Opinion 2010 Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

but it sill turned out to be wrong as they were not the best side last year.any neutural supporter would of said that geelong had the better list which was proven in the end. to say the saints are class ahead of geelong was just silly which you are not so it must mean you are pro stkilda and anti geelong
I'm sure you would have said Geelong were better than Hawthorn in 08 as well.

I'm sure you would have said Geelong were better than Hawthorn in 08 as well.

geelong have a better list than hawthorn , st kilda do not have a better list than geelong.

its one thing for a st kilda supporter to the say they are a class above geelong but for a swans supporter to say it, what were you thinking ? perhaps it highlites the fact that the criteria or method that you use to evaluate players and sides is wrong ?

Why does the team I support make it any different?

Apparently the team you support has a direct correlation to how vast your football knowledge can be. The better the team, the more intelligent you can be.

Why does the team I support make it any different?

because i can understand a saints supporter getting excited about them last year and making silly comments, but you dont have the same excuse .We all rate our side and players higher to some extent than they should be , obviously some people do it worse than others, but as i said you are not a saints supporter.

why do you rate stkilda and their players higher than they deserve to be and than do the opposite to geelong ? My guess would be for the following 2 reasonse

1.you hold higher expectations of geelong and its players than you do for the saints , for example if ablett starts getting a few cheap handballs you come down on him like a ton of bricks but when goddard gets cheap kicks int he backline as a loose man its fine.

2.you might not be fully aware of the type of game style that its needed to play great footy today, the long bomb is a thing of the past .Yes it has a place still but short kicks that are quick and hit the target ere the way to go these days

2.you might not be fully aware of the type of game style that its needed to play great footy today, the long bomb is a thing of the past .Yes it has a place still but short kicks that are quick and hit the target ere the way to go these days

I agree, Aussie Gun you seem like you are not fully aware of today's game style. Please watch more footy than you currently are.

:rolleyes:

Apparently the team you support has a direct correlation to how vast your football knowledge can be. The better the team, the more intelligent you can be.

geelong play the best brad of footy and i watch them every week so ofcourse its going to mean i am better able to make judgements atm.as i have said a few times geelong dont licl the ball long as often as most if not close to all other sides in the comp.We simply get it and move it on fast with quick handballs and short kicks.other sides get it kick the ball long to a comtest where they are out numberd and the other side usualy gets a turnover

1.you hold higher expectations of geelong and its players than you do for the saints , for example if ablett starts getting a few cheap handballs you come down on him like a ton of bricks but when goddard gets cheap kicks int he backline as a loose man its fine.
3rd in the comp is a harsh rating for Ablett?

I have seen some arrogant Cats fans before on this site who act like they came straight out of the weights room with Gablett and the boys with their own Premiership medals hanging around their necks before, but you, ablett09, are the worst i have seen.

You go to 20 Cats games a year? You hero.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

geelong play the best brad of footy and i watch them every week so ofcourse its going to mean i am better able to make judgements atm.as i have said a few times geelong dont licl the ball long as often as most if not close to all other sides in the comp.We simply get it and move it on fast with quick handballs and short kicks.other sides get it kick the ball long to a comtest where they are out numberd and the other side usualy gets a turnover

You watch every Geelong game? Wow, you sound like 3/4's of the people who post on this site.

3rd in the comp is a harsh rating for Ablett?

its a good list .7 or 8 cats players is about right

ablett should just be number 1 .What is it that goddard and hodge have over ablett this year ? has ability to win hos own ball, than the speed that he is able to move the ball on with plus his brilliant creativity where he can create something out of nothing make him a clear number 1

ablett just seems to get hammerd for things that others like hodge and goddard dont.By the way you ask a pysychologist or a marketing expert and they will tell you when we evalaute things the expectations we hold will have an influence.

have watched every saint game as i see them as our main threat.perhaps 2/3 of hawthorns game

I would go
ablett
gap
hodge
chapman
goddard

Okay, go make your own thread and your own list. See how difficult it is to do a top 50 every week. This was a fantastic thread until you arrived.

ablett should just be number 1 .What is it that goddard and hodge have over ablett this year ? has ability to win hos own ball, than the speed that he is able to move the ball on with plus his brilliant creativity where he can create something out of nothing make him a clear number 1
You are just describing his style of game. Hodge has carried his side into the top 8 and judging threads on the main board and people talking in the media, Hodge is no.1.
Goddard can be argued but he has stood up and become the star since Riewoldt has been injured. [/quote]

ablett just seems to get hammerd for things that others like hodge and goddard dont.
Hammered? I have him 3rd just behind Goddard.

By the way you ask a pysychologist or a marketing expert and they will tell you when we evalaute things the expectations we hold will have an influence.
No doubt, but 1st to 3rd isn't a massive drop.

Okay, go make your own thread and your own list. See how difficult it is to do a top 50 every week. This was a fantastic thread until you arrived.

mine wouldnt be as good as aussie guns, i would just have number 1 correct .after the top 10 his would be much better .any thread that gets over 300 responses away from the main board is a very good thread writtern by a very good poster who simply judges ablett too harsh

I haven't read all of the last 50 or so posts but I think you could validly make an argument for Hodge, Goddard or Ablett being number 1 so far this season.

I do agree with ablett09 that Ablett can sometimes get judged a little too harshly but i don't think his form over the last 3 or 4 weeks has been as strong as Goddard's or Hodge's.

I haven't read all of the last 50 or so posts but I think you could validly make an argument for Hodge, Goddard or Ablett being number 1 so far this season.

I do agree with ablett09 that Ablett can sometimes get judged a little too harshly but i don't think his form over the last 3 or 4 weeks has been as strong as Goddard's or Hodge's.

this point needs to be highlited

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion 2010 Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back