crowd. 2 games at AAMI, which is nice for me. Interesting that we're playing our game against Sydney at ANZ. First 11 games, 3 interstate, the rest at the Docklands, which is nice. If we're not around at least 8-3 by that time I'd be disappointed.

It's crap...we are not playing at the G enough. We should have played 2 more there. The monday night game is a joke and we have 8 6 days breaks. That is a worry.

By the way, what the hell is Giedion Nobody announcing the draw. Is Andrew D too busy these days making speeches to women's breakfast and book clubs to announce the draw. What a joke.....just wait for the next major announcement to be outsourced to Adrian Midget.....

I think the floating round 22 fixture is a good initiative to allow finals teams to have the best possible run into the finals.

But why on earth the AFL would make a grand finalist and one of the favourites for next year's flag travel in the last round is beyond me. 6 interstate trips and even more 6 day breaks is a worry.

On a positive note, 13 free to air games. Not as many sunday day games which traditionally are attended poorly. Most of our home games at Etihad last season were against low attendance teams, so this years fixture is better for the bottom line.

Football wise, I am happy with the amount of times we play teams, but that is balanced out by the fact we have a bad interstate run again. The round 22 one to Aami is annoying me. If it isn't the Friday night game I will spew.

But as we say...Anyone, anywhere, anytime. Saints footy.

We seem to jump from Friday to Sunday and back a lot.
I think I'll scale back from my family memebership as my kids arent really suited to the late friday and sunday games.

Haha I wonder if the Magpies will make the 8 with their fixture.

Hi dad, when do we leave? :D:p

We've been rolled over and rodgered once again

6 trips, one in Rnd 22?

2 games at the G.

**** Off.

Er how so?

The Saints haven't travelled insterstate for Rnd 22 since 2006, which is the longest break for any Victorian club. So I hardly think it's that bad.

I think our draw is quite reasonable.

Bring it on.

I'm already planning a trip to Sydney for Rnd 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What annoys me more than anything is that whenever the fixture comes out i always look to see who and where we play in rounds 1 & 22 immediately. I can put up with one being interstate but both is an absolute disgrace. When it comes to Round 22 why cant the imbeciles at the AFL schedule the 10 Victorian teams to play one another, Adel v P.A, W.C V Freo and Bris v Syd for round 22. This would mean that only one team (either the Swans or the Lions) will have to travel in the last round, but that could be easily counteracted by playing that game on the Friday night therefore giving the travelling side more recovery for any final they may be in.

Er how so?

The Saints haven't travelled insterstate for Rnd 22 since 2006, which is the longest break for any Victorian club. So I hardly think it's that bad.

I think our draw is quite reasonable.

Bring it on.

I'm already planning a trip to Sydney for Rnd 1.

Me and the old man are probably going over to Adelaide again (third year running) good supporter base over there, and the functions are top quality :thumbsu:

Me and the old man are probably going over to Adelaide again (third year running) good supporter base over there, and the functions are top quality :thumbsu:

Don't get too sauced over there little brother.

Please see below - full Fehring analysis of 2010 fixture.

1 Sydney Swans Win
2 North Melbourne Win
3 Collingwood Win
4 Fremantle Win
5 Port Adelaide Win
6 Western Bulldogs Win
7 Carlton Win
8 Essendon Win
9 West Coast Eagles Win
10 Adelaide Crows Win
11 Richmond Win
12 Fremantle Win
13 Geelong Cats Win
4 Melbourne Win
15 Brisbane Lions Win
16 Collingwood Win
17 Hawthorn Win
18 Essendon Win
19 Port Adelaide Win
20 North Melbourne Win
21 Richmond Win
22 Adelaide Crows Win
23 Whoever Pantsing
24 Bye
25 Whoever Pantsing
26 Whoever Pantsing. Sing song.

The lid is off really early this (next) year...

I like it !

Go Saints !

Why, thankyou... ;)

Please see below - full Fehring analysis of 2010 fixture.

1 Sydney Swans Win
2 North Melbourne Win
3 Collingwood Win
4 Fremantle Win
5 Port Adelaide Win
6 Western Bulldogs Win
7 Carlton Win
8 Essendon Win
9 West Coast Eagles Win
10 Adelaide Crows Win
11 Richmond Win
12 Fremantle Win
13 Geelong Cats Win
4 Melbourne Win
15 Brisbane Lions Win
16 Collingwood Win
17 Hawthorn Win
18 Essendon Win
19 Port Adelaide Win
20 North Melbourne Win
21 Richmond Win
22 Adelaide Crows Win
23 Whoever Pantsing
24 Bye
25 Whoever Pantsing
26 Whoever Pantsing. Sing song.

That'd be right, ****ing AFL making us play round 4 twice.

The lack of MCG games, the 6 interstate trips and the number of 6 day breaks are the major negatives but all in all it's a pretty decent fixture really.

We've done quite well with the teams we play twice and the club have clearly been rewarded in a financial sense with so many friday night games.

Looking at the interstate games, I think round 1 might be the go.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Back