2010 year for 21 year old ruckman. Who will become the best this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

R1

Luenberger - 16 D, 19 HO, 0 G
Goldstein - 14 D, 25 HO, 0 G
Renouf - 9 D, 17 HO, 0 G
Hampson - DNP

I will give 3-2-1 each week

Round 1:

Luenberger - 3 votes
Goldstein - 2 votes
Renouf - 1 vote

One and a half years on, Goldstein has moved well ahead. Berger looking pretty good. Renouf stalled by injury but was promising early in the season and Hampson has found his niche but will not be in the class of the other three.

1. Goldstein (pick 37)
2. Berger (pick 4)
3. Renouf (pick 24)
4. Hampson (pick 17)

2006 still looks like a good year for rucks. All 4 look certain to play 200+.

I read that entire thread thinking it was posted in march, 2011. FAIL! (essendon bias) where would Bellchambers sit with this group? His currently 21, although that lot would be a year older I believe.

Hammer is a few years away from making it. Marking technique and kicking hold him back more than most, and are at times embarrassing. Has improved out of sight at stoppages though. Already his pace is a problem for opponents.

Fortunately we're not relying on him week-in week-out at the moment.

Hampson would be OK, now, if he could just ruck all day.
Once he's outside the direct contest he's lost; makes him no use as a 2nd ruck or forward option.
See what he's like in a couple of years though, that could come.

One and a half years on, Goldstein has moved well ahead. Berger looking pretty good. Renouf stalled by injury but was promising early in the season and Hampson has found his niche but will not be in the class of the other three.

1. Goldstein (pick 37)
2. Berger (pick 4)
3. Renouf (pick 24)
4. Hampson (pick 17)

2006 still looks like a good year for rucks. All 4 look certain to play 200+.

Fair analysis although the odds of Renouf and Hampson playing 200 would be very very slim personally.

Goldstein is going to be a superstar, his stats are ridiculous for a ruckman his age, if sandilands is injured for much longer, I think he could make the AA 22.

He's gone past mumford IMO.

Having a better year than Jamar last year.

Smith and Goldstein the two best down the track, with NN and Kreuzer a level below

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldstein is going to be a superstar, his stats are ridiculous for a ruckman his age, if sandilands is injured for much longer, I think he could make the AA 22.

He's gone past mumford IMO.

Having a better year than Jamar last year.

Smith and Goldstein the two best down the track, with NN and Kreuzer a level below
Smith only on his around the ground efforts he is very average at the moment in the ruck.

Remember that Cox didn't become the Eagles #1 ruckman until 2004 when Michael Gardiner went down with another knee injury.

Will be interesting to see Goldstein's figures next year. Cox's numbers went up in nearly all categories (disposals, marks, goals, hitouts) from 2004 to 2005 when he was no longer the understudy ruckman.

Really means Bugger all. Try doing a TG v NN same age.

Yeah, a lot depends on how much game time they have, particularly in the ruck. With McIntosh the #1 ruck Goldy didn't have a lot of time in the ruck.

The interesting thing will be what we will do now with McIntosh.

Over the last couple of seasons has become an excellent contested mark. Has added enormous aerobic capacity and ruckwork to advantage to his arsenal, and is powering along beautifully for a 21 year old 200cm ruckman.

All it took was an above 100 average score in supercoach points to make the footy world sit up and take notice. Shame on you all!

Goldy is playing some great footy ATM. He has some areas to improve on still, but that will come with more experience. Kicked 5 goals against the Dees a couple of years back. I suspect if he wore a different jumper the scribes might of caught on earlier.

I still rate Kreuzer the best potentially, pure footballing big man.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 year for 21 year old ruckman. Who will become the best this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back