2010 WRFL Player Movements

Remove this Banner Ad

Small peice in the HS today confirming that Point Cook will have a senior team in the Ammos next year. Either in D4 or Clubbies. Wonder why they chose the VAFA over the WRFL? Seems like a bit of a kick in the teeth to the WRFL.

Hey, i've just moved from Bendigo, and i'll be playing Point Cook next year, so i crave your patience for just a minute. What is Ammos, D4, Clubbies, and the difference between VAFA and WRFL? Reckon you could give me a few words on what to expect from Point Cook in 2010?

Small peice in the HS today confirming that Point Cook will have a senior team in the Ammos next year. Either in D4 or Clubbies. Wonder why they chose the VAFA over the WRFL? Seems like a bit of a kick in the teeth to the WRFL.

Hey, i've just moved from Bendigo, and i'll be playing Point Cook next year, so i crave your patience for just a minute. What is Ammos, D4, Clubbies, and the difference between VAFA and WRFL? Reckon you could give me a few words on what to expect from Point Cook in 2010?

I think that they have decided on D4 now (90% sure). Basically it means VAFA Division 7. The grades are A, B, C, D1, D2, D3, D4. I assume they start numbering at D because nobody would want to play in F or G grade.

People will always argue about standards of comp and there is no doubt that VAFA A Grade is one of the best in the state but D4 is really a very average standard of footy. If you play just for a kick and a laugh its probably ok. If you take your footy seriously I'd look elswhere.

I am sure that others on this forum will be moire savage on D4 standard than I am.

I think that they have decided on D4 now (90% sure). Basically it means VAFA Division 7. The grades are A, B, C, D1, D2, D3, D4. I assume they start numbering at D because nobody would want to play in F or G grade.

People will always argue about standards of comp and there is no doubt that VAFA A Grade is one of the best in the state but D4 is really a very average standard of footy. If you play just for a kick and a laugh its probably ok. If you take your footy seriously I'd look elswhere.

I am sure that others on this forum will be moire savage on D4 standard than I am.

The Ammo's used to go A, B, C, D, E, F, etc but at one stage they decided to make D and below 4 geographic sections for a year or two in order to reduce the travel for clubs but the difference between top and bottom was too great so they went back to graded sections but kept the D1 D2 names. It would make more sense to be D, E, F, G but thats the Ammo's.

The advantage of the Ammo's is that all the sides are reasonably even across all grades due to the promotion and relegation system. Only at the top end of A grade and the bottom end of D4 is it uneven due to those sides being unable to climb or drop any further. The jump from one grade to the next is not as big as it is between the two WRFL Divisions. Most sides that go up are competitive in the higher division whereas in the WRFL promotion from Div 2 means 20 goal losses to Spotswood, Colts etc. and an uncompetitive side only has to wait a year until they fall back to a grade more suited to their ability.

D4 is a pretty ordinary standard of football, however, relegation and promotion of two sides paves the way for good competition evenly spread.

Once you get to D1, footy gets pretty decent. Werribee Ammos play D1 at the moment, and they flogged Altona (middle of the road WRFL divy 1 side) by 100 points in a near full strength practice game last year.

Point cook, being a well run club in a booming growth corridor, I would expect to rise through the divisions, and be a fairly decent club.

So i wouldn't expect to see Point Cook playing average football for long.

You can expect some lengthy drives during the season. Other teams in the comp include Mount Lilydale, Box Hill North, South Mornington and other places a fair hike away from Point Cook.

I can't comment on the standard of D4 football, I hear the top teams are often pretty good, but the rest of them are rather average.

You should have fun though. New club. Should be a good atmosphere nad such.

D4 is a pretty ordinary standard of football, however, relegation and promotion of two sides paves the way for good competition evenly spread.

Once you get to D1, footy gets pretty decent. Werribee Ammos play D1 at the moment, and they flogged Altona (middle of the road WRFL divy 1 side) by 100 points in a near full strength practice game last year.

Point cook, being a well run club in a booming growth corridor, I would expect to rise through the divisions, and be a fairly decent club.

Point Cook will be a good side in the future only if they start looking after the junior side of things. Is success based on numbers, or should it be asked why the majority of thier sides play in B, C and D grade competitions and they have already lost some quality young footballers to other clubs in the region accordingly, who want to play at the top level available. D4 certainly isnt the quality some of the young ones will look for. And what about the $$ there mates will be getting elsewhere.

Can't take too much from practice games though mate.

I couldn't agree more with TableTennis, Point Cook is a top area, and i've spoken to a couple of blokes at the club and they're all extremely confident about some of the youth prospects. Looking forward to the long trips, when you drive a '92 Barina. :(

I couldn't agree more with TableTennis, Point Cook is a top area, and i've spoken to a couple of blokes at the club and they're all extremely confident about some of the youth prospects. Looking forward to the long trips, when you drive a '92 Barina. :(

Can you tell us bud who you played with in bendigo and where your actually living right now?

Anything over an hour get the club to organise a bus and some eskies......

mate you should consider playing with wyndhamvale as they to are on the way up... half as much travel and we have a great social scene for all ages. PM me if you would like details.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GBF50 you played Albert Park earlier this year in a practice match if l remember correctly???

How did your boys go against guys just having a kick for a laugh???

100point floggin in any form of the game is not ideal. Obviously they are a better side than altona.

Makes you wonder about some of the spuds in the WRFL that get paid......

Clearly not ideal but again you can't draw too much from them, from memory we got closer to Knox in a practice game last year than Port Colts did and obviously Colts were a better side than us.

Clearly not ideal but again you can't draw too much from them, from memory we got closer to Knox in a practice game last year than Port Colts did and obviously Colts were a better side than us.

I am living in the Knox area at the moment, and know that knox played 85% Reserves / Colts that day but played a stronger side against Port Colts.

I just think that people underestimate the quality of the amatuers from the WRFL faithful.

Especially Werribee Ammos. They would be in the top half of Divvy one WRFL. Yet people make fun about playing for point cook in division 7 blah blah blah.

I wouldnt be suprised if the Point Cook side, in two years time, would not dismantle most of the divy 2 WRFL side if not all.

I am living in the Knox area at the moment, and know that knox played 85% Reserves / Colts that day but played a stronger side against Port Colts.

I just think that people underestimate the quality of the amatuers from the WRFL faithful.

Especially Werribee Ammos. They would be in the top half of Divvy one WRFL. Yet people make fun about playing for point cook in division 7 blah blah blah.

I wouldnt be suprised if the Point Cook side, in two years time, would not dismantle most of the divy 2 WRFL side if not all.

Yeah Point Cook have to start somewhere and without having the framework to go out and spend even little money it isn't a bad idea to play low level ammos. Can build the club up and develop a winning culture perhaps.

Yeah Point Cook have to start somewhere and without having the framework to go out and spend even little money it isn't a bad idea to play low level ammos. Can build the club up and develop a winning culture perhaps.

Went and watched hoppers absolutely destroy a b grade ammos team earlier this at the whitten oval....

Lets be honest, D4 is an absolute basket case.....If point cook are not in d1 in 4yrs time then they'll never be any good....D1-D4 is very sub standard comp.....

But saying that WRFL has droped off over the past 5yrs....Top 4 sides In WRFL div1 would still beat most teams from ammos D1-D4....

Went and watched hoppers absolutely destroy a b grade ammos team earlier this at the whitten oval....

Lets be honest, D4 is an absolute basket case.....If point cook are not in d1 in 4yrs time then they'll never be any good....D1-D4 is very sub standard comp.....

But saying that WRFL has droped off over the past 5yrs....Top 4 sides In WRFL div1 would still beat most teams from ammos D1-D4....[/quote]

I am not disagreeing with that statement.

I believe that even Old Westbourne would give the bottom half of Div 1 sides an even contest, and they are D2 middle of the road.

The good thing about the ammos is that each week, most games will be an even contest. obviously there can be blow outs, but overall, its usually much better than watching Colts, Spotty & Hoppers anihilate sides week in, week out.

I encourage people to have a look at a Werribee Ammos game some time in the coming season, I'm sure the standard will suprise a few.

But saying that WRFL has droped off over the past 5yrs....Top 4 sides In WRFL div1 would still beat most teams from ammos D1-D4....[/quote]

I am not disagreeing with that statement.

I believe that even Old Westbourne would give the bottom half of Div 1 sides an even contest, and they are D2 middle of the road.

The good thing about the ammos is that each week, most games will be an even contest. obviously there can be blow outs, but overall, its usually much better than watching Colts, Spotty & Hoppers anihilate sides week in, week out.

I encourage people to have a look at a Werribee Ammos game some time in the coming season, I'm sure the standard will suprise a few.

I think Werribee Ammos would go ok in D1 WRFL, they would make the 5 for sure. Old Westbourne would not be anywhere near as competitive. They would make the 5 in D2 WRFL but I dont think they would win that. Just my opinion though.

But saying that WRFL has droped off over the past 5yrs....Top 4 sides In WRFL div1 would still beat most teams from ammos D1-D4....

Top 4 sides in WRFL would beat any Ammo team from C Grade by 10 goals, no question. To think otherwise is laughable.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 WRFL Player Movements

Remove this Banner Ad

Back