2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well there goes Dallas season..

Kari hobbles off the ice, can put pressure on his leg after stretching for a meningless save (from an offside shot)

If its as bad as it looks he will miss 8 weeks plus...

:(

Any chance we can have 1 stretch without so many injures..

Well there goes Dallas season..

Kari hobbles off the ice, can put pressure on his leg after stretching for a meningless save (from an offside shot)

If its as bad as it looks he will miss 8 weeks plus...

Any chance we can have 1 stretch without so many injures..
[YOUTUBE]1lWJXDG2i0A[/YOUTUBE]

I started him both days in KHL. ;) As if you didn't start him today, he looked great yesterday and should've scored 2.

Huge night for him!
Tis a good thing I am absolutely kicking arse in my BFFHL game then.

Speaking of refs - the calls against Semin are getting ridiculous. He gets called for diving after an opponent takes both his skates out, with the refs calling the trip as well. It's become literally impossible for him to draw a penalty without being called for unsportsmanlike.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F'ing refs. Blow the whistle, you moron.

Price never seemed to actually have it. He was feeling around for it with his glove and he might have just found it when it got poked away from him. Justice for Tanger to get the goal anyway as Pacioretty should have gone for that hit on him earlier.

ref was on the wrong side, didnt know price had it

A player hacking away at Price's glove should be a fairly good indication that the puck was in Price's grasp.

Rule 85.3 Puck Out of Sight - Should a scramble take place or a player accidentally fall on the puck and the puck be out of sight of the Referee, he shall immediately blow his whistle and stop the play. The puck shall then be faced-off at the nearest face-off spot in the zone where the play was stopped unless otherwise provided for in the rules.

tumblr_lvatwm7ffA1qa1enao1_500.jpg

Justice for Tanger to get the goal anyway as Pacioretty should have gone for that hit on him earlier.

Shoulder was the primary contact, slipped up to the head due to Letang dropping his head to take a shot on goal.

Pacioretty isn't a Bruin so he's not 100% safe but he should be fine.

48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A hit resulting in contact with an opponent's head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact is not permitted. However, in determining whether such a hit should have been permitted, the circumstances of the hit, including whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit or the head contact on an otherwise legal body check was avoidable, can be considered.

Shoulder was the primary contact, slipped up to the head due to Letang dropping his head to take a shot on goal.

Pacioretty isn't a Bruin so he's not 100% safe but he should be fine.
Well I remember Letang getting a Game Misconduct and suspended for a hip and shoulder hit last season. Apparently if the guy you hit lays on the ice long enough, that means you get suspended. Have a nice holiday Paci.
He disagrees:

:D
Well of course Price is going to disagree. He has to make some excuse for why he went all Tukka Rask on his stick at the end of the game. If he really had the puck it wouldn't have ended up in the back of the net now would it.

Well I remember Letang getting a Game Misconduct and suspended for a hip and shoulder hit last season. Apparently if the guy you hit lays on the ice long enough, that means you get suspended. Have a nice holiday Paci.

Colin the Clown and his big wheel of punishment was in charge then.

Did Letang even miss a shift? See Steve Downie's pre-season hit on Campoli for a similar non-suspension hit. Letang sees him coming yet does nothing to protect himself. Pacioretty never at any point lifts his elbow or forearm in the direction of Letang’s head. Taking a shot on goal just before the collision makes Letang lead with the head. The rule quite clearly states that will be considered when deciding whether the hit is legal or illegal. The referees seemed to think it was fine. Even Gary Galley, noted Hab disapprover, critiques Letang and defends Pacioretty.

Well of course Price is going to disagree. He has to make some excuse for why he went all Tukka Rask on his stick at the end of the game. If he really had the puck it wouldn't have ended up in the back of the net now would it.

Whack away and dig hard enough for an extended period of time and it is quite easy to jam a puck from under a glove. It was a referee blunder. Everyone knows it. Plays such as those should be reviewable.

Cool story bro. I only said it for a joke, mainly for the Detroit boys who are with me on the Toewshawk jokes.

Was this a joke as well during the first Canada vs USA game of the Olympics? :D

Canada don't look that strong. Toews has once again been poo - poor choice for Canada.

Toews ended the tournament with a team-leading eight points. His seven assists tied with Pavol Demitra for the tournament lead. His lone goal of the tournament opened the scoring in Canada's 3–2 overtime win in the gold medal game against the United States. As a result, he was awarded Best Forward and tournament all-star team honours.

:D:D

Remove this Banner Ad

2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back