WRFL Div 2 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Albion to beat them for the 4th time this year.

Albion by 26 and Josh Bench to finish off a stellar season and get the BOG medal.

I'd go if the game was at a decent ground, ah well.
Agree, Albion look as though they are going well enough to beat the Kangaroos for the 4th time, Bensch is a star.

I'll go despite the venue, hope it's close to finish this bizarre D2 season on a high.

Agree, Albion look as though they are going well enough to beat the Kangaroos for the 4th time, Bensch is a star.

I'll go despite the venue, hope it's close to finish this bizarre D2 season on a high.
Josh Bench always been a star mate. Courageous, skilful player who returned to his home club. Prior to that was very loyal to any club he was at which wasn’t many.. Absolute jet..

Josh Bench always been a star mate. Courageous, skilful player who returned to his home club. Prior to that was very loyal to any club he was at which wasn’t many.. Absolute jet..
Agree, Turbo. Watch a fair bit of footy at Altona, was a star there too and they missed him this season. Hope he plays at Albion in D1 in 2025

Last edited:

Agree, Turbo. Watch a fair bit of footy at Altona, was a star there too and they missed him this season. Hope he plays at Albion in D1 in 2025
He is definitely staying and will most likely finish up at Albion whenever that is.. Also let’s mention Josh has resisted bigger offers over his time post Willy.

"Prior to that was loyal to any club he was at" - That's and oxymoron if I've ever heard one! Can you name an example of a player that wasn't loyal to a club he was at?

Went to today's Grand Final and what a great day it was for suburban footy. First of all the weather was all over the place - wind, clouds, rain, hail, sunshine and then repeat. It doesn't get any more grassroots footy than Pennell Reserve in Braybrook. Big loyal crowd filled the ground BUT watchout for the mud and puddles!! As for the game, Sunshine started strongly and adapted to the trying conditions better. I felt that Albion never got their game going and were always playing catchup football for most of the day but they were always threatening. In the last quarter it looked like Albion was going to finally run Sunshine down and pip them at the post but it just didn't happen. Some crucial and courageous marks by Sunshine in the latter part of the last quarter saved the day. A truly gutsy win by Sunshine. Enjoy your victory boys. Heartbreak for Albion. As usual I took my trusty and rusty camcorder with me and I'll upload my vision on YouTube in a couple of days and share the link here. Gotta luv suburban footy.

Just saying he didn’t move clubs often and from memory only was at Willy Reserves, then Altona, back to his junior
Congratulations to the 2024 Premiers Sunshine Kangaroos - see you in division 1 in 2025.
Sunshine were just too good when it counted. Albion started slow and didn’t capitalise when they had momentum.

Just throwing it out there, that last quarter was the shortest quarter I have ever seen for senior footy.. scoreboard read 25 minutes. The second quarter was 32 minutes long with only a couple of goals scored.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats Sunshine but still wondering how often and why undefeated teams get beaten in big finals and Grand Finals.

Its simple..Albion had thought it would be an easy win and Sunshine were super ruthless and tough in tackles and ball wanting..Sunshine gave Albion a taste of their own medicine and they couldn't handle it.

Who cares, they lost. If their players were injured they shouldn't of played. They are a liability.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm interested to know the reasons why an undefeated team who finished the year with a % of over 600, who had beaten their GF opponents 3 times this seasons each time comfortably, lost.

Remember this?
Yep! Grand finals everything can happen. Weather conditions alone could have changed the game, Sunshine looked like they were prepared for battle. In my opinion Albion looked a bit slow out of the blocks, and thought it would just happen. Was a tough game with both teams having players end at the hospital. Sunshine had changed their structure, strong move for a stand in coach, took risk..

Yep! Grand finals everything can happen. Weather conditions alone could have changed the game, Sunshine looked like they were prepared for battle. In my opinion Albion looked a bit slow out of the blocks, and thought it would just happen. Was a tough game with both teams having players end at the hospital. Sunshine had changed their structure, strong move for a stand in coach, took risk..
Its simple goes back to the start of the finals..Sunshine are without 3 key players who complete their jigsaw puzzle .Against Albion first final outs. CARROLL..KERBATIEH & KARDACHI.
Albion win but only with a good 15 minutes in the third quarter..the writing was on the wall

Enter week 2 against Newport..CARROLL & KARDACHI BACK..Newport smashed.

Grand final.

NOW FINAL PIECE OF THE SUNSHINE JIGSAW ..KERBATIEH maricalously back after tearing a huge hamstring 4 weeks earlier

Now Sunshine team on paper anyway at full strength.

Every player played their role and from what I saw just too tough, aggressive, wanted the ball more and too good for Albion on the day.

The Coach had made the players play for each other..no backing off and changed his midfield structure and his bench rotations threw Albion off.

Lets not individualise because every and I mean every Sunshine player came to win and they did.

At the end of the day Sunshine FC are 2024 Premiers

Last edited:
You know there was a WRFL Official overseeing the timekeepers for all 3 grand finals yesterday? Why don't you ask him?

I don’t think Braybrook is a great ground to watch the divisions marquee game, however in saying that, braybrooks volunteers did a ripper job, it was the same faces each week. So well done to them.. looks like the
Council needs to get in and help out the local clubs with facilities . I am not in to bashing umpires, but the one with the glasses, man he tried his best to be noticed in the game.. it was a bloody hard fought out game with lots of strong tackles.. I was standing near the club room, and the older Albion crowd weren’t match different.. they tried it on the Sunshine supporters too.. felt like old fdfl days. I thought Cravino for sunshine was good, sunshine captain O’keefe won the medal, also no 12. Would have been a big night at the Kangaroos. Bench definitely gave it his all, Cavanagh was underdone and didn’t make much impact.. heard a few Albion people not happy about him taking someone’s spot seeing he hadn’t played for 6-8 weeks. Risky with the weather prediction.. 9 always has a spark

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Div 2 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back