2011 Official Draft Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im hoping crozier or kavanagh slide to pick 19 but doubt it.

Kane Lucas?

Carlton wont take pick 20 for Lucas, a guy they took with a top 15 pick 2 years ago, 2 years of body development. They would want a KPP in exchange for him.

From mock draft threads I have read they have suggested Taylor Adams or Sam Docherty????

What Sam Kerridge like, i've heard he is a jet and played one game for Bendigo?

Also I'd like to see us trade up the order and get Mitchell Grigg, raking boot on him, strong body, strong mark?

Thoughts?

Yeah I do too, but is he good enough for our first round pick at 19? Or will he last until 2nd round?

I think he could last to our second pick (I really bloody hope so).

Am thinking we could possibly go tall in the first round should all the "big" midfielders been gone..

Perhaps Bolger as a longer term ruckmen or even a tall forward..

I dont know, just trying to think outside the 'box' that Dodoro mentioned the other day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he could last to our second pick (I really bloody hope so).

Am thinking we could possibly go tall in the first round should all the "big" midfielders been gone..

Perhaps Bolger as a longer term ruckmen or even a tall forward..

I dont know, just trying to think outside the 'box' that Dodoro mentioned the other day.

Please no more talls, besides we have stated we aren't after Gunston because we have enough talls.

I hope we can upgrade our first round pick...I hope we can add Grigg or Greene to our midfield.

When he says outside the box im hoping he is looking at smalll forwards in the NT or some rural area that hasn't been noticed and can be placed on our rookie list....

Sebastian Ross (VIC – Mid/Fwd)
Height: 187cm, Weight: 82kg, DOB: 07/05/1993
Recruited from: North Ballarat Rebels
Style: Nick Dal Santo
Player comparison:
Range: 20-55
Profile: Medium midfielder/forward who feels really draftable. Really lively. Has a high work rate. Footskills are the standout feature of his game. Just one of those perfect left footers. Under pressure has no difficulty executing. Really like his tackling pressure and for someone with his footskills it’s a rare combination to have. Can play some midfield either inside or outside comfortably. But really like what i’ve seen of him as a forward most. Hard worker and has been a real improver over the past year.

in that mock he's at 42, which is one after our 2nd rounder

we should try and trade for a higher pick and get either taylor adams, mitch grigg or hayden crozier.

TAC Stars had him in top 25 which illustrates that some of these midfielders can go anywhere between 20 and 40 odd.

Sebastian Ross (VIC – Mid/Fwd)
Height: 187cm, Weight: 82kg, DOB: 07/05/1993
Recruited from: North Ballarat Rebels
Style: Nick Dal Santo
Player comparison:
Range: 20-55
Profile: Medium midfielder/forward who feels really draftable. Really lively. Has a high work rate. Footskills are the standout feature of his game. Just one of those perfect left footers. Under pressure has no difficulty executing. Really like his tackling pressure and for someone with his footskills it’s a rare combination to have. Can play some midfield either inside or outside comfortably. But really like what i’ve seen of him as a forward most. Hard worker and has been a real improver over the past year.

in that mock he's at 42, which is one after our 2nd rounder

Sounds very tempting.

Instead of creating a new thread trying to get my BF name highlighted, I'll use this thread to voice what I believe is the type of player we need and who our most realistic chance of getting one is. Please note I'm leaving it up to you to figure out who I'm referring to.

We need an outside midfielder with tremendous speed and finishing skills that make going to the game more the worthwhile. We need a midfielder who is not only a sprinter but a midfielder who has the balance to kick a goal from 50 metres while running at full speed.

His name is Andrew Lovett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back