2011 Membership information

Remove this Banner Ad

Mmmm, not sure what I'll do yet regarding my membership.

I was Silver AFL + Social Club this year, and got to both grand finals, but frankly I don't believe the club when they say Captains + Social Club members will go into the ballot for next season's grandfinal (if we were to make it) seats since I reckon Legends members will take the full allocation. On the other hand, the seats left for Legends members aren't as good as where I can sit as an AFL member, so basically I'd be paying $500odd bucks just to ensure a possible grand final seat.

So basically, I'm not sure if I should upgrade my Social Club to Legends, or just be content in knowing I saw this years flag and just keep Silver AFL and wait for my full AFL membership.

Damn decisions!

As an AFL silver member, the same as me, you save $320 on a Legend's membership which basicall pays for your AFL silver membership, give or take.

Is it one supporter kit per member?

I bought 2, one for me and one for my son. We are both Legend's members but figured it was easier to do it in one transaction. The system didn't complain and it went through OK.

I cannot believe the price of our memberships. As a silver AFL member I was looking at upgrading to reserved seats or captains or a legends membership etc. but dont think I will be. The membership prices are the most excessive in the AFL. I looked around at other clubs and they are paying a lot less and getting better options to choose from. Also our prices for memberships are up to shit as well. An Adult 18 game season ticket membership costs $320 and a concession 18 game season ticket membership only $155 and yet for reserved seating the cost is $320 for concession and $340 for an adult (only $20 difference). Go figure!!! For the richest club in the AFL with the largest membership base and most loyal supporters the least the club could do is put membership prices down just a tad, in line with other AFL clubs. Disappointed.

Going to be a very tough decision. Legends is so much money, but I desperately want to go to a Grand Final with my Dad and see us win. Couldn't think of anything better.

I went to this years GF by myself which fulfilled my own dream, but would like to share it with someone should we get the chance again.

So either I shell out the
$595 and just sit in Gen Admin when I go with other people. Or Spend $1435 and buy us both memberships so we can go together and have reserved seats. I suppose if you do end up go to the bulk of the 18 games it does make it worth it.

If it was like $400-500 each it would be a much easier decision.

The membership is only a "ripoff" when you compare it to other club memberships or AFL membership. If you look at the Legends membership in isolation you will see very quickly, as I do, that it is a worthwhile investment.

Here is how I breakdown the cost and justify in my own mind that the cost of Legends membership is okay:

I go to all 18 games every season and if I need to miss a game for whatever reason I simply hand my ticket to a trusted friend or family member to enjoy my level 2 seating at the G.

$840/18 = $46.66 per game for the privelidge of a guaranteed reserved seat. I can arrive early or late to any match and still cruise to my seat without issue. I also get around 4 hours of entertainment every game when you consider friendly chat/banter with friends before the match and a brief dissection of the match afterwards. The social aspect really is wonderful and a nice mental break from the working week sitting in the office.

Many people would easily spend many times over the $46.66 each week on entertainment. Things like smokes, booze, magazines, movies, coffees etc....

I guess it all comes down to what's important in your life. I absolutely LOVE going to the footy and can't imagine giving it up unless I have to. To put it simply, $840 guarantees me a reserved seat and six months of entertainment and social activity. It is such a small price to pay for so many hours of enjoyment, plus I get a guaranteed grand final ticket if we compete. I think it is a bargain and I'm supporting my club, not the AFL or the MCC.

I will never give up my Legends membership and I only just signed up my parents and sister just yesterday too.

1 Legends membership
1 Thommo 13
1 Toddler
2 Supporter packs.

All signed up. Shame i only get to go to one or two games a year. but it is nice to know i can go if i want :).

Go Pies.

As one of those that upgraded to Legends' from Captains' membership late in the 2010 season I wonder where we will get seating for the Collingwood away games at the MCG. We have level-2 for the home games but level-2 is full. Does this mean that we will get next-best seating for the away games or is therer a priority for Legends' to get seating on level-2? Not able to find an answer to this on the website.

With the Captains membership, does it still give you general admin entry to the away games?

No it doesn't

It's just an 11 game membership with reserve seat and social club number

Yeah or a legends

Looked at the 18 game reserve seat season ticket? You can get a social club membership extra too if you wish, cheaper then legends but you are priority 3 fof gf tickets

I had the millenium membership for 10 years from 2000. Think it cost around $3000 at the time and was essentially the Legend 10 x over. Probably cost effective in the end. Last year went for the 5 yr rather than 10 yr that was offered so am on board to 2014 inclusive. Probably should have done 10 yrs again as the membership costs keep rising each year

Also got an inner sanctum membership last year which was good but v pricy. The talk before the game by one of the assistants was fantastic. Often divulged tactics and plans for the match. Singing the song in the room after the prelim was magnificent. Pity there was no access for the GF

My 3 sons have the legends membership so watching both GFs with my sons brother and nephew was the best day of my life

Yeah or a legends

Looked at the 18 game reserve seat season ticket? You can get a social club membership extra too if you wish, cheaper then legends but you are priority 3 fof gf tickets

I'm not really looking for a reserved seat, me and my mates stand, but I want to be a chance to get a gf tick if we make it.

In the end I was the lucky that we drew the first time and I got one for the replay.

What would be the best option do you think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not really looking for a reserved seat, me and my mates stand, but I want to be a chance to get a gf tick if we make it.

In the end I was the lucky that we drew the first time and I got one for the replay.

What would be the best option do you think?

18 game season ticket with social club add-on.

Legends has now sold-out according to the recorded message on the membership site.
Sheesh that was quick

Glad i did it all monday

So that would mean I would have to buy two seperate memberships because I go to most games in Melbourne.

I spoke to one of the membership crew today and he said the Legends membership looks like it will sell out in the next couple of days.

Sold out as of today I believe. Cap reached if I heard correctly.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Membership information

Remove this Banner Ad

Back