2010 Sydney Swans Drafting Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: sebastian tape?

As I said, he is a better defender. They might have a much more developed offensive game, and are taller, but he is the best lockdown defender in the draft, and I say that with full confidence.
That may be true but I would say that part of a defenders job description would be able to set up attacks from the backline. Still would love to get Tape, and we turned Leo into a AA Defender so who knows what we can do with Tape.

Actually I think it will be much the opposite to what you have said. I expect Smedts to go to GC at 10,11 or 13, Lamb to go to the Hawks at 19 and Harper in the mid teens.

Conca and Tape will fall through to our pick and I'd say there range is 15 - 40 so we can defiently pick them up. Conca will go at 20 to Fremantle and Tape I'm not very sure in where but we are definetly in the hunt for him.

I hope you're right!:thumbsu:

conca has been invited to gold coast as they do for all the top 20 draft picks so very unlikely that he will be heading our way, and tape is clearly seen as being picked up in the 15 - 25 range. So theres a fair chance we will miss out on both. But whoever we get for pick 21 should be a very good player. When you consider that Kevin Sheehan sees Brad harvey who starred at the combine and had a pretty good season as most likely to be picked up around the bottom 25 of draft picks it just shows how strong this draft is.

Draft Wish List

Move this into the draft discussion if you feel the need, just wanted to know who everyone is hoping we will pick up at 21. (Realistically)

Jed Lamb of me, think we need some X factor in the forward line, hopefully can become what Vez couldn't.

Re: Draft Wish List

Move this into the draft discussion if you feel the need, just wanted to know who everyone is hoping we will pick up at 21. (Realistically)

Jed Lamb of me, think we need some X factor in the forward line, hopefully can become what Vez couldn't.

I can't see us taking a small forward with our first pick.

It will be either the best available midfielder or a KP defender that falls to 21 that we didn't think would get through to that pick.

Good small fowards can be found later in the draft or outside the box like TDL, Jurrah etc.

DST

Heard something interesting today whilst walking into work.

Passed a cafe and overheard someone saying "seeming Darling will be going to Sydney we can cross that one off our list"

Taking what I heard with a grain of salt but it would certainly be interesting if we drafted him.

I still can't see him sliding that far (Has too much "potential" another club will take the risk before us) (Now it also appears that Tape will be going to Gold Coast, Watson Carlton and Conca Richmond or Fremantle).

I personally think Cook is our most likely pick now but will have to wait and see what happens I guess.

Heard something interesting today whilst walking into work.

Passed a cafe and overheard someone saying "seeming Darling will be going to Sydney we can cross that one off our list"

Taking what I heard with a grain of salt but it would certainly be interesting if we drafted him.

I still can't see him sliding that far (Has too much "potential" another club will take the risk before us) (Now it also appears that Tape will be going to Gold Coast, Watson Carlton and Conca Richmond or Fremantle).

I personally think Cook is our most likely pick now but will have to wait and see what happens I guess.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/jacks-not-every-clubs-darling-20101116-17vwe.html

Sounds like he comes with a whole grab bag of off-field issues

He was suspended from his private school this time last year after being caught with alcohol and a girl in his tent during a school camp

Nothing wrong with that :p

But seriously He would certainly be a risk at that pick but the potential rewards could be amazing

I doubt he will come our way, but if he did we would just need mummy to take him under his wing and he would be sweet. It would also help if was drafted to sydney as he would be out of the spotlight, but unlikely he will slide to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Utter rubbish

Why would we get another HBF at 21, especially when a guy many tip to be an amazing KPD (McCarthy) lasts until 23? Not to mention pick up a whole bunch of guys that aren't tall enough to be KPP?

Jacobs can play mid as well and is an elite kick, doubt he'll be still there at pick 21

I don't think there is any point trying to get too excited about any player in the draft as we don't know what will happen until Thursday night. With picks 21 and 40 it could be anyone who is left by then.

That kinda commonsense attitude doesn't belong here, young feller.

"He was suspended from his private school this time last year after being caught with alcohol and a girl in his tent during a school camp"

Nothing wrong with that ....

Completely agree. How I longed for either at my own school camps.

Now if he was caught with an empty bottle of Rohypnol and a flock of sheep, well, that'd end his AFL future (though the NRL might take him)

I would love for us to go after Callum Sinclair from Port Melbourne, think of a smaller version of Jesse White, but faster, better hands & a better kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Sydney Swans Drafting Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back