Golf 2010 PGA Tour Season

Remove this Banner Ad

We've missed the start but anyone interested in doing a little "one and done" sort of fantasy league for the rest of the year? Pick a different golfer every week and use their prizemoney won as the scoring?

Might put up some prizes at the end of it depending on interest.

I'd be interested as well, we do a small tipping comp on another sports forum, its pretty much the only thing that keeps the golf forum alive over there.

Leishman with another big final round today, tied for 15th he ended up i think.

Leishman (and Sim to a lesser extent) have had a habit of getting more money out of a weekend by playing their best round on Sunday.

Seems like Stricker will be hard to beat here, although Donald, J.B and Romero won't let it slip without a fight.

Stricker has been amazing really the past 18 months, up to no.3. in the world for a player who 3 years ago couldn't keep his tour card.

Oh yeah, and I backed Stricker pre tourney at 15's and Donald at 67's, quite happy at the moment.:thumbsu:

I'd be interested as well, we do a small tipping comp on another sports forum, its pretty much the only thing that keeps the golf forum alive over there.

Leishman with another big final round today, tied for 15th he ended up i think.

Great call. :thumbsu:

We've missed the start but anyone interested in doing a little "one and done" sort of fantasy league for the rest of the year? Pick a different golfer every week and use their prizemoney won as the scoring?

Might put up some prizes at the end of it depending on interest.

Interested.

Good final round, Donald could have been very close at the end if he had of held some puts late.

Stricker deserved to win though, amazing career turnaround to reach world no.2 (effectively best player on tour until Tiger returns).

By the way, Tiger's caddy said today that Tiger will not play the matchplay in 2 weeks, so who knows when he will return, the Players at TPC maybe.

Next week onto the Pebble Beach pro-am, and also the site of this year's US open.

Some classic holes at Pebble Beach, no more famous then the 18th.

Will be interesting to see whether players like Mickelson, Weir, Els, Scott etc can get their season going next week, because they have struggled so far.

he isn't going to miss the masters. i still think he will come back at bayhill

he isn't going to miss the masters. i still think he will come back at bayhill
Yeah had that wrong, for some reason I thought the players was before the Masters.
Looking at the schedule, there are plenty of big tournaments between now and the masters, 2 WGC events, the Honda Classic, Bay Hill and even the Pheonix open.

If I had to guess one, I'd say The Honda, Bay Hill seems a little close to the Masters for me.(2 weeks before).

Not an open event though as he has only invited small circle of friends, colleagues and press.

Cowardice prevails again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phoenix wouldn't be the greatest place for Tiger to return, imagine the crowd on the stadium hole (16th I think), they can get pretty noisy, especially when the College kids turn up and turn the atmosphere into something more likened to an NFL game then a golf tournament.

My money's on BayHill or at earliest the Honda.

Haha, that would be awesome if he played next week. The crowd would be nuts. There will always be jokes about his love life but as soon as he starts sinking putts and firing up the crowd again, it will be like nothing happened.

Massive meltdown by Nafe this morning... crashed big time on the back nine and dropped from top 3 to well outside the top 10.

Villegas romped to easy win... television coverage doing their best to pump him up in the absence of Tiger. Thought the guy hosting with Johnny Miller was going to run down and blow him on the final green.

Interesting article i read today - talks of a Tiger comeback at Augusta and reports he has hired the former White House press secretary to deal with his press relations.
More information to come out on Monday next week.

Tiger Woods hires George Bush aide and prepares for comeback

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/mar/12/tiger-woods-pga-golf

Tiger Woods to return at Masters

"The Masters is where I won my first major and I view this tournament with great respect. After a long and necessary time away from the game, I feel like I'm ready to start my season at Augusta.

Gets a controlled environment at Augusta, so not unsurprising.

Yeah, good news. Compltely understand he would make his return at Augusta
He can only avoid his day of reckoning for so long. Eventually he will have to sit in on media conferences and face the hard questions and face galleries heckling him.

Nice of him to take the attention away from the tournament himself and turn it into his own circus but hey I guess he was happy to do that with the Accenture Matchplay with his press conference.

He can only avoid his day of reckoning for so long. Eventually he will have to sit in on media conferences and face the hard questions and face galleries heckling him.

Nice of him to take the attention away from the tournament himself and turn it into his own circus but hey I guess he was happy to do that with the Accenture Matchplay with his press conference.

That's the thing about Augusta, it's the most controlled environment you're going to get, not going to let any entertainment press, the fans are all golf fanatics and are not so much interested in their public life. He will face questions about it, no doubt about it but it won't be a circus like it would be just on a regular tour event. plus, more people will be watching the Masters, I think it's a great move.

I do agree about his press conference and the Matchplay but whenever he was going to do that it'll effect some tournament.

The latest article from the British pr0n actress he was banging will make his post Masters tournaments all the more difficult too.

She's kept all his text messages where he tells her how rough his is going to **** her, including hitting and choking her. She hinted there are plenty more too... so unless Tiger has her whacked his problems aren't done yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf 2010 PGA Tour Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back