2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone help fill the gaps on who is coaching and the losses and gains for each club...

Tallangatta
Coach - Brad Clough
Departures - Hansford, McGuire
Gains -

Beechworth
Coach - Pritchard
Departures -
Gains - ?

Kiewa
Coach - Richardson
Departures - J Bartel, L Cameron
Gains - ?

Yack
Coach - Lillis
Departures - Fulton
Gains - Lewington

Thurgoona
Coach - Hargreaves
Departures - Easdown
Gains - McGlynn

Mitta
Coach - Conway
Departures - ?
Gains - ?

Barny
Coach - Demarte
Departures - ?
Gains - ?

Rutherglen
Coach - Sarau
Departures - ?
Gains - Seymour

Wahgunyah
Coach - Robertson
Departures - Symons
Gains - Andrew Robertson,Trent Ball,Eddie Turnball,Travis Hayes,Jayme Hicks,a bloke by the nickname of Ninga plays Fullback,Jarred Lane

Dederang
Coach - Twycross
Departures - Cusworth, Dicketts, McMartin
Gains - B Packer, Dalkin, Hill

Saints
Coach - McKenzie
Departures - ?
Gains - ?

Chiltern
Coach - O'Neil
Departures - ?
Gains - Lamb, Way, Symons, Andrews.

Sorry,couldn't add much. All a bit quiet.

will hear of plenty more signings at Wahgunyah over the Holidays.Merry Christmas

Can anyone help fill the gaps on who is coaching and the losses and gains for each club...

Tallangatta
Coach - Brad Clough
Departures - Hansford, McGuire
Gains -

Beechworth
Coach -
Departures - ?
Gains - tim sheurman
Kiewa
Coach - Richardson
Departures - J Bartel, L Cameron
Gains - ?

Yack
Coach - Lillis
Departures - ?
Gains - Lewington

Thurgoona
Coach - Hargreaves
Departures - ?
Gains - ?

Mitta
Coach - Conway
Departures - ?
Gains - ?

Barny
Coach - Demarte
Departures - ?
Gains - ?

Rutherglen
Coach - ?
Departures - ?
Gains - Seymour

Wahgunyah
Coach - Robertson
Departures - Symons
Gains - ?

Dederang
Coach - Twycross
Departures - Cusworth, Dicketts, McMartin
Gains - B Packer, Dalkin, Hill

Saints
Coach - ?
Departures - ?
Gains - ?

Chiltern
Coach - O'Neil
Departures - ?
Gains - Lamb, Way, Symons, Andrews.

will he stay the full yr or do wat he does best... time will tell

just wondering how chiltern goes and what the standard of this league is, compare is to some others? cheers

Chiltern has struggled recently after losing the 2006 GF. Last couple of years have been near the bottom of the ladder.
However, looks like they have recruited some solid players and had some locals returning for 2010 and with a new coach they should go alright.

Standard is pretty good for bush footy, obviously nowhere near O&M standard, but for a pure country league there are some handy footballers running round.

Hope this helped you out, no doubt others will also share their opinion too, good and bad!:rolleyes:

Chilterns only poor year was 2009. They have picked up some handy players and seam to have some real depth this year. I would say top four finish on what i have heard.

have thurgoona 100% signed mcglynn anyone know if he has brought anyone else with him from walla???

McGlynn definitely at Thurgoona 2010. Also have signed Kyall Ryan from Walla and still in the race for Whiterod. Have some handy guys training with them at the moment but Id say still one or two good players short of pushing the top couple of sides. Having said that Id expect them to play finals. Add Farrell, Moscher, Madden, McKenzie to Tucker and Easdown as losses for 2010.

Would of thought Chiltern would not even be close to finals with the top 5 of last season to be of similar standard and the next few (Wahgunyah, Rutherglen, Barny and maybe Mitta) to improve and Chiltern coming from a long long way back.

Chiltern has struggled recently after losing the 2006 GF. Last couple of years have been near the bottom of the ladder.
However, looks like they have recruited some solid players and had some locals returning for 2010 and with a new coach they should go alright.

Standard is pretty good for bush footy, obviously nowhere near O&M standard, but for a pure country league there are some handy footballers running round.

Hope this helped you out, no doubt others will also share their opinion too, good and bad!:rolleyes:

thanks heaps, you reckon it's about the standard of the picola or hume league?

thanks heaps, you reckon it's about the standard of the picola or hume league?

Cant comment on the picola league but TDFL did play the Hume League last season in an interleague game and the TDFL won by 6 points. Very similar in standard with TDFL not as free-flowing and a little more physical due to the smaller grounds compared with the Hume league.

Cant comment on the picola league but TDFL did play the Hume League last season in an interleague game and the TDFL won by 6 points. Very similar in standard with TDFL not as free-flowing and a little more physical due to the smaller grounds compared with the Hume league.

Spot on benchwarmer1, thats what I've been told as well.

McGlynn definitely at Thurgoona 2010. Also have signed Kyall Ryan from Walla and still in the race for Whiterod. Have some handy guys training with them at the moment but Id say still one or two good players short of pushing the top couple of sides. Having said that Id expect them to play finals. Add Farrell, Moscher, Madden, McKenzie to Tucker and Easdown as losses for 2010.

Would of thought Chiltern would not even be close to finals with the top 5 of last season to be of similar standard and the next few (Wahgunyah, Rutherglen, Barny and maybe Mitta) to improve and Chiltern coming from a long long way back.

How will McKenzie go at BB Saints and in the Hume League. Tucker will be more than handy for us despite what i read earlier on here, interested to hear Albert Parks comments on Mckenzie and the others

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How will McKenzie go at BB Saints and in the Hume League. Tucker will be more than handy for us despite what i read earlier on here, interested to hear Albert Parks comments on Mckenzie and the others

Can't really help you pp, only saw the Dogs a couple of times last year, once in a final when they were great for a half and then ordinary for the other.

Some fair losses there. Whats Moscher doing?? Farrell and Madden would be big losses even though Thurgoona didn't have them for a fair chunk of last season.
McKenzie will add some depth to the Saints PP not a star and not overly quick but is a battler and will push some of the lesser likes out of the senior side.

Some fair losses there. Whats Moscher doing?? Farrell and Madden would be big losses even though Thurgoona didn't have them for a fair chunk of last season.
McKenzie will add some depth to the Saints PP not a star and not overly quick but is a battler and will push some of the lesser likes out of the senior side.

I think Moscher has retired to stick to Triathlon's. He didn't enjoy last season with the ageing body not pulling up as well as it use to week to week :)

I heard Josh Hillary was heading back to Yack. Can anyone confirm that? Popular bloke, might have a mate or 2 go with him from Albury 2nd's. He'd be a very good aquisition if fit I reckon.

I heard Josh Hillary was heading back to Yack. Can anyone confirm that? Popular bloke, might have a mate or 2 go with him from Albury 2nd's. He'd be a very good aquisition if fit I reckon.

JOSH HILLARY IS A CONFIRMED ADDITION TO THE ROOS, he will be very very handy for them, i dont think he is taking anyone from albury with him although i could be wrong, havent albury 2nds been raided already.
From whats been posted on here it seems this league has quiet a few handy players running around, should make for an exciting year.:thumbsu:

If Thurgoona Sign Whiterod you would have to put them right up there he is a superstar and would dominate in the ruck in tdfl

going by this thread i dont think you can go past yack or thurgoona but i am sure there will be a few other clubs up there. Wodonga saints will be wooden spooners without a doubt.
every one seems to have forgotten about Beechworth. you never hear much about them(can any one shed some light on what happening on the hill?) they play eight 3rds from the year before and came runners up. good year under there belts would be the same as recruiting 1 or 2. Picked up Tim scheuermann 6foot 8inch ruck. not sure who else they have gained or who they have lost but should be a handy outfit again in 2010

every one seems to have forgotten about Beechworth. you never hear much about them(can any one shed some light on what happening on the hill?) they play eight 3rds from the year before and came runners up. good year under there belts would be the same as recruiting 1 or 2. Picked up Tim scheuermann 6foot 8inch ruck. not sure who else they have gained or who they have lost but should be a handy outfit again in 2010

Been pretty quiet up here Playmate, We have lost both Dales & apart from Timmy S, we are still talking to some potential recruits for this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back