Discussion 2011 Jumper Suggestion

Remove this Banner Ad

I made this for a KOTW (merging an AFL team with a state league team).
NorthMelbourneRoosters1.gif

Then a Ballarat newsletter ended up printing it, saying it was going to be North Ballarat's new home jumper. Some Roosters fans weren't happy about it either.

I didn't mind though because it was funny. Mero's situation sounds a bit more annoying.

i remember there was a thread on the north board about it to

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617226

Isn't it X(giving me new reasons to wipe my arse with a North jumper)Blades?

7383.jpg

This is why. And I think f*cking horrible is being generous. KooGa will go bust soon with the ridiculous money they're spending on the Wallabies anyway.......

this is currently on Fox Sports 1

watching it live, i like it

That basic design is (ALLEGEDLY) what the club had in mind until that fact leaked out and the proverbial hit the proverbial.

As for the specifics: waaaaaay too many logos. Chest aside, that's 11 other embellishments across jumper and shorts and four different attempts at acknowledging the club's split history. Overkill.

Thanks for the advice, but I just thought that Fitzroy deserved more recognition than they have atm. Plus I wanted to pay homage to the other half of us that is constantly forgotten: The Bears.

Plus, most clubs have that many logo's anyway. Look at Freo. Now THATS overkill with anchors.

Disagree.

I've had footy jumpers & logos I've done used in newspapers, on websites.
In some of those cases I would have preferred some form of recogntion for the website, and in the case where the Brisbane papers ran a logo I did, would have preferred they explain the concept better than just plonking it on their back page.
In each case I wished I had used watermarks.
Same with this. There is nothing stopping Courier Mail getting the Brisbane clash jumper, which is uncomplicated and also has ties to their history, and running it without any recognition to hectix.

Point taken Mero.

I chucked out all my old paint designs, now that I am using GIMP... heh... Gimp...

Anyway I made a mess of new designs for St Kilda.
Also the home stays unchanged so no need to make a new one ;)

Away:
NewClash.png

Clash:
NewClash2.png

Kind of bumping my old post so people can give opinions on a few new designs, it's basically the one on the OP, but with a wider stripe and logos etc.

Word is on the Dockers' board is that they'll be getting a new jumper and song next year.

Some theories about Levi's threatening them to get rid of the anchor which I hope aren't true.
If it's a switch to the purple haze jumper then I'd be fine with it but I think a lot of Freo supporters won't be.

As for the song. Singing along to Freo Heave Ho is a guilty pleasure of mine, I'd hate for it to leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word is on the Dockers' board is that they'll be getting a new jumper and song next year.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=759393
Yeh Ive had look through that and I think it is just a bit of a rumour that comes up every year. The original source, that started the thread doesnt seem too reliable either.

I hope they dont even go with the Purple Haze a permanent home, their current home is as good as it gets and as the saying goes if it isnt broken dont try and fix it.

Looks like it's real and they're replacing the anchor with the triple V.
Very bad move in my opinion (if true). The anchor has become a very strong and recognisable symbol for the club and while the triple V look isn't bad it's not the clubs jumper. It belongs to a club that has nothing to do with the Freo of today.
Along with this it seems unoriginal as Port have changed to wearing a V, Sydney have brought back their V with their pre-season/clash jumper and North look like they're going to go back to wearing a V jumper after the bad reception to their light blue jumper.

Stupid move IMO.

Agree 100%. They might get shit hung on them about the anchor dragging them to the bottom of the ladder, but it is recognisable along with the mish-mash of colour weve grown used to seeing atleast every second week.

Exactly if they changed at he end of 2009 it wouldve been original, but what a difference a year can make in AFL jumper design.

Absolutely terrible, if true.

I have nothing against the triple V jumper, but thats not the point. Freo have grown an iconic design/image to not just the AFL but sport in general.They'd be throwing away their whole identity that they have created in their fifteen years. I am a huge advocate for the anchor and always will be, I'd hate to see it go.

Have a read on the Freo Forum. It looks like it is out of their control, a clothing company has naming rights to dockers being linked with an anchor... therefore Freo need to change one of the criteria so a law suit is avoided. I personally like the anchor, it's original and unique without being over-the-top and douchey. Although i do think they should drop the green and red.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkk.

This is absolutely disgraceful. Sure, a clothing company just wants as much cash as possible, and the FFC board had almost no say.. but ****ing hell.. I can't get over this. **** **** **** ****.

Time to boycott Levi's I think. Even though they're the only skinny jeans I can wear...

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2011 Jumper Suggestion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back