2010 Sydney Swans Drafting Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Given that in union Eugene plays 5/8 - which is the main kicker in that code you would expect his balance while kicking would be decent unlike other converts who play in positions where kicking skills are not needed.
That said he will still need work with his technique but clearly he has a huge upside.
Heres Longmire sounding very positive about picking up
Eugene

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/multimedia/tabid/8664/contentid/318528/default.aspx

just going by the photo, Im guessing he still has a very awkward kicking style if he's a lefty, his hands are set for a left foot kick(right hand still too high) but his ball drop is over his right foot, very common for a relative newbie, however saying that he could be about to kick on his opposite(right foot), holding it like a lefty....I could be wrong though photos can be misleading.

That's exactly what I thought, Bez, looking at that photo. Looks very awkward ... hopefully just the way the picture was taken.

Those two talls seem like nice picks.

Does anyone have any info on why we didn't end up going with Moss? I assume that the coaching staff didn't like what they saw during the period that he trained with us but I haven't heard anything specific in that regard.

Does anyone have any info on why we didn't end up going with Moss? I assume that the coaching staff didn't like what they saw during the period that he trained with us but I haven't heard anything specific in that regard.

Just gonna ask that very question. Mysterious. Maybe we just didn't need a bloke smaller than McGlynn.

I asked someone who knows a bit about these things: his answer was quite simple ... "Moss is a spud".

Not really sure why we had Moss training with us anyway. Would have been a good AFL level footballer 20 years ago but not so much in the modern game.

Just couldn't see who he would replace in the best 22, would have been depth at best

So now the dogs have Big Baz, Vez and the mighty Cheese."The fish the Swans rejected". With an ex-Swans coach and CEO (you still stink Garlick) they almost have a (bizarro) Swans team.

Roll on round 18. It's gonna be weird if all 3 line up against us at the SCG, especially if Cheese goes in hard, Vez makes an effort and Baz doesn't hit anyone.

So now the dogs have Big Baz, Vez and the mighty Cheese."The fish the Swans rejected". With an ex-Swans coach and CEO (you still stink Garlick) they almost have a (bizarro) Swans team.

Roll on round 18. It's gonna be weird if all 3 line up against us at the SCG, especially if Cheese goes in hard, Vez makes an effort and Baz doesn't hit anyone.

damn, imagine cheese finally steps his game up for the dogs...that'd be a terrible sight... but good on him i guess if he does manage to carve out a career

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone else checked out the highlights package of Luke Parker on the Swans website. It's a very impressive array of strong marks, accurate kicking and pacy running, just checking out his build from that video, he could definitely make an impact next year if the cards fall his way.

Has anyone else checked out the highlights package of Luke Parker on the Swans website. It's a very impressive array of strong marks, accurate kicking and pacy running, just checking out his build from that video, he could definitely make an impact next year if the cards fall his way.

I could put between 16-36 seconds on repeat and watch that all day. Great awareness for that goal. A strong pack mark. Then another good strong mark with some dash. He shows some good poise.

Steal at pick 40!

I thought that on viewing his video Grime, rare commodity that, such strong overhead marking in a midfielder. looks very good at reading the flight of the ball and working his way into postion. Potential bulldozer on a forward flank, whilst waiting for his midfield metamorphosis. Could well play a more physical version of TDL's end of season forward role.

So we got a replacement Veszpremi, yet another small mid, a second Johnson to break down as easily as the first, and a replacement Barlow.

Hm.

Someone tell this moron he knows nothing about footy players.

I can just tell from the OP alone, that the OP is a devlishly good looking person.

Great draft for us though it seems.:thumbsu:

If Lamb can step up next year, it would be a great result.

I thought that on viewing his video Grime, rare commodity that, such strong overhead marking in a midfielder. looks very good at reading the flight of the ball and working his way into postion. Potential bulldozer on a forward flank, whilst waiting for his midfield metamorphosis. Could well play a more physical version of TDL's end of season forward role.

Spot on, Mr FU.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Sydney Swans Drafting Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back