2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard on the grapevine that Rutherglen's committee in conjunction with a major sponsor may be after Sarau's head. Developments are in progress for a new pie at Parkers with Sarau as it's key ingredient.
I'm hearing that he is very unapproachable to his lads, a little intense for country football and almost certainly won't receive a key to the city of Rutherglen anytime soon.

If there is any truth to this at all, it would be worse after their performance on the weekend. Out of finals contention now.

As we are now at the half point of the season, most clubs who are out of finals contention or aren't serious premiership contenders have started planning 2012. How many coaches have been reappointed for 2012 and how many clubs will be in the market for new ones next year?:confused::confused::confused:

Heard on the grapevine that Rutherglen's committee in conjunction with a major sponsor may be after Sarau's head. Developments are in progress for a new pie at Parkers with Sarau as it's key ingredient.
I'm hearing that he is very unapproachable to his lads, a little intense for country football and almost certainly won't receive a key to the city of Rutherglen anytime soon.

Absolute Rubbish. I know its fun to gossip, but seriously.... Why would the club want to get rid of the guy who helped make the club competitive again (after a disaterous 2007 season on the field)?

I am on the committee and have certainly not heard his position discussed at any meetings

As we are now at the half point of the season, most clubs who are out of finals contention or aren't serious premiership contenders have started planning 2012. How many coaches have been reappointed for 2012 and how many clubs will be in the market for new ones next year?:confused::confused::confused:

wodonga saints would have to be looking not much for a coach to go there when your 2s are better then ya 1s, also heard tallangatta are not happy with theres, with a few of the players saying if he stays they go, that cant be good 3 coaches in as many years, they did struggle to find a coach this year. everyone else is pretty safe i would think

Enough of changing league names, bad/good players last weekend, lets get back to this season. This week. Who are going to be the winners. Who will predict how the this half will play out. Heard a strong rumour that a few rumblings in the DOGGY CAMP with a past player/coach ??????????? Will this disturb the doggy trainnnn.....

Crisis meetings have been held and holidays cut short. Can this de-rail the doggies?

wodonga saints would have to be looking not much for a coach to go there when your 2s are better then ya 1s, also heard tallangatta are not happy with theres, with a few of the players saying if he stays they go, that cant be good 3 coaches in as many years, they did struggle to find a coach this year. everyone else is pretty safe i would think
You would think Mark Nichol would be a logical replacement as Tallangatta coach if they went for a local. He has nothing left to prove at Bullioh, wouldn't be over expensive and maybe keen to step up in standard. Might help Tallangatta to hold onto their kids, Clint Reid would be an option too. Wodonga Saints on the other hand will find it extremly tough to find a coach willing to take on a side that hasn't won a game in almost 3 years. Maybe a non-playing coach eg. Rat Smith, Simon Bone but it would be a long shot. Good luck to them anyway:thumbsu:

Enough of changing league names, bad/good players last weekend, lets get back to this season. This week. Who are going to be the winners. Who will predict how the this half will play out. Heard a strong rumour that a few rumblings in the DOGGY CAMP with a past player/coach ??????????? Will this disturb the doggy trainnnn.....
don't know who this would be

Big game this week between Mitta and Barny. Wouldnt think their would be much in it. Latest mail on the DOGGIE rumour is that, IT IS NOT A RUMOUR,but a lot of thruth. Anyway good luck to them sorting that out. Anyone got big dollars, they might have a handy midfielder later in the year.......

You would think Mark Nichol would be a logical replacement as Tallangatta coach if they went for a local. He has nothing left to prove at Bullioh, wouldn't be over expensive and maybe keen to step up in standard. Might help Tallangatta to hold onto their kids, Clint Reid would be an option too. Wodonga Saints on the other hand will find it extremly tough to find a coach willing to take on a side that hasn't won a game in almost 3 years. Maybe a non-playing coach eg. Rat Smith, Simon Bone but it would be a long shot. Good luck to them anyway:thumbsu:

Not sure that there's any love lost between Nichol/Bullioh & Tallangatta. He is more likely to take a break from coaching. One thing's for sure, they definitely have to replace their current coach. Wodonga Saints do too, but unfortunately he is in the 2nd year of a 3 year deal, so it's more than likely he will be staying. Wahgunyah's coach in his 2nd year, will probably go again although he will turn 40 next year so they might look at someone younger. Conway done 2 years at Mitta so they will probably look around, not sure they knew they were getting a non playing coach when they signed him, you would think a playing coach would serve them better. Richo done 2 years at Kiewa, they will certainly look for new blood I would think. DeMarte done 2 years at Barny, but seems to have them going alright will probably stay on. Pritchard in his 3rd year at Beechworth, would think that would see him out. Twycross 2nd year at Dederang, would think they would look for a playing coach, maybe Daniel Bradshaw will join his brother at Dederang and trump the Hume League Spiders. The Polariser down at Rutherglen has been there a while, can't even remember who coached them before him, good last year but disappointing this year so who knows. The Chiltern boy is in his 2nd year and hasn't really attracted success, they will probably look elsewhere, and Yack & Thurgoona have first year coaches who are doing alright, although Clayton may have been a 1 year job till their next man is ready.
I think I got them all, I have no inside knowledge, just my opinion, feel free to add if you know anything or have an opinion on where the clubs should go with their coaching appointments next year.

Not sure that there's any love lost between Nichol/Bullioh & Tallangatta. He is more likely to take a break from coaching. One thing's for sure, they definitely have to replace their current coach. Wodonga Saints do too, but unfortunately he is in the 2nd year of a 3 year deal, so it's more than likely he will be staying.
At the end of the day contracts aren't worth the napkin they are written on. Any club battling down at the end of the ladder eg. Saints, Swampool in the O and K, Corryong in the Upper Murray needs to be doing something to either the coaching and/or playing personal to improve their on field fortunes otherwise they can only fall deeper in the mire. Its not just about recruiting new players to a club but also retaining onto the talented ones they have, particulary the juniors. Otherwise the stronger clubs will pick off the only talent you have. Unfortunitely it doesn't matter if your club has Mick Malthouse if he cant recruit new players on field performances generally don't improve.

Not sure that there's any love lost between Nichol/Bullioh & Tallangatta. He is more likely to take a break from coaching. One thing's for sure, they definitely have to replace their current coach. Wodonga Saints do too, but unfortunately he is in the 2nd year of a 3 year deal, so it's more than likely he will be staying. Wahgunyah's coach in his 2nd year, will probably go again although he will turn 40 next year so they might look at someone younger. Conway done 2 years at Mitta so they will probably look around, not sure they knew they were getting a non playing coach when they signed him, you would think a playing coach would serve them better. Richo done 2 years at Kiewa, they will certainly look for new blood I would think. DeMarte done 2 years at Barny, but seems to have them going alright will probably stay on. Pritchard in his 3rd year at Beechworth, would think that would see him out. Twycross 2nd year at Dederang, would think they would look for a playing coach, maybe Daniel Bradshaw will join his brother at Dederang and trump the Hume League Spiders. The Polariser down at Rutherglen has been there a while, can't even remember who coached them before him, good last year but disappointing this year so who knows. The Chiltern boy is in his 2nd year and hasn't really attracted success, they will probably look elsewhere, and Yack & Thurgoona have first year coaches who are doing alright, although Clayton may have been a 1 year job till their next man is ready.
I think I got them all, I have no inside knowledge, just my opinion, feel free to add if you know anything or have an opinion on where the clubs should go with their coaching appointments next year.

i think DeMarte will deff stay, at the start of year everyone had them outside the top 5 and by abit to, with the draw the have on the run home they should finish maybe top 3 so that puts him in the running for coach of the year. with all the players that left yack and whats left clayton has done a good job. chiltern cant get players there, had 2 years and whats he picked up lamb, that went with him as a coach anyway..
saints should get rid of theres, try get a coach that can bring a group with him, they wont b the best but maybe the 150 point losses might drop down abit. tallangatta will b the next saints if they keep the coach dont think the bullioh coach would wanna do it. bradshaw would not coach and the hume are all cashed up trying to get him what will matt do???? i think all coaches except the hoppers and saints are all good

Wodonga Saints do too, but unfortunately he is in the 2nd year of a 3 year deal, so it's more than likely he will be staying.
sorry, there's no 3 year deal :thumbsdown:

Saints have taken some big steps forward off the ground this year and will continue to build and Manny has done a lot of work around the club to help make this happen. Manny as a coach has always had the clubs interests at heart and been very passionate about getting the most out of his players and building the club. He has seen the need for the club to recruit a new coach and some senior players to ensure the club moves forward and up in the next season. The reserves are traveling along nicely and will only get better next year, so recruiting seniors players will only make them stronger.

He as current coach has taken it upon himself, to help the club find a replacement for next year to make sure the club keeps building and moving forward. He’s asked the committee, players, coaches, anyone and everyone to help do their best to find the right person for the job and the club will use every avenue it can to try its best to get the right person for the job.

His done a great job over the past couple of years with what his had to deal with, but just hasn’t been able to recruit the players necessary to build a stronger more competitive team. There’s a lot of young players around the club and the club is doing it best to keep retaining and promoting them. But the goal for the club at the moment is to get a coach that wants to take the club from the bottom to the top. No body said it would be easy, but it would be an awesome challenge to accept. Hopefully we can get someone on board willing and able, that will get use some wins on the board.:)

well went and saw Barny V Rutherglen last week. With Monkey Magic kicking goals from all over the ground but not in front.I thought they woulod have been looking for him at every chance but they didn't. Rutherglen do have some very young and skinny kids but will be right in a few years. Seymour is a standout in that team and does alot.Maybe he should coach them next year???

Gee Rutherglen's fullback made Monkey Magic look clean shaving.:D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big game this week between Barny and Wahgunyah. Barny seem to be flying at the moment but the lions continue to win and impress. From second last to 2nd at the moment, thats not a bed effort either. The doggies continue to cruise along. Can any side upset them on the way home.........

Big game this week between Barny and Wahgunyah. Barny seem to be flying at the moment but the lions continue to win and impress. From second last to 2nd at the moment, thats not a bed effort either. The doggies continue to cruise along. Can any side upset them on the way home.........

doggies look good lions and tigers should be a good game kiewa have a lot of injurys and still seem to be getting job done. mitta might have something to say about it all after splashing the cash around at raiders ex full back ( quite on the weekend) luke martin so much for a team that doesn't pay players

doggies look good lions and tigers should be a good game kiewa have a lot of injurys and still seem to be getting job done. mitta might have something to say about it all after splashing the cash around at raiders ex full back ( quite on the weekend) luke martin so much for a team that doesn't pay players

I heard that he was chasing big dollars to get him over the line.

Absolute Rubbish. I know its fun to gossip, but seriously.... Why would the club want to get rid of the guy who helped make the club competitive again (after a disaterous 2007 season on the field)?

I am on the committee and have certainly not heard his position discussed at any meetings

Interesting reading in the paper this morning General Banter with Sarau pulling the pin on Rutherglen. Even more interesting he goes down taking a swipe at your players on his way.

I heard that he was chasing big dollars to get him over the line.

he put himself out to the highest bidder and can garanteee he was made an offer to good to refuse, not sure if a bloke who cant train and doesnt get involved in the club at all is worth the $800.00 plus he is getting and what desperate club offers to pay for finals games

Interesting reading in the paper this morning General Banter with Sarau pulling the pin on Rutherglen. Even more interesting he goes down taking a swipe at your players on his way.

Reading specific words in a newspaer article doesnt always convey the desired context, tone or intent. I think the point he was trying to make was thet he felt he wasnt getting the best out of some of us.

Its disappointing to lose the coaching services of a person of Mark's calibre and experience. But thats the cycle of a football club, life goes on. The club has been extremely fortunate to have had him for 4 seasons. There is no doubt he has helped send the club back in the right direction as far as on-field performance is concerned.

As for some of his "controversies", people need to simply remember that most of it stemmed from simply having an opinion (like everyone else does). Being asked a question and answering honestly does not mean he should be hatred for it. Its up to other individuals to agree/disagree as they see fit.

Bottom line is, the guy can coach. He knows his football, is an excellent teacher and has always promoted the club (and the sponsors) fantastically.

Wahgunyah defs havin a look around rang a mate of mine.

big dollars, pretty much rang clubs to see if they could better other teams offers, then the mighty mitta (we never pay anyone) coach narra just said here is the dollars mate see ya this week.

I dont mind if players get a competitive price for their services, its just the way its done now. I dont like it, but its the way we have let local footy get.

I have seen Luke play a few times and dont get me wrong. He is a very good player. A massive kick and is very strong! But not an $800+ player. I would say $400-600 TOPS! Depending on the team and if they are in finals action or not.

Mitta must have saved all their money for a player like him. My concern would be, that he shops Mitta around in 10 weeks time when the season is over.
Did he sign on for 2012 season as well?

I dont mind if players get a competitive price for their services, its just the way its done now. I dont like it, but its the way we have let local footy get.

I have seen Luke play a few times and dont get me wrong. He is a very good player. A massive kick and is very strong! But not an $800+ player. I would say $400-600 TOPS! Depending on the team and if they are in finals action or not.

Mitta must have saved all their money for a player like him. My concern would be, that he shops Mitta around in 10 weeks time when the season is over.
Did he sign on for 2012 season as well?

dont think he would of signed for 2012 by the sounds of him, he will be shopping himself around again. mitta have not just saved the cash for one player they would be spending a packet up there (stewart, olsen, cox, fraser) just to name a few, would wanna go deep into finals now. martin up there with highest paid in comp with pierri and wahgunyah going to get a better return from the big fella

dont think he would of signed for 2012 by the sounds of him, he will be shopping himself around again. mitta have not just saved the cash for one player they would be spending a packet up there (stewart, olsen, cox, fraser) just to name a few, would wanna go deep into finals now. martin up there with highest paid in comp with pierri and wahgunyah going to get a better return from the big fella

It's alot of cash but it's only for the rest of the season.So if you break it down over the whole season he might have been on $400 to $500 a week??

On Pierri heard he cracked the shits last week and quit at 3/4 time and drive home?? Something about not kicking the ball to him!!!

Barny V Wahgunyah this week will be a cracker.Who will kick the most between Monkey Magic and Plugger ( if he plays ) ???

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back