2011 Official Draft Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once I posted it and had a couple of responses, I kinda worked out, "wait, we have other pressing needs".

We may even opt for a KPP in the main thing (in the 3rd or 4th round). I think we will look at small forward(s) in the rookie draft as some are most likely going to slip through (Nick Maric, Majot Aneet, Jamie Elliot), whilst most of the decent sized mids (185cm +, 80kg +) will be snapped up in the main draft.
I think it's almost a sure thing there will be a KP in the main draft mix somewhere.

No idea where the depth/numbers are in the draft TBH; it sounds like there's a fair gap in the KPs after Patton; and a lot of midfielders around the same sort of level... which lends itself to going mid/tall/... as we go.

And heck, the last 5 years I've been non-plussed as we've passed over small forward after small forward even with our very last picks... gah...

Still think a ruckmen in the main draft is not out of the realms of possibility.
Depends how they rate Hille's body TBH; I'd probably go another rookie.

Judging from the TAC Cup GF, I'd assume the following:

Greene, Viney and Tyson will be stars, along with Sumner and Roberts from Sandy

Anastasio and Gotch are 2 small forwards that we could be looking for

Murphy from Oakleigh might be a chance to be taken later in the draft

Tomlinson should be taken if he remains at 41 (unlikely)

Mitch Woofindin was a tad disappointing

Anthony Soriano could be worth a 3rd round draft pick

Beech is a solid ruckman

I know it's mostly Oakleigh, but that's all I can remember ATM. I still want either Greene or Crozier first round, I think we'd be smart getting either Adam Tomlinson or Fletcher Roberts with our second pick, and if both are unavailable I'd get Murphy, Soriano 3rd round and Anastasio 4th. Realistically my draft would look like:

Pick 19: Crozier
Pick 41: Murphy
Pick 59: Soriano
Pick 77: Anastasio
Pick 95: Crameri upgrade

ideally i would want crozier with pick 19 and kerridge with pick 41(which probably wont happen as some have him first round)

ideally i would want crozier with pick 19 and kerridge with pick 41(which probably wont happen as some have him first round)
It's either Crozier or Kerridge. I really hope Roberts slips to 41, if he does we should jump on him. The only way I can see us getting both Kerridge and Crozier is to trade for an early second rounder or late first rounder

It's either Crozier or Kerridge. I really hope Roberts slips to 41, if he does we should jump on him. The only way I can see us getting both Kerridge and Crozier is to trade for an early second rounder or late first rounder

true but realistically we'll probably just take the best mid availabe at 19.

Kavanagh could possible slip as recruiters dont really like taking injury prone players.

Crozier could slip due to his inconsistency. Other than that i dont really see anyone else slipping to us.

i still think kerridge is a really good option for our pick 19.

markworth is another i really like, i think we should try and trade up in the draft to the mid-late 20s to grab him.

i still think kerridge is a really good option for our pick 19.

markworth is another i really like, i think we should try and trade up in the draft to the mid-late 20s to grab him.

i would definetely be happy with kerridge at pick 19.

if we want markworth we'll have to upgrade.

I think it's almost a sure thing there will be a KP in the main draft mix somewhere.

No idea where the depth/numbers are in the draft TBH; it sounds like there's a fair gap in the KPs after Patton; and a lot of midfielders around the same sort of level... which lends itself to going mid/tall/... as we go.

And heck, the last 5 years I've been non-plussed as we've passed over small forward after small forward even with our very last picks... gah...

Depends how they rate Hille's body TBH; I'd probably go another rookie.

Would you go KPF or KPD first? Think there are some very good tall forwards available in the middle rounds..

Really liked what I Sam of young Cam Valentine in the 'young guns game'. Goes hard for his marks, beautiful long kicking action, seems very much confidence type of player..

Midfielders seem to run fairly evenly and deeply which may see a couple taken in the rookie draft as well as a small forward like you said. Someone who chases, tackles, pressures, has good skills and has clean ball handling skills.

As for a ruckmen, the ruckmen (If taken in the main draft) would be in the 4th/5th round (if we even go that deep.

What would you be looking at from the draft?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you go KPF or KPD first? Think there are some very good tall forwards available in the middle rounds..

Really liked what I Sam of young Cam Valentine in the 'young guns game'. Goes hard for his marks, beautiful long kicking action, seems very much confidence type of player..

Midfielders seem to run fairly evenly and deeply which may see a couple taken in the rookie draft as well as a small forward like you said. Someone who chases, tackles, pressures, has good skills and has clean ball handling skills.

As for a ruckmen, the ruckmen (If taken in the main draft) would be in the 4th/5th round (if we even go that deep.

What would you be looking at from the draft?
Forward, but ones who can go back preferred.

I'm assuming a couple of things:
we'll go for the Fields kid (medium half-back type) and not pay all that much (rookies)
and
at least one of Welsh/Slatts/McVeigh goes
and
about 6 or 7 picks all-up (+ Crameri upgrade)

leaving us 4-5 'live', only 2-3 newies onto the main list.

So the wash-up - roughly in order - is midfielder, KP(F), Crameri, Fields, crumber, genuinely speedy small back, project ruck.

pfft...nifty Nev's kid...
You'd have to check the gargantuan F/S & prospects thread elsewhere, wouldn't you?

QLD, rebounding tall, around the 190cm mark, good kick, supposedly athletic - I'm not so sure, certainly used as the designated kick out of the backline.
His Dad played 150 odd in the 70s.

You'll card me if I put it up, jerk.

http://www.bomberblitz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47937&st=0

And yes, I finally have figured out how to do this, and yes, I am going nuts with it

More a 4th+ round/rookie pick.

Nick Maric sounds a likely type, was (and still am) all for Jamie Elliot as a rookie prospect too.

what do you make of Markworth as our first round pick at 19 as declared by Knightmare?

I personallly think we should upgrade to get M Grigg, has that Geelong strong body ruggedness about him, a raking left foot and could have an immediate impact at our club, i'd dare say he would almost be the missing part of the jigsaw in our midfield.

fields isnt on anyone elses radar, wouldnt have seen his name if it wasnt for the f/s mega thread, he would be later than 5th round, possibly rookie, i dont know much about him personally. if he can play even a bit of forward then he sounds like a perfect project tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back