Golf 2010 PGA Tour Season

Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
May as well have a thread for the season. Ogilvy defended his SBS championship and got his season off to the perfect start. The Australian golfers seem to love the opening tournament of the year. 5 out of the past 7 have been won by Appelby or Ogilvy.
With Ogilvy and Allenby in very good form, Scott and Appleby looking to bounce back from poor years in the US and Sim and Goggin probably coming off their best years, we should be looking at a healthy year for the locals.

Also, Ryan Moore is one to look out for this year. Has had a fairly inconsistent career so far but he finished off last year well and should start winning some tournaments in the near future.

May as well have a thread for the season. Ogilvy defended his SBS championship and got his season off to the perfect start. The Australian golfers seem to love the opening tournament of the year. 5 out of the past 7 have been won by Appelby or Ogilvy.
With Ogilvy and Allenby in very good form, Scott and Appleby looking to bounce back from poor years in the US and Sim and Goggin probably coming off their best years, we should be looking at a healthy year for the locals.

Also, Ryan Moore is one to look out for this year. Has had a fairly inconsistent career so far but he finished off last year well and should start winning some tournaments in the near future.

allenby is going to spend more time on the european tour this year apparently

I just hope he can hold onto some decent form going into the Masters. If there is any Aussie that has the game to win there I think it is him.

First "full field" tournament is next week, with the likes of Els, Goosen, Garcia and Ogilvy expected to be competing (not confirmed), along with the usual "smattering" of struggling Americans.

This year Australia has over 20 players who are eligible to compete in at least some of the US PGA tour events, so it will be interesting to follow their form.

Mark Leishman and Michael Sim both had great first years on the tour, and one of them might break out into the top 25 players in the world.

You never know, 2010 could be the year the Australian Augusta hoodoo is broken.:)

Love the golf, and backed Ogilvy in the first week, so was twice as happy as most that he won.:D

Good thread :thumbsu:

Another Aussie I am looking forward to seeing what he does this year is Jason Day. Didn't play after September last year when the FedEx Cup finished after getting married, but was an impressive 35th in the standings and just missed the playoff at the Colonial

We all know he has a world of talent, hope he can put it all together.

mattys - Garcia and Ogilvy won't be playing until Abu Dhabi - Sony Open Field here

mattys - Garcia and Ogilvy won't be playing until Abu Dhabi - Sony Open Field here

Thanks, still a strong field.

Yang, Els, Goosen, Singh, Daly, Beem and Glover are the major winners in the field (prob 1 or 2 more).

My early tip would be Yang or Goosen, both finished very well today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ended up backing Johnson, Sabbatini and Toms, Johnson is one of the lead, despite a 6 on a par 3, Sabbatini is 5 back, while Toms made the cut but is next to no chance.

My tip from here would be Allenby, especially if it ends up in a playoff, because to my reckoning he has only ever lost once in a playoff at the end of a normal tourney. (Record is something like 8/9)

Ended up backing Johnson, Sabbatini and Toms, Johnson is one of the lead, despite a 6 on a par 3, Sabbatini is 5 back, while Toms made the cut but is next to no chance.

My tip from here would be Allenby, especially if it ends up in a playoff, because to my reckoning he has only ever lost once in a playoff at the end of a normal tourney. (Record is something like 8/9)
its around 12 out of 13 from memory (lost to tiger i think!)

Palmer just edges out Allenby for the win. He's lucky that his chip on the 18th hit the pin, otherwise it would have gone towards the back of the green.
As damo said, Goosen flew home and I'd put some money on him for his next start.

Palmer just edges out Allenby for the win. He's lucky that his chip on the 18th hit the pin, otherwise it would have gone towards the back of the green.
As damo said, Goosen flew home and I'd put some money on him for his next start.

Allenby incredibly stiff. Palmer got the better lie in the rough and dodged a bullet when his chip hit the stick.

Stick with Allenby, had he won today, he would have had 3 successive wins on 3 different continents in 3 successive starts.

i was going too have a dabble on him in this tournement. he has been good for me in the past

Heard he lost by a shot when I was at the Tennis, was shattered for him.

Just watched the last few holes, both Palmer and Allenby missed very gettable birdie putts on the last few holes, and then Allenby got "screwed" by 2 bad lies on the 18th, with even his drop at the back of the green going deep into the rough.

He did hurt his ankle this week, so I wonder whether Ronb may take a week or two off to recover, I hope not, he is in the best form he has been in for 9 years.

Palmer very lucky on the final hole... ball was travelling and by rights should not have stayed on the green. Robert still had a very makeable putt though to force a playoff, but was tentative and low.

Still a good start to the year though, and with a putting stroke that works for the first time in many years he would be really looking forward to the next 3-6 months.

Bob Hope Classic this week, the 5 round tourny. Probably the most boring event on the tour given you need around -30 to win the thing.

My money this week is going on Chad Campbell to win and John Merrick to finish top 10, hopefully they do a little bit better than Luke Donlad did at the Sony.

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf 2010 PGA Tour Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back