2011 - Break Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Whoever is responsible for contracts

Won't agree to contracts that result in a team who has not seriously challenged for a flag since 2004 having salary cap issues!

I want to go with Proud or Hanley- both were showing some decent glimpses towards to latter end of this year.

Polkinghorne really seemed to stall this year, I guess he was out for quite a while with that... corked knee, was it? Anyway, hopefully he can do some damage in the middle for us- he's got a big body on him.

Don't know anything about Beams full stop, so it's good to see so many here are expecting a bit of him next year.

Depending on whether Fev stays or goes but I think Mitch Clark will kick 50+ goals if he is up forward all year with Browny.

I think Redden is primed and ready to have a massive massive season in 2011.

Depending on whether Fev stays or goes but I think Mitch Clark will kick 50+ goals if he is up forward all year with Browny.

I think Redden is primed and ready to have a massive massive season in 2011.

Andrew Raines will have a massive season... In the reserves :)

Jack Redden for me - will turn it up big time next year. Will be bigger and tougher and better at disposals. Bring it on :D

I'm on this one as well

Would love to see Bartlett fit and firing, going to have to be patient though I guess.:( Beams will be a gun and I expect Redden to take another step forward next year. Things aren't as bad as they seem.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard that O'Brien at school lacked commitment and had many distractions (wasn't anywhere close to a coach's dream). He may have turned it around and is naturally gifted but I'm not sure he has the commitment like Rockliff has to take the next step into the AFL.
Maybe but I know one SA recruiter who was massively disappointed his club didn't pick up O'Brien. Thinks he will be a very good player.

My take on a few thrown up:

Beams - looks set to go and came from a fair way back this year. I would be surprised if he is not promoted this offseason and gets a chance very early. Would have to be the most likely I reckon.

Harwood - came from a disfunctional environment and seems to be developing very nicely as a full time footballer. One of the hardest tacklers in the AFL already and will be grading the path inside for Rich for years to come. If he doesn't get a rising star nomination I will be very disappointed.

Hanley - knows now he can cut it at AFL level and got over 17 possessions a game each week for the last month. Quality user, mature body and quick. I expect him to assert himself next year and to up his average to 20 a game.

Rich - third year and knows what he needs to work on. Lazyness has always been his issue and hopefully he puts in the big ones over the preseason. He has all the talent in the world.

Redden - hard worker who needs to get back the skills he showed last year. Looks to have all the other tools to be an excellent midfielder. I know a few very good judges from other clubs think very highly of him and are expecting a jump from him next year.

A couple of left field candidates:

McKeever - big and hugely athletic. If there are injuries in the KPD area he could be thrown in there. Seems to have come on fine this year learning the game and with a full season under his belt and an offseason to work on his game he could jump out of the box.

Golby - a kid I liked a lot who struggled with his body this year recovering from a knee reco. Big possession winner as a junior and I expect him to be back to full fitness and dominating the reserves next year and knocking on the door for senior selection in the second half of the year.

I am also surprised Retzlaff hasn't got a mention. From reports he improved out of sight this year and if he could continue that we might get to see him in the firsts next year. Still 2nd year KPs are never the first choice break out candidates.

Would love to see Bartlett fit and firing, going to have to be patient though I guess.:( Beams will be a gun and I expect Redden to take another step forward next year. Things aren't as bad as they seem.:thumbsu:

Yeah you will be waiting a while 2012 maybe.Redden and Rich will both take the next step both suffered from 2nd year blue's.

Banfield hopefully can take another step forward and be dominate again people talk about Milne and Didak I think his just as good and will hopefully go in the grand final sprint and win it.

Leunberger a good pre-season and I think he will show why he was rated so highly when we drafted him.

Brennan,Sherman,Rischtelli are gone so we have to replace them Tambling,Armitage,Sewell and Walker are some of the names been thrown around.Pick 1 for both Brennan and Sherman?

I have no sense of punctuation and I don't care at least I don't give up.

Beams would appear to be a pretty decent prospect to work his way into the senior team fairly regularly in 2011.

However, I think that Hanley might be best placed to step up and start making a real impact on the overall performance of the team. I reckon he really looked the goods in the latter part of the season.

Harwood is another whom I expect to really take some huge steps in 2011.

Re Quigley's comments above- well spoken, and agree with all of those predictions. Retzlaff has the class, but may be a little time in the making. Only got a good look at Beams once or twice, but he is a standout. An acquaintance reckons he will be better than his brother.

One bloke may have been overlooked- Polkinghorne. From memory, was out injured, but came back and his last few games spoke of commitment, hardness and class. Another centre square candidate, IMHO.

I agree on Polkinghorne, he has all the attributes to be a quality player. Just a matter of him stepping up in 2011.

Ooh, I think Jack Redden willdo great!
And Todd "Little Red" Banfield will be our replacment for Rischa...

Im hoping Browny, Fev and Stiller improve too!

And Voss....

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 - Break Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back