2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

It's alot of cash but it's only for the rest of the season.So if you break it down over the whole season he might have been on $400 to $500 a week??

On Pierri heard he cracked the shits last week and quit at 3/4 time and drive home?? Something about not kicking the ball to him!!!

Barny V Wahgunyah this week will be a cracker.Who will kick the most between Monkey Magic and Plugger ( if he plays ) ???

Surely Martin would be expecting around that mark $$$ wise if he was to stay on at mitta next season.. Did he end up playing this week? if so how did he go?

Thats pretty bad about Pierri if true, although i would find it hard to believe.

My money is on Monkey Magic to kick 8 :D

Went and watched BARNY play the LIONS. PIERRI played, kicked 5 and dominated, particularly in the second half with strong marks and goals. He looked full of smiles after the game. So one would assume he is very happy especially with his club sitting second. Looks the five may be taking shape, but looks all about who will finish where now.

Went and watched BARNY play the LIONS. PIERRI played, kicked 5 and dominated, particularly in the second half with strong marks and goals. He looked full of smiles after the game. So one would assume he is very happy especially with his club sitting second. Looks the five may be taking shape, but looks all about who will finish where now.

How did ROBO go LUCKIE, the paper said he was more then handy, very good win by the lions, it may be your year.

Must have been a great game. So Monkey Magic only kicked 3 must have left his cloud behind this week. So Pierri played well that's great and sometimes you hear ( write )things which don't seem to be right but you never know!!!

Is Wahgunyah the second best side in it?

how do people see the finals panning out?

Only six teams can make it from here and if Barny can knock off Beechworth when they meet later in the season you'd think the five is just about set.

I'm still tipping a Thurgoona v Kiewa Sandy Creek G/F.

Having said that, Mitta, Barny or Wahgunyah wouldn't look out of place either in the decider.

great for the comp that all five finals teams are a chance.

Thurgoona still under the odds favourites IMO though.

Is Wahgunyah the second best side in it?

how do people see the finals panning out?

Only six teams can make it from here and if Barny can knock off Beechworth when they meet later in the season you'd think the five is just about set.

I'm still tipping a Thurgoona v Kiewa Sandy Creek G/F.

Thurgoona vs Wahgunyah g/f with the Lions runners up and their full forward driving off into the sunset with a truck full of cash and never to be seen again.:D:D:D

OK TDFL fans, Albert has done some number crunching and is ready for a bit of crystal-balling.

THURGOONA currently 1st 11 wins have Beech (a), Mitta (a), Kiewa (h), Wahgunyah (a), Tallangatta (h), Yack (a). Prediction 15 wins. 2nd.
WAHGUNYAH 2nd 10 wins. Chilt (h), Saints (h), Dederang (a), Thur (h), Ruth (a), Mitta (h). Prediction 16 wins 1st.
KIEWA 3rd 9 wins. Barny (h), Dederang (h), Thur (a), Ruth (h), Mitta (a), Beech (a). Prediction 13 wins 4th.
MITTA 4th 9 wins. Saints (h), Thur (h), Ruth (a), Beech (a), Kiewa (h), Wahgunyah (a). Prediction 14 wins 3rd.
BARNY 5th 8 wins. Kiewa (a), Tallangatta (a), Yack (h), Chilt (a), Beech (h), Saints (h). Prediction 13 wins 5th.

BEECH 6th 7 wins. Prediction 9 wins 6th.
RUTH 7th 5 wins. Prediction 7 wins 8th.
DEDERANG 8th 5 wins. Prediction 8 wins 7th.
TALLANGATTA 9th 3 wins. Prediction 5 wins 9th
YACK 10th 3 wins. Prediction 4 wins 11th.
CHILT 11th 2 wins. Prediction 4 wins 10th.
SAINTS 12th yet to salute the judge and will remain so.

Feel free to comment, only 1 man's opinion.

Top 5 are set...but too hard to call the order with most of the top 5 playing 2 or 3 of the other top sides on the run home and i reckon any of the 5 can beat each other on any given day.

A very even comp this year, double chance will obviously be handy but I suggest that any of the top 5 are more than capable of getting the job done. Shapes as a cracking 2011 :thumbsu:

OK TDFL fans, Albert has done some number crunching and is ready for a bit of crystal-balling.

THURGOONA currently 1st 11 wins have Beech (a), Mitta (a), Kiewa (h), Wahgunyah (a), Tallangatta (h), Yack (a). Prediction 15 wins. 2nd.
WAHGUNYAH 2nd 10 wins. Chilt (h), Saints (h), Dederang (a), Thur (h), Ruth (a), Mitta (h). Prediction 16 wins 1st.
KIEWA 3rd 9 wins. Barny (h), Dederang (h), Thur (a), Ruth (h), Mitta (a), Beech (a). Prediction 13 wins 4th.
MITTA 4th 9 wins. Saints (h), Thur (h), Ruth (a), Beech (a), Kiewa (h), Wahgunyah (a). Prediction 14 wins 3rd.
BARNY 5th 8 wins. Kiewa (a), Tallangatta (a), Yack (h), Chilt (a), Beech (h), Saints (h). Prediction 13 wins 5th.

Not bad, but I'm happy to go on record saying there isn't a hope in hell that Thurgoona won't finish first.

Will Wahgunyah and Thurgoona be able to handle the size of the ground come finals time? I think that is where Barny will come to shine

Thurgoona will be fine didn"t they miss the GF by less then a kick out there last year. Along with the new players to the side coming off the bigger hume league grounds. Will suit their running type middies and the athletic Donnan at CHF. Not sure if Gunny will be dashing out of the backline though:D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thurgoona will be fine didn"t they miss the GF by less then a kick out there last year.

yep and to be fair, anyone could have won that Prelim, it was an absolutely hideous day that became slogball, not football.

Thurgoona still a clear #1 for me, the other four are all capable of making the GF though.

Certainly the most interesting league up here at the moment.

Experienced Thurgoona first hand on the weekend. Their disposal is particuarly impressive. Wahgunyah, Barny, and Mitta all very capable teams but probably 4-5 goals behind the dogs in my opinion

Haha, well played sir:p

big win's for Kiewa, Rutherglen and Yack today.

keiwa big win wait till they get a full team on the park i still think they have a few out if can stay injury free them and the dogs my tip from the granny. dederang played rutherglen and they have half a team out been hit hard by injurys this year and just dont have the depth to help them out, i heard around the traps not sure if its true or not (fill me in if it is or isnt) that 5 tallangatta players walked out on the coach before the weekends game and with the big chf jack russel playing his last game on the weekend would have to be in trouble now. how did clayton go with the vcfl this weekend yack did well with out him

Hat's off to the Beechworth Football Club, pretty impressive structure they have out that way. Facilities in the visitors change rooms were first class. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Thurgoona will be fine didn"t they miss the GF by less then a kick out there last year. Along with the new players to the side coming off the bigger hume league grounds. Will suit their running type middies and the athletic Donnan at CHF. Not sure if Gunny will be dashing out of the backline though:D:D

He hasn't dashed in years NOP.

The Bradshaw boys will all end up at Howlong as Darren is unloved at Wodonga and Matt wouldn't get a game in their seniors. The Spiders have more $$$ to throw at them to.

Agree with you there Johnny, reckon defenders will be high on the agenda for Hume clubs during the off season and worth a penny too. How the bloody hell could you stop them:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back