2010 Sydney Swans Drafting Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting story behind Kruger.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/105967/default.aspx

Born in South Africa and played rugby all his childhood accordingly. Only started playing footy as a 15yo and only recently set his sights on playing to at the top level. Played in the 1st XV at Barker for rugby, no mean feat as Barker is a very strong rugby school.

His endurance and rangy body looked pretty swift in the video posted int his article.

Not even close.
Adelaide - 39 seniors, 9 rookies
Brisbane - 39 seniors, 7 rookies
Carlton - 38+9
Collingwood - 40+9
Essendon - 40+7
Fremantle - 39+7
Geelong - 40+8
Gold Coast - 48+5
Hawthorn - 39+10
Melbourne - 39+7
Norf - 40+6
Port Adelaide - 40+7
Richmond - 38+7
St Kilda - 40+8
Sydney - 39+6
West Coast - 40+6
Western Bulldogs - 40+6

You're right, we're only equal smallest with Richmond.

I ripped this off FB, Eugene Kruger another to add to our stocks of blonde left footers

155782_10150100567945039_679670038_7157428_7358922_n.jpg

Fantastic news that we picked up Max Otten as a rookie.Many were surprised he wasn't picked up in the national Draft as he is supposed to be similar to his brother Andy.Things are looking good for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After looking through their highlights, it appears that both Otten and Haren are left footers. And from what I recall from Krueger as a topup, I believe he is a left footer as well. I wonder if Stuey Maxfield had a say in this :)

Otten - Longmire said they considered drafting him in the ND, very highly rated by the recruiting team and so it was a case of best player at that pick rather than a concerted effort to choose a tall. The thing that stood out for me in the highlights was his composure while playing in defence, took his time and made good decisions.
Haren - Looked very mobile and lively in his highlights. Jumps early to protect the ball, reminiscent of Goodes and has good hands. Also a very good set shot.
Krueger - Longmire praised his attitude during his training with the club. Noted that he was fast as well as an endurance runner.

What of Kane Murphy now Brother Grimm, do the aints still have dibs on the lad. Or can we have our son of a gun next year perhaps?

I think you will find we can only take him as a father son selection if St Kilda dont offer him a spot on their senior list.

I ripped this off FB, Eugene Kruger another to add to our stocks of blonde left footers

155782_10150100567945039_679670038_7157428_7358922_n.jpg

just going by the photo, Im guessing he still has a very awkward kicking style if he's a lefty, his hands are set for a left foot kick(right hand still too high) but his ball drop is over his right foot, very common for a relative newbie, however saying that he could be about to kick on his opposite(right foot), holding it like a lefty....I could be wrong though photos can be misleading.

Interesting story behind Kruger.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/105967/default.aspx

Born in South Africa and played rugby all his childhood accordingly. Only started playing footy as a 15yo and only recently set his sights on playing to at the top level. Played in the 1st XV at Barker for rugby, no mean feat as Barker is a very strong rugby school.

His endurance and rangy body looked pretty swift in the video posted int his article.

Well spoken nice sounding kid. Wish him the best

just going by the photo, Im guessing he still has a very awkward kicking style if he's a lefty, his hands are set for a left foot kick(right hand still too high) but his ball drop is over his right foot, very common for a relative newbie, however saying that he could be about to kick on his opposite(right foot), holding it like a lefty....I could be wrong though photos can be misleading.
BEZ, he is left sided. The angle on that photo may be misleading I'll see if I can find some others.

BEZ, he is left sided. The angle on that photo may be misleading I'll see if I can find some others.

yeah I googled him and found another pic of him playing for east coast eagles, he actually looked very well balanced, way more than I expected for someone who didnt grow up with a sherrin in his hands..

edit, geez youre quick with the pics Grim, looks like a nice style especially from a rugby background.

I went to school with Eugene...
Very talented athlete... constantly got his name read out in assembly for some sports award. Usually athletics related.
I'm quite annoyed we didn't pick up Moss however, I thought he'd really thrive with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Sydney Swans Drafting Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back