2011 Emirates Melbourne Cup......nominations

Remove this Banner Ad

From the updated ooe posted by Seth it seems running a place in the caulfield cup is worth sfa as far as qualification goes while running second in the derby in Chile will qualify you :confused:

It comes down to the original weight against the WFA scale.

As a 4yo S Sun's 51 is -7kg against WFA,as a 5yo G Moon's 50.5 is -9kg against WFA & that includes the half a kilo penalty he got for winning at Newcastle

4yo's get 50kg unless theyve won a 3yo classic (Shamrocker 52)
Clearly Carpenter believed SS had to get something for his G1 placing & that gets him in this year.

For years trainers would do anything to avoid a penalty,not now.
As you can only get a penalty by winning,handicapper believes that this ensures the horses in the best form make the race.
Hard to disagree although I agree its bizarre that a CC 2nd doesnt get you a start but thats where we are now with 15 higher weighted raiders

The one I cant work out is Tactic,how did he get 52.5 kg off a 5 horse Gp3 win 16 months ago?

seth

Is it too easy for some of these scrubber internationals to qualify?

No - most of their so called 'scrubbers' are better than 95% of our domestic stayers - and if our domestic stayers were good enough they would do enough to qualify.

Jockey news:Tim Clark back from HK to ride Older Than Time
Mark Johnston has convinced Silvestre De Sousa to take the Fox Hunt ride

Waller says he may be forced to run The Verminator in the Lexus rather than the Mackinnon although "it would just flatten him,simple as that"

seth

J Cassidy booked for Illo

seth
I'm undecided on whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, but seeing as Jimmy has a great big race record, I'll say it's a good thing.:)

He was riding pretty terrible only a month or two ago, but seems to have turned it around quite a bit recently. I'd agree that it's a good thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm undecided on whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, but seeing as Jimmy has a great big race record, I'll say it's a good thing.:)
I am now putting a straight line through him :)

Yeh its actually a private estate in Sussex which has numerous tracks.

David Hayes says Tactic would need to run very well in the Lexus to pay up.

seth

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Emirates Melbourne Cup......nominations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back