AE 2011 - Armchair Endzone Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Armchair Endzone 2011 - Discussion

Well I changed it last night, I figured as it was a divisional game it was worth fighting for...

With the benefit of hindsight (and the latest score that shows the jets up by 11 points) I probably should have stuck with the Jets and not wasted the eight CR points.

Probably a silly decision with you now dropping out of the DZE competition.

JD, I couldn't find a link to the weekly scoreboard which shows everybodys CR selections and 3XKO selections. I went through my browser history and found it though. Is this something that we will only be able to see while matches are still active?

If anyone wants to check out the Week 6 results here's the link: http://www.armchairendzone.com/ae/results/2011/6

JD, I couldn't find a link to the weekly scoreboard which shows everybodys CR selections and 3XKO selections. I went through my browser history and found it though. Is this something that we will only be able to see while matches are still active?

If anyone wants to check out the Week 6 results here's the link: http://www.armchairendzone.com/ae/results/2011/6

I found it quite easily. Under stats, then scoreboard, then the week you want.

I found it quite easily. Under stats, then scoreboard, then the week you want.

OK, when I clicked on stats this morning there was nothing there... just a broken link. Thx

Week Six Next Duel Wrap Up
Based on my previews

My top 3 clashes
#1 Island Bomber vs Peterbuch74 (Even Line)
Selections were very close, and the 1 point win the Island Bomber came away with was really down to 1 game. That game was the Eagles vs Redskins. Island Bomber selected the Eagles for 1CR and PB74 had the Skins for 1CR. Very close contest from the new top 2 in the overall CR standings.

#2 Fuey vs Neddy (+0.2 Line to Neddy)
Had the exact same selections, just the CRs were different, with both losing out on the Lions, Redskins and the Saints. Neddy's 8CR on the Lions hurt (vs Fueys 1CR on the Lions) and was enough for Fuey to come away with a 5 point win.

#3 Marklar vs Travodo (+1.8 Line to Travodo)
Marklar losing out on the Lions 9CR, Vikings 7CR and Saints 10CR vs Travodos Bills 2CR and Saints 10CR was the difference. Travodo's bold selection of the 49ers vs the unbeaten Lions (albeit for only 1CR) got him through with a comfortable 14 point win.

Divisional Dogfight Snakes & Ladders wrap-up
Island Bomber skipped a game clear in the Fran Tarkenton division with his win, PB74 drops back to 3rd after being equal 1st.
Marklar retains top spot in the Red Grange division despite the loss, however Travodo draws closer to first.
GeeCats consolidates second position in Dick Lane, whereas Shifty slides from 4th to 6th.
Arakaan kicks a game clear on top of the Ricky Jackson division, with Woodson remaining in 5th but falling behind. Same goes for Sven (Game clear) and Skeppersap (4th and falling) in the Roger Wehrli division.
In the Thurman Thomas division Swannies' win keeps him in first with his win against BeinPurplenGreen who now falls to 4th a game behind, whereas Marcuz remains in second just behind Swannies with the non-tipping Wizard falling to 5th with a 2 game gap to the leaders now.
In the Jim Parker division Fueys win keeps in equal first place alongside Rocco_S, with Neddy now falling a game behind in 3rd.

ND/NFL Matchups
In the matchups which pitted ND duels alongside corresponding combatants' NFL teams only Clash Hendrix/Giants, Superfreak/Bucs and Travodo88/Bears had the double win this week.
Bloods, Larkis, Arakaan, Swannies, Reacher, Chris25, BurningLeviathan and Sven all had their NFL team lose, however exacted revenge on their ND counterparts by knocking them off in week 6.

That's it for my Week 6 wrap!
Week 7 preview to be posted tomorrow/Friday.

3xkowk6.jpg

Week 6 notes
WADW (GB) and Wizards (PIT) selections are based off their Power Rankings.

Please also note that GG, Bloods, BurningLeviathan, ClashHendrix, Danielz, EagleOz, Fuey, GeeCats07, Marcuz, Osmodiar, RedRagger, Travodo88 all were able to make 3XKO selections on the AE website although they had already been eliminated and therefore their selections don't count. be_like_mike was able to make 2 selections although only 1 was active, so his first selection (OAK) will count.

Please don't tell me that Chism has tied again. :eek::rolleyes:

Yep!

Still yet to be beaten after 6 weeks. It is one thing to get level with me but gee nearly impossible to pass me!! :D

Probably a silly decision with you now dropping out of the DZE competition.

man oh man.. serious? :eek: Albertonrob will rue that call... I hear Dr Phil is lining up Albertonrob as a guest on his next show to give him a SERVE!! :D

DrPhil-1.jpg

Marklar losing out on the Lions 9CR, Vikings 7CR and Saints 10CR vs Travodos Bills 2CR and Saints 10CR was the difference. Travodo's bold selection of the 49ers vs the unbeaten Lions (albeit for only 1CR) got him through with a comfortable 14 point win.

Went for glory by changing the 7CR from the Bears to the Vikes after the 4pm games...bad move, could have taken a more honourable loss :cool:

man oh man.. serious? :eek: Albertonrob will rue that call... I hear Dr Phil is lining up Albertonrob as a guest on his next show to give him a SERVE!! :D

DrPhil-1.jpg

I don't know. I tried to advise him not to do it. Maybe it is the Perth time, no daylight savings, too many Swan Lagers....oh, he is a Chelsea supporter as well?? So many factors contributing to this decision...... :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on my previews

My top 3 clashes
#1 Island Bomber vs Peterbuch74 (Even Line)
Selections were very close, and the 1 point win the Island Bomber came away with was really down to 1 game. That game was the Eagles vs Redskins. Island Bomber selected the Eagles for 1CR and PB74 had the Skins for 1CR. Very close contest from the new top 2 in the overall CR standings.

#2 Fuey vs Neddy (+0.2 Line to Neddy)
Had the exact same selections, just the CRs were different, with both losing out on the Lions, Redskins and the Saints. Neddy's 8CR on the Lions hurt (vs Fueys 1CR on the Lions) and was enough for Fuey to come away with a 5 point win.

Island Bomber skipped a game clear in the Fran Tarkenton division with his win, PB74 drops back to 3rd after being equal 1st.
Marklar retains top spot in the Red Grange division despite the loss, however Travodo draws closer to first.
GeeCats consolidates second position in Dick Lane, whereas Shifty slides from 4th to 6th.
Arakaan kicks a game clear on top of the Ricky Jackson division, with Woodson remaining in 5th but falling behind. Same goes for Sven (Game clear) and Skeppersap (4th and falling) in the Roger Wehrli division.In the Thurman Thomas division Swannies' win keeps him in first with his win against BeinPurplenGreen who now falls to 4th a game behind, whereas Marcuz remains in second just behind Swannies with the non-tipping Wizard falling to 5th with a 2 game gap to the leaders now.
In the Jim Parker division Fueys win keeps in equal first place alongside Rocco_S, with Neddy now falling a game behind in 3rd.

ND/NFL Matchups
In the matchups which pitted ND duels alongside corresponding combatants' NFL teams only Clash Hendrix/Giants, Superfreak/Bucs and Travodo88/Bears had the double win this week.
Bloods, Larkis, Arakaan, Swannies, Reacher, Chris25, BurningLeviathan and Sven all had their NFL team lose, however exacted revenge on their ND counterparts by knocking them off in week 6.

That's it for my Week 6 wrap!
Week 7 preview to be posted tomorrow/Friday.

I was wondering about this. I dont think JDs AE site is registering my win when I didnt submit my tips (still won after the 13 point deduction).

I was tossing up changing from the Jets to the Dolphins, but decided not to. Glad about that decision!

Arakaan kicks a game clear on top of the Ricky Jackson division, with Woodson remaining in 5th but falling behind. Same goes for Sven (Game clear) and Skeppersap (4th and falling) in the Roger Wehrli division.
In the Thurman Thomas division Swannies' win keeps him in first with his win against BeinPurplenGreen who now falls to 4th a game behind, whereas Marcuz remains in second just behind Swannies with the non-tipping Wizard falling to 5th with a 2 game gap to the leaders now.

slight correction. Sven has half game lead in his division.;)

Yeah it was a bit dumb, I didn't realise I was that close to to the drop. Should have paid more attention to the other scores around the place.

You're in top 10 in CR so that decision was even more strange. CR comp is worth more i think.

13. Saints
12. Ravens
11. Bears
10. Raiders
9. Packers
8. Titans
7. Chargers
6. Steelers
5. Cowboys
4. Dolphins
3. Panthers
2. Lions
1. Browns

Thank you all for you heartfelt words of support.

Basically I fcked up. I forgot to take in to account those that had already been eliminated, worked out that I shouldn't finish in the bottom four by changing my tip and went for it.

Shit happens. I'll just have to concentrate on winning 3XKO and ND (which is my fav of all the comps)... And when I finish top of CR I'll be the ineligible Brownlow winner that everyone loves to talk about for years to follow...

I have to say I'm not a fan of this confidence rating thing. Twice this season I've picked more winners but lost on total points.:(

I have to say I'm not a fan of this confidence rating thing. Twice this season I've picked more winners but lost on total points.:(

Been there done that!

Remove this Banner Ad

AE 2011 - Armchair Endzone Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back