2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to going out to Sandy Creek (Bog) to watch a final or 2. Anyone know how their renovated facilties are looking? Hopefully Mr. Sarau will be welcomed back with open arms.:D

mitta to win and the hawks vs tigers game should be good with the hawks just getting over the line

Wahgunyah to bounce back vs Mitta and Kiewa to roll Barny.

Interesting night Monday night with Kay getting over the line and being ineligible. Quite a lot of players ineligible. Must have kept the independant tribunal happy during the year.

Any news on coaching fronts?

Well Sandy Creek was far from a bog at the weekend. Rock hard and dusty and the boundray line that close to the fence that someone will get very seriously hurt.2 Wahgunyah players very lucky when they collided into it. The worst ground and facilities in the league but they continue to play finals there. When will they see the light!!!!

Well Sandy Creek was far from a bog at the weekend. Rock hard and dusty and the boundray line that close to the fence that someone will get very seriously hurt.2 Wahgunyah players very lucky when they collided into it. The worst ground and facilities in the league but they continue to play finals there. When will they see the light!!!!

have to agree 2 high a disgrace when there are 2 quality grounds avaliable in town, why we persist in playing out there has got me beat Sarua just said what every thinks last year and got howled down for it.If you dont get a spot on the fence early there is no where with a family you can see the game, get with the times and bring it into town.Ovens & King smash us in this regard with there final in Wang

Was out there both days at the weekend, and the ground was nothing short of dangerous, with all the rain that we've had recently, how was the ground so dry?

Flogging a dead horse with this topic. Just time to move on I think. Why not concentrate instead on the great weekend of footy. Lived up to expectations for mine both were cracking games. Saturday was a real scrap which was surprising in the perfect conditions. Wonder what the coaches speech was like after the game with that howler could cost them the flag though mitta were the better side most of the day I thought. Barny home and hosed or so they thought just shows that anything can happen especially in finals footy. Another great weekend of matches coming up. Can thurgoona qualify for their first ever GF or will mitta qualify for their 6th in 9 years. On sunday will the Lions somehow lose the last 5 games of the year after sitting on top of the ladder a month out? Lots of interest just in the footy without having to worry about the ground.

Flogging a dead horse with this topic. Just time to move on I think. Why not concentrate instead on the great weekend of footy. Lived up to expectations for mine both were cracking games. Saturday was a real scrap which was surprising in the perfect conditions. Wonder what the coaches speech was like after the game with that howler could cost them the flag though mitta were the better side most of the day I thought. Barny home and hosed or so they thought just shows that anything can happen especially in finals footy. Another great weekend of matches coming up. Can thurgoona qualify for their first ever GF or will mitta qualify for their 6th in 9 years. On sunday will the Lions somehow lose the last 5 games of the year after sitting on top of the ladder a month out? Lots of interest just in the footy without having to worry about the ground.

Robertson's miss was near on a soda. Mitta had the play all day and Wahgunyah could have pinched it in the last minute. Kiewa was a surprise with the Tiger's all over them all day.

Think will Thurgoona will make it straight in although I can see a Wahgunyah winning the next two to have a crack at the big one.

Robertson's miss was near on a soda. Mitta had the play all day and Wahgunyah could have pinched it in the last minute. Kiewa was a surprise with the Tiger's all over them all day.

Think will Thurgoona will make it straight in although I can see a Wahgunyah winning the next two to have a crack at the big one.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a capitulation by Wahgunyah after a great season to finish the way they did must be a real bitter pill for the club, despite how far they have come. Does anyone know if big plugger will go around again next year or they can't afford him? Thurgoona it would appear have one hand on the cup at this stage. If Kiewa get through though, which I think they will, it would be a very tight game. Lot's of intrigue left yet in the season. Good to see they brought the boundary line in a few feet to appease the whingers.

Well done to the Doggies on making their maiden grand final, a credit to the committee and supporters who have stuck with them through the tough times and now a club fully embraced by the Thurgoona community as a whole.:thumbsu: My tip the Dogs by 50plus against whoever they play in the G/F!

What a capitulation by Wahgunyah after a great season to finish the way they did must be a real bitter pill for the club, despite how far they have come. Does anyone know if big plugger will go around again next year or they can't afford him? Thurgoona it would appear have one hand on the cup at this stage. If Kiewa get through though, which I think they will, it would be a very tight game. Lot's of intrigue left yet in the season. Good to see they brought the boundary line in a few feet to appease the whingers.

Yes, Wahgunyah would be disappointed in looking like finishing on top 4 rounds out from the end then going out in straight sets. Has one kick ever had such an effect on a club's fortunes and a finals series ??

Yes, Wahgunyah would be disappointed in looking like finishing on top 4 rounds out from the end then going out in straight sets. Has one kick ever had such an effect on a club's fortunes and a finals series ??
Who's spent the most on recruits this past season for little return come finals time Wahgunyah, Barny or Mitta?:confused:

Who's spent the most on recruits this past season for little return come finals time Wahgunyah, Barny or Mitta?:confused:

Have to be Wahgunyah with big Plugger being the highest paid player in the league, closely followed by Mitta with ther late season pickups costing plenty, and by the weekends result not worth it Martyn was hopeless turned up halfway through the 3rd quarter of 2nds and missed most of the Mitta pregame meeting and they pay for finals games.Nellys wouldnt be coming home for nothing but look to have been in a good paddock to fat for the big ground out there Thurgoona ran them ragged

I know some of the lions boys. They are disappointed. As for money spent, they tell me they would not have spent no where near what the other top five sides did. Thurgoona would have paid a fortune with the likes of DONNAN, COSTELLO, HUTCHINS plus what they already had such as MELLIOR. As for Wahgunyah, 19 out of the 21 were locals or juniors from the club. ROBERTSON and PIERRI only two non locals. As for Plugger being the higest paid in the league, the lions boys laugh. No where near it. One day it will come out how in fact little he was on to what every one thinks.

THis weekend, KSC by 4 to 5 goals.
Thurgoona to win GF by a long way...,

I know some of the lions boys. They are disappointed. As for money spent, they tell me they would not have spent no where near what the other top five sides did. Thurgoona would have paid a fortune with the likes of DONNAN, COSTELLO, HUTCHINS plus what they already had such as MELLIOR. As for Wahgunyah, 19 out of the 21 were locals or juniors from the club. ROBERTSON and PIERRI only two non locals. As for Plugger being the higest paid in the league, the lions boys laugh. No where near it. One day it will come out how in fact little he was on to what every one thinks.

THis weekend, KSC by 4 to 5 goals.
Thurgoona to win GF by a long way...,

Luckie, Luckie, Luckie. Only have to read your previous posts to know you are a Wahgunyah guy.

They have played twice this year and both times been dogs by around the 1 goal mark if I'm not mistaken, so definitely give Kiewa a very good chance. They are in flying form at the moment, dogs with a week off would be very nervous going into their first GF. I'd go so far to say it's a flip of the coin but if pushed I'd say Kiewa by 2 goals. Pencil in an epic

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back