2011 AFL Grand Final on Blu Ray

Remove this Banner Ad

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

Finally out of the stone ages.

Now all we need is for all TV channels to be 1080p. Not this bullcrap 720p/1080i rubbish.

Lol I wanted a Blu ray version but was told they wouldn't be realeased, so I brought the SD version... I'll still get the Blu Ray really hoping the victory pack is in HD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've gone on this rant before, but I really wish the company that produces AFL DVDs (Sports Delivered?) did a bit more with them. There must be so much footage that could be added to a grand final DVD/Blu Ray - news snippets, footage from training and the parade, coach's post-match press conferences, footage of the team celebrating, the family day the following day etc... but we don't get any of it :(

A couple of months ago I got the Dallas Mavericks NBA Champions DVD which puts AFL DVDs to shame. It's so slick and professionally produced.

I've gone on this rant before, but I really wish the company that produces AFL DVDs (Sports Delivered?) did a bit more with them. There must be so much footage that could be added to a grand final DVD/Blu Ray - news snippets, footage from training and the parade, coach's post-match press conferences, footage of the team celebrating, the family day the following day etc... but we don't get any of it :(

A couple of months ago I got the Dallas Mavericks NBA Champions DVD which puts AFL DVDs to shame. It's so slick and professionally produced.

Apparently they're adding the following content to the Bluray version - to be played before the game, qtr time, half time, 3 qtr time and after the match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsOGt4B9E_g

does anyone know if it was ever recorded in 3D, and if so is it likely to be released in 3D on blu-ray? also was the grandfinal broadcasted in HD?

No, it wasn't recorded in 3D

Yes it was recorded in HD. This is what the Blu Ray Version is.
Thanks, I don't think 3D is very good for footy anyway. Must have been a flop after they tried it with the 2010 GF.
Yea I know it was recorded in HD was just wondering whether they actually broadcasted it in HD because I thought channel 10 didn't support 1080p since it was not shown on ONE HD.

Foxtel Foxsports HD channel has been showing the replay and it is noticeably better quality than the crap Channel 10 dished up.
I'm fairly sure they used to promote OneHD as their sports channel, why not make use of it for the biggest sporting event in the country?

So we're getting the GF in blu-ray, but only as a stand-alone release, and not in the Victory Pack?

Who's f******* running this game? How f****** hard is it to package the Victory Pack in both blu-ray and DVD? They are charging a f****** arm and a leg for this sub-par garbage. Who are the f***wits that continually dish up this s***, under the illusion that the herd will just take what's fed to 'em.

Totally sick and f****** tired of this situation that happens every two years.

Foxtel Foxsports HD channel has been showing the replay and it is noticeably better quality than the crap Channel 10 dished up.
I'm fairly sure they used to promote OneHD as their sports channel, why not make use of it for the biggest sporting event in the country?

1. Network Ten was contractually required to broadcast the qualifying round of the Moto GP Live at the same time as the Grand Final. And Because of the AFL being on the Government’s anti-syphoning list it had to air on the primary channel (TEN) first.

The game was shown in HD on the OneHD channel after the Grand Final (around 9.30pm). I watched this when I got home on Saturday night.

2. OneHD is no longer a dedicated Sports channel. Its being re-launched as general entertainment channel for males aged between 25-54.

Like me your probably thinking why they hell are they doing that? We already have 7mate marketing this audience. Well Foxtel were never happy that a Free to Air station was showing Sport 24/7. This is the main source behind there membership. Lets face it, if they didn't have sport how many subscribers would they have? Enter James Packer who bought 16% of Channel Ten Shares last year. For those who don't know Foxtel is part owned by James Packer's company Consolidated Media Holdings. Not long after this OneHD made a decision not to be dedicated sporting channel and not to renew the contracts for NFL, NBA, MLB, etc....

On top of all this Lachlan Murdoch (Head of Channel 10) is a also director of News Corp. (also part owner of Foxtel)

Make no mistake, this was just Foxtel owners (Packer and Murdoch) protecting there investment.

Yeah thats been a long held gripe of mine.
To me I would love to be able to look back on the whole grand final day broadcast in years to come - that includes all the pre-game entertainment, pre game commentary, all the commentary between the breaks, grand final sprint, and all the post match.

Its what encompasses the passion of grand final day and I cant believe that they dont include it in the DVD.

Sure, the DVD as a medium probably couldnt hold it, but they have no excuse now that they are putting them out on blu ray.

Having said that, they are taking steps in the right direction with all the additional commentary etc.
I would just like the whole kit and kaboodle - well, possibly not meatloaf..... :eek:

Good news!

From the company that produces AFL DVDs and Blu Rays:

http://promoscape.com.au/2011/09/30/grand-final-weekend/

Update… 12/10/11 We have completed production of the Blu-ray Grand Final 2011. This includes all features of the DVD with additional commentary from KRock. We were unable to include KRock on the DVD due to time constraints on overnight turnaround. Encoded at over 30mbit/sec average in AVC from the TEN HDCAM masters in 1920×1080 50i, (P not supported by BD format in 25fps in 1080) it looks much better than the HD transmission on One HD. In fact the encoded result looks as good as the HDCAM master.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 AFL Grand Final on Blu Ray

Remove this Banner Ad

Back