Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
denver broncos, detroit redwings
A bit of a tougher choice this year i think, not just the auto select of Ablett (for most) like last year.

The 3 main choices.

Swan: 127 ave last year. Averages 137 vs Port. strong preseason

Goddard: 130 ave last year. Only averages 105 vs Geelong. Sort of sluggish preseason IMO too.

Judd: 119 ave last year. Averages 126 vs Richmond. Strong preseason.

The smokies.

Cox: Only averaged 88 last year but this seems to be the 1st year for a while he looks fit and firing. Averages 108 vs North but with only Goldstien to contend with in the ruck, he could smash out a monster. Strong preseason too.

Riewoldt: 109 ave in an injury plagued year. averages 113 vs the Cats but a quiet preseason may turn people off.

Selwood: 118 ave last year, getting better every year. Averages 115 vs the Saints but could shine with no Ablett.

Sandilands: 114 ave last year. averages 103 vs Brisbane. Not too sure what to expect, up against an improving Leuenburger. eased into preseason so might come out fresh.

Franklin: 108 ave last year. Anyone who agrees with Sheehan might lean towards Buddy, but not me. Only averages 82 vs the Crows and a poultry 62 at AAMI. Stunning preseason though but you would have to be game.

M.Murphy: 112 ave last year. averages 119 vs the Tigers. Rarely goes under 100 and would be a safe pick. Good preseason, heading towards that prime age too.

Pendlebury: 111 ave last year. averages 100 vs Port. Seems to be the name on everybodies lips preseason but i don't know about a captain choice

And the ultra smokie if ya got guts.

Cyril Rioli: 95 ave last year but averages a whopping 129 vs the Crows! Another player on everyones lips and is injury free, You get my kudo's if ya go for glory on him though.

Other than those i don't see any others that would even cross your mind. There are alot of other players who averaged more than 110 last season but couldnt see them coming into calculations. Hodge may not even play, Chappy may struggle, there's dal santo and montagna but theres better choices i believe. Please list any if you think i've missed them.

Personally I'll be going Judd or Swan but might go Cox if i grow a pair before lockout............doubt it though

Re: Round 1 captain?

At the moment I have Swan as my captain and the only thing to change my mind until then is if he somehow, touch wood, is struck down by injury. They V Port Adelaide at home, he has a good average against them plus we all know Port struggle at the best of times in Melbourne so shouldn't be too hard for Swan to rack up the possies. In saying this I'm expecting him to get 140+

Swanny.

if you don't think Collingwood will smash Port then you're off your tree. Swan will score huge.

Personally I'll be taking advantage of the partial-lockout loophole, selecting Judd as VC and Swan as C. If I'm happy with Juddy's score then I'll change my C to someone like Harris, who won't be playing round 1.

Personally I'll be taking advantage of the partial-lockout loophole, selecting Judd as VC and Swan as C. If I'm happy with Juddy's score then I'll change my C to someone like Harris, who won't be playing round 1.
This, but as I am lacking in Judd I'm chancing my arm on Gibbs who may pull out a ripper score against Richmond.

Yep I'll also take advantage of the loophole then decide to put Swan captain or not. The next question is, what score would you be happy with to not give Swan the captaincy if you use the partial lockout loophole? 140+ for me.

Yep I'll also take advantage of the loophole then decide to put Swan captain or not. The next question is, what score would you be happy with to not give Swan the captaincy if you use the partial lockout loophole? 140+ for me.

I'd take a 125 from Judd any day. Guaranteed, you dont know if Swan will get injured early. No brainer for mine

everywhere i look people are saying making judd vice and then if he scores unreal make a gold coast player captain. surely you could just make nobody captain hence not giving up your midfield emergency.

Yep, I'd be greedy too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what I'll consider a pass mark. Anything over 130 would be hard to knock back but the Swan/Goddard could easily knock out 150+ (Swan especially considering his opposition), so what you decided to use as an advantage could end up leaving you at a disadvantage...

no im saying if judd is your vice and he scores unreal surely you could have your captain on nobody instead of a gold coast player.

no im saying if judd is your vice and he scores unreal surely you could have your captain on nobody instead of a gold coast player.

Ahh k. I'm pretty sure you can only do this if you are yet to select a captain. Once a Captain is selected then you cannot clear selections so you have to choose someone.

Ahh k. I'm pretty sure you can only do this if you are yet to select a captain. Once a Captain is selected then you cannot clear selections so you have to choose someone.

If you've selected a captain trade him out and then back in before the lockout, and no captain will be selected.

If you've selected a captain trade him out and then back in before the lockout, and no captain will be selected.

Yeah, that should work, I was just thinking of the scenario from last year for the split rounds.

Gibbs(VC) Selwood(C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back