AE 2011 - Armchair Endzone Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Armchair Endzone 2011 - Discussion

Don't like tie-breakers, especially for most games tipped correctly, because not all games are considered equal in CR tipping

Lucky for you, you won't have to worry about tiebreakers this week...its gonna get ugly :D

Oh good, Vikings fan. How's McNabb working out for you? Though to be honest I would not be surprised to see the Bears lose this week.

As for our matchup, it isn't going to get ugly. It's a largely easy week for tipping. 8 of the 13 are obvious. It's the other 5 which will determine the victor...and I have picked 4 upsets for those (subject to change at any second). Consequently, I predict the final margin will be within 10-15.

Oh good, Vikings fan. How's McNabb working out for you? Though to be honest I would not be surprised to see the Bears lose this week.

Not so good :eek: But don't blame me, wasn't my signing!

As for our matchup, it isn't going to get ugly. It's a largely easy week for tipping. 8 of the 13 are obvious. It's the other 5 which will determine the victor...and I have picked 4 upsets for those (subject to change at any second). Consequently, I predict the final margin will be within 10-15.

Can't say I've looked...stop adding logic to meaningless trash talk :cool:

Not so good :eek: But don't blame me, wasn't my signing!

Can't say I've looked...stop adding logic to meaningless trash talk :cool:

What's this thing called 'logic'????:rolleyes::D

AE11_Wk5A.jpg

AE11_Wk5B.jpg

AE11_Wk5C.jpg

AE11_Wk5D.jpg

AE11_Wk5E.jpg

13. Packers
12. Lions
11. Falcons
10. Patriots
9. Saints
8. Bengals
7. Steelers
6. Raiders
5. Bears
4. Ravens
3. Jets
2. Eagles
1. Giants

Re: NEXT DUEL Schedule Week 6

I'm referring more to the CR leaderboard. I'm only 82 points behind, but that means i'd have to outscore the top 10 by around 10 points a week for the rest of the season. What i mean is, do you know Woodson what is the best comeback in AE history? Doesn't have to be someone taking 1st place, but someone able to rise from the pits of the leaderboard into the top 10.

As for ND, yeah there's always hope in that because you're only going up against your opponent for that week.

To the stats gurus....is there any hope by the law of averages for a guy like me on 418 points and about 82 behind first place on the CR ladder?

FWIW.. have looked back at your Week 6 records..

2008 : Lost to NakedDeadGuy (2-4) << your W/L record after week 6
2009 : Defeated Cassius Clay (1-1-4)
2010 : Defeated Oscarman (3-3)
2011 : Opponent is Chris25

If you like Meatloaf, Two outta Three ain't bad.. :p

If you stick to your Raiders, first HOME game since Al Davis passed away, could be very emotional... could be draining for the Raider Nation.. could Inspire Raider Nation.. Apex will most likely GO all out. (13CR) How about you?

I'm referring more to the CR leaderboard. I'm only 82 points behind, but that means i'd have to outscore the top 10 by around 10 points a week for the rest of the season. What i mean is, do you know Woodson what is the best comeback in AE history? Doesn't have to be someone taking 1st place, but someone able to rise from the pits of the leaderboard into the top 10.

As for ND, yeah there's always hope in that because you're only going up against your opponent for that week.

The AE 2008 season review showed in Week 5, GeeCats07 was 60 odd points behind the leader after Week 5 and finished close enough to the TOP TEN at the end.

As for the rapid riser from the midfield... REWIND back to the inaugural online AE campaign (the year 2007) <>> <<< >> Sodapop (then TACHawks) shot up from 16th to SECOND in a single bound. Week 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am getting to the point where im ashamed to show my face around here.

I think I need to ask meltiger how he copes.

As much as it hurts Cam, you can't be tipping the Broncos every week while we're crap! You're record matches that of our beloved team...

I selected them in week 1 (naturally) and then backed up in week 2, but haven't tipped them since.

In a comp like this you gotta tip with your head, not your heart. And you're tipping them with great gusto and high CR too... it's costing you buddy. :(

I don't like tipping against them, but if I'm any chance to factor in these comps towards the end of the season, I gotta be smart about it.

And anyway... you're certainly not of the running in Next Duel... you're 1-4 and can turn that around with a couple of wins in succession. Should be easier this week with no Denver to worry about! hehe :)

Great previews there PB74! :thumbsu: Thanx for your marvelous input.
If anyone else is willing to contribute in analyzing the other match ups, please STEP up.

Nothing bizarre about the interesting tidbit. The most fascinating challenge about the ND/ AE is actually plotting the match ups with the NFL schedule (NFL bible) as the first point of reference. GG thinks it's not worth fandangling too much. Meh!! (can't bear to lower my standards like the AFL). Look at how great the contests are shaping up. Half the 31 contests need MNF to determine a winner every week. Intrigue is what it's all about!! I'm willing to give someone else the challenge next season of coming up with a better formula and running the AE show. Could be collective effort.

Great previews there PB74! :thumbsu: Thanx for your marvelous input.
If anyone else is willing to contribute in analyzing the other match ups, please STEP up.

Nothing bizarre about the interesting tidbit. The most fascinating challenge about the ND/ AE is actually plotting the match ups with the NFL schedule (NFL bible) as the first point of reference. GG thinks it's not worth fandangling too much. Meh!! (can't bear to lower my standards like the AFL). Look at how great the contests are shaping up. Half the 31 contests need MNF to determine a winner every week. Intrigue is what it's all about!! I'm willing to give someone else the challenge next season of coming up with a better formula and running the AE show. Could be collective effort.

Dude... If it ain't broke don't go fixing it... I love your work with the scheduling... "the interesting tid bits" are the result of a lot of hard work. Having designed schedules for sporting events in the past I know how tough they can be, to then go to the trouble that you do to add the colour and excitement (ie the interesting tid bit) is no mean feat!

I'd like Meltigers in my next schedule though.

As much as it hurts Cam, you can't be tipping the Broncos every week while we're crap! You're record matches that of our beloved team...

I selected them in week 1 (naturally) and then backed up in week 2, but haven't tipped them since.

In a comp like this you gotta tip with your head, not your heart. And you're tipping them with great gusto and high CR too... it's costing you buddy. :(

I don't like tipping against them, but if I'm any chance to factor in these comps towards the end of the season, I gotta be smart about it.

And anyway... you're certainly not of the running in Next Duel... you're 1-4 and can turn that around with a couple of wins in succession. Should be easier this week with no Denver to worry about! hehe :)

I know but I just can't help it. It almost paid off last week..

I'm the same in AFL.. but your right, when its for money you just gotta tip with your head.

DropZone Elimination - Week 5 losers
Three people didn't tip in Week 5.
Meltiger - already gone in DZE
Wizard - already gone in DZE
WADW - week 5 score is 55 - 13 = 42

That would mean the 4 lowest scores would be:
WADW 42
manureid 43
Neddy 45
GG 46

NB:
Camsmith 46 (already gone in DZE)
Clash Hendrix 46 (already gone in DZE)
Jonesy_86 46 (already gone in DZE)
I've just gone back to do DropZone Elimination, and set up an Excel File to keep a track of it.

There was a mistake in who got eliminated in week 4.

wce_all_da_way got 61. He somehow survived with Clash Hendrix scoring 80 and somehow being eliminated.

Makes no difference now though, because Clash got eliminated in week 5, so the same 12 got eliminated, but they just went in the wrong order.

I've just gone back to do DropZone Elimination, and set up an Excel File to keep a track of it.

There was a mistake in who got eliminated in week 4.

wce_all_da_way got 61. He somehow survived with Clash Hendrix scoring 80 and somehow being eliminated.

Makes no difference now though, because Clash got eliminated in week 5, so the same 12 got eliminated, but they just went in the wrong order.

Balmainforever has been assigned to look after the DZE comp. If you dare audit his work.. beware of his bark. :p

As for WADW's Week 4 selections.. this is what I posted during the week...

If I ever receive picks from anyone, I'll make mention on this thread as per post #513, PM JD and GG plus the opposing opponent. Nothing received from either of Wizard, WADW and Meltiger.

Reason why WADW's picks have been re-listed is that he only has access to internet by cell phone meaning he can't change the CR value but I believe JD is working on that.

JD didn't check his PM box before the early games kicked off in Week 4.

Here are his Week 4 picks.. (if you need to re-check his total) * 3XKO picks

Saints 16*
Eagles 15*
Packers 14
Falcons 13
Giants 12
Chargers 11
Bills 10
Bears 9
Bucs 8
Browns 7
Redskins 6
Vikings 5
Cowboys 4
Patriots 3
Steelers 2
Jets 1

= 92

Balmainforever has been assigned to look after the DZE comp. If you dare audit his work.. beware of his bark. :p

DB is only looking to discredit me after I whipped him in ND last week.:D
There are that many eyes on every comp that it's not going to take 3 weeks to find and fix up any mistakes.:rolleyes:

Tight battle with Island Bomber this week...

Pipped me by 1 so far for taking the Eagles for 1CR over my Redskins for 1CR... all other tips identical.

Need Houston to take down the Ravens for me to have any chance (IB has them for more CR than me!).

A lot of close contests in ND!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

AE 2011 - Armchair Endzone Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back