2010 Membership tally

Remove this Banner Ad

With last years tally, surely the "Fev-lover" protestors are coming around and will get back on board and we can push up near 45k. :thumbsu:

I have a mate who has not been able to cope with the loss of Fev.
I had tried in vain to turn him around but no, he was still pining over the loss suggesting things will never be the same.
That was until he went to "The Dome" on Monday night.
No mention of Fev, but the rather the glory of our new formed forward line.

I can only hope he was one of many that had finally turned the corner

I had tried in vain to turn him around but no, he was still pining over the loss suggesting things will never be the same.

fair enough he loves fev, but let me ask you this if loves fev so much, n ppl not signing up. then why did they all go for the carlton football club in the first place. i didnt go for the blues coz of who played for them. i follow and chose carlton bcoz i love the carlton footy club and only the carlton footy club

I have no doubt that our shortfall in members this year is due to the "Fev Factor" - from 2002 to 2007 when we hardly won a game - kids would be satisfied going home if Fev had kicked his 6 or 7.

Apparently we have had 11,000 who have not renewed this season.

The club also didnt really hit the right note with its "campaign" - a few more wins between now and the membership cut off time will certainly help.

And the buzz that the Yarran, Betts and Garlett can create around the forward line over the course of the season will hopefully turn some of the "Fev Members" back into Carlton Members for season 2011.

It was a good game to have on Monday. I'm sure many tuned in and will have caught the bug.

It was a good game to have on Monday. I'm sure many tuned in and will have caught the bug.

I thought the way we beat Geelong was impressive, but I haven't felt as proud of the club like I did leaving the ground on Monday night. If that win can't get more of the 2009 members signing up, and the nice half page ad in todays paper, then I don't know what will.

As a paid up member I don't want any more people signing up for membership.

Gives me more of a chance at getting a ticket to this years GF to watch the Blues win.
:D:D:D

I buy a 5 game membership each year, although I don't get down to Melbourne to attend games. As you say, buying a membership is not about whether you will be attending games or not, but about support for our club (of course there are some people who are not in a financial position to purchase a membership, but perhaps they could give up a packet of cigarettes a week, or a take away lunch/coffee etc & at least purchase a 3 game membership).
That's goes for me as well. :)

After playing fast exciting footy
After kicking off the year with a big win
After beating BOTH last years grand finalists in the space of 3 weeks

and after proving our forward line would survive without Fev....

People still haven't renewed? :confused:.............:thumbsdown:

Piss poor. The club is bigger then any individual that EVER walks through the door. back the club and its decisions.......they have the FACTS.

Think we will get past 40k, but if the rumor is true.........and some 10k haven't resigned from last year because of the Fev trade. Then your NOT real supporters of the carlton football club.

PS. i've got a mate who has bagged the shit outta the club since the Fev deal, swore black and blue that the club could get stuffed, he hates them and wishes them the worst for 2010.......well guess who messaged me monday night stoked with the win....:(:rolleyes:

Shamed into confessing I've not renewed yet. There's a bun in the oven, invoices are slow and I've only just managed to renew platinum membership to this board. :eek: Got some big jobs coming up so hopefully at least one membership renewal soon. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shamed into confessing I've not renewed yet. There's a bun in the oven, invoices are slow and I've only just managed to renew platinum membership to this board. :eek: Got some big jobs coming up so hopefully at least one membership renewal soon. :thumbsu:

Nothing like a bun in the oven to screw up ones finances...

Asides from that... Congrats mate :)

I live in Tassie, semi-poor Uni student and working part-time to make ends meet. I sure would love to fly over every weekend to watch my boys play but I can't. I buy the long distance 5 membership, still gives you access to matches and it's $117 a year, or $11.70 a month to make budgeting easier. Even less for the 3 game $80 option.
It's not about match attendance, it's about helping out the club you love.

Good post, after reading this I brought a Membership this morning, it's only a 5 game long distance and I can't see myself getting to any games as I live in Brisbane but as you said, it is more about helping the club.

Glad I got a membership, certianly makes you feel part of the club, changes you from a 'barraker' to a 'supporter'.

Made all the sweeter by going to the Gabba and watching a very disinterested Fev do nothing followed up by a gutsy win in SA.

Can anyone tell me if the Carlton shop at VISY Park stocks jumpers with all numbers? I had a look online but you could only purchse a #3 or #5. I want a #13.

Good post, after reading this I brought a Membership this morning, it's only a 5 game long distance and I can't see myself getting to any games as I live in Brisbane but as you said, it is more about helping the club.

Glad I got a membership, certianly makes you feel part of the club, changes you from a 'barraker' to a 'supporter'.

Made all the sweeter by going to the Gabba and watching a very disinterested Fev do nothing followed up by a gutsy win in SA.

Can anyone tell me if the Carlton shop at VISY Park stocks jumpers with all numbers? I had a look online but you could only purchse a #3 or #5. I want a #13.

Pretty sure the 13 number is contracted out to Melbourne Silk Embossing. :thumbsu:

[/b]Pretty sure the 13 number is contracted out to Melbourne Silk Embossing. :thumbsu:
Oh Thy, keep your feather away from my fancy

Been a long distant member since 2006: living in Sydney
As stated above its about support.
I am really proud of those of us that have supported the club like this through the dark days.
But anyone that wants to jump on from here, go ahead; its gonna be a great ride

I still can't undestand why we haven't passed out total member count of last season?
IM a social club member making a 2 hour+ trip in every week and i have been a member since the age of 2! over the coarse fo a year 80 bucks isn't that much!

I have a feeling we are close but the club doesn't want to give it away... if we beat the record and they record it... people who are undecided might not sign up thinking the club is doing well without them joining... maybe if they don't give it away... then people will sign thinking "shit they need me"... I know long shot... but really disappointed with the numbers so far... we are a club the stood stongest during our dark days... now that we're flying we're struggling???

I still can't undestand why we haven't passed out total member count of last season?
IM a social club member making a 2 hour+ trip in every week and i have been a member since the age of 2! over the coarse fo a year 80 bucks isn't that much!

After purchasing this morning I wondered to myself why I hadn't earlier, there are so many options I hadn't even known about until I checked out the CFC Membership site.

To think you can be a member for a little as $117, very cheap.

I don't want to sound flippant about the cost as many others have different financial circumstances but to me it is one night off the p*ss and it is paid for.

Awesome! It sure does make you feel more connected to the club, even though you're miles away. I went over for the Saints game, pure joy was the experience, capped off by seeing a few of the boys out at Princes Park on the Wednesday morning and getting Judd to sign my guernsey. I was in heaven, I really had to stop myself from being a giggly school girl and compose myself, the man is a God. He was really friendly, told him about my slight obsession for Shaun Hampson and asked him about his injury, he had a huge graze on his forehead from the game to which he reffered to it as his 3rd eyebrow. And he touched my hand. I still haven't washed it :heart:

Kidding

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Membership tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back