2011 Top 8 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Q. How do you know if your team is terrible??
A. 6 Pages of sooking without a supporter putting up a ladder = Essendon!

Collingwood -19 wins
Geelong - 16 wins
Bulldogs - 15 wins
Saints - 14 wins
Freo - 13 wins
Swans - 13 wins
Roos- 13 wins
Hawks - 12 wins

Crows - 11 wins
Melbourne - 11 wins
Carlton - 10 wins
Port - 9 wins
Richmond - 8 wins
WCE - 8 wins
Essendon - 6 wins
Brisbanne - 6 wins
Gold Coast - 4 wins

Agree with this. Hawks 08 were awesome. Would of accounted for the pies easily this year IMO

im almost positive that we had a better year in 2010 than the hawks of 08

Full credit to them, they were terrific and took their opportunities when they were there. However even Al Clarkson admitted they were lucky with how poorly geelong converted on GF day...doubt anyone can say the same of collingwood this yr

I seriously doubt the Hawks of 08 would "easily account" for the 2010 pies. However to each their own.

I think i posted my Top 8 in another thread but ill re post it here:

1. Collingwood (Still think were good enough to finish first)
2. St Kilda (Cant see how theyd be any worse off this season)
3. Hawthorn (A good start to the season will see them in the top 4)
4. Geelong (Still one of the better teams in the comp, should finish top 4)
5. Sydney (Do not underestimate these blokes, they will be seriously good if injury free)
6. Bulldogs (I can see these guys finishing anywhere between 3-7, all depends on how they start i recon)
7. Freo (Again, not sure where theyll finish, but i think they'll be around the same area)
8. Carlton (I'd imagine theyd be staying in the 8 next season but theyll have some stiff competition)

Don't worry about 2010 :cool:

Our forward line is:
griffiths(198cm) reiwoldt(195cm) taylor(189cm)
morton(186cm) post(195cm) king(178cm)

If Richmond had that forward line against us then clearly we won't have anything to worry about. :cool:

One good forward, a useless midget, an average player and the rest are kids who haven't shown anything special. It highlights why the tiggers are so desperate to pick up Brad Miller :eek:

the mighty T said:
Fully fit, Bock is arguably the best CHB in the comp

He probably was at one point, the year he won the Crows B&F.

The question as posed was, however, how much would the Crows miss Bock? From that point of view the answer is ... not at all, he was barely contributing anything when he left. Possibly he was even a liability towards the end of 2010 when his return kept Davis out of the side. The Crows were doing better with Davis in and Bock out, quite frankly.

If Richmond had that forward line against us then clearly we won't have anything to worry about. :cool:

One good forward, a useless midget, an average player and the rest are kids who haven't shown anything special. It highlights why the tiggers are so desperate to pick up Brad Miller :eek:

Brad Green had his first really good season as a forward and he's 30. He'll be retired soon ;)
I'll take Reiwoldt and Morton thanks :cool:
Griffiths and Post have shown something, just like Watts has played 3 good games :)
Taylor could be a gem for all you know and Kingy is pretty decent as a forward. Miller will be on the rookie list and may not get a game if Griffiths and Post are fit. He'll have to rely on a season ending injury to have a chance of being elevated

From the majority of opinions, i guess we better rebuild again!:eek:

Its crazy, 2009 everyone vastly overrated us, we were in half of the top 4 predicitons. Finish 7th with a very young team and a gun FF.

Lose Fev for 2010 and half of the predictions have Carlton bottom 4. Finish 8th with significant improvement shown by a lot of players all over the ground.

2011 is going to be exactly the same team next year, with key re-inclusions Krezuer, Houlihan, Lucas, fully fit Bower, fully fit Murphy. I seriously doubt Carlton will go backwards. May well finish about the same again but with the fairly easy draw Carlton got, low bottom 9 won't happen.

Brad Green had his first really good season as a forward and he's 30. He'll be retired soon ;)
I'll take Reiwoldt and Morton thanks :cool:
Griffiths and Post have shown something, just like Watts has played 3 good games :)
Taylor could be a gem for all you know and Kingy is pretty decent as a forward. Miller will be on the rookie list and may not get a game if Griffiths and Post are fit. He'll have to rely on a season ending injury to have a chance of being elevated

Strip all this crap away and you're left with the fact that Richmond need Brad Miller, who is a dud. You can try and sugar wrap that anyway that you like, but how desperate must the Richmond footy department be if they're even considering Brad Miller?

Good luck with that :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strip all this crap away and you're left with the fact that Richmond need Brad Miller, who is a dud. You can try and sugar wrap that anyway that you like, but how desperate must the Richmond footy department be if they're even considering Brad Miller?

Good luck with that :eek:

He's there's for insurance. Dunno why Melbourne got rid of him with such a midget forward line. 80% of your options are 6'2" lol. You only have Watts who's a true key position height. Dunn and Bate are 3rd and 4th medium talls. You are the new Bulldogs, just too short to challenge :cool:

2 years too early...
a premierships is a premiership it never come to early.

well hear is my top 8/10 :p

I think the premiership will come from this group
Fremantle
St.Kilda
Collingwood

I think these teams will contend for the top 4
Geelong
Hawthorn
Adelaide

Still strong teams but i don't think they can make the top 4.
Western Bulldogs
Sydney
Melbourne
North Melbourne

Western Bulldogs sliding down is a big call but i think it will happen.
Geelong, Hawthorn and Adelaide are good teams hard to rate they could go ether way.
St.Kilda went though a lot this year and made the Grand final i doubt they will go though as much in 2011 so top 2 finish for me.
Collingwood to still be a powerhouse but will only push for a top 4 finish they will rest players prepare them selves for finals.
Fremantle have a great young list and some luck with injures i can see them taking on all comers reminds me of the Hawks 07-08.

Grand Final: Fremantle vs St.Kilda (thats more of a hope then prediction)
Premiership: St.Kilda

1. St Kilda - losing again strengthens them
2. Freo - 2010 + experience - injuries
3. Bulldogs - still strong
4. Sydney - if Craig Bolton returns, Bradshaw plays, biased
5. Geelong - no Ablett
6. Hawks - ?
7. Collingwood - to be different! Young list like Hawthorn 2009
8. Gold Coast - will surprise
9. Carlton - overrated
10. North
11. Adelaide - ?
12. Melbourne
13. Richmond
14. Port - ?
15. Essendon
16. Brisbane
17. West Coast

? not confident

Carlton overrated? Are you serious? at least half the people i know and people on this thread think that carlton will miss the 8, don't think that makes us overrated. Just like last year barely anyone tipped us for the 8 after Fev left and we did. Next year i can see no reason why we would get worse.

Im wondering why everyone tips the Lions bottom two (or thereabouts)... We won the first four games of this season and people were debating how we would do in finals. Then we had a massive amount of injuries to key players, especially in our backline, and these injuries continued to occur for the remainder of the season. Players lost form and hope, and we went into a downward spiral.
We have lost one great player (Rischitelli), one frustratingly bad kick who was given a spot in our team many times this year when he shouldnt have been (Sherman), and one player who had magic moments, but thats about it, and was a textbook frontrunner (Brennan). In return we have got some fairly good picks in this years draft: a draft that has good depth.
Also, our young players such as Rich (who was moved inside this year, and will hopefully be moved back outside next year), Redden, Rockliff, Banfield, Polkinghorne and Cornelius will all be better (hopefully) next season.
Im not saying we will be top four contender next year, but definitely top 8 contender. Especially if we have a better run with injuries/form.

1. Collingwood
2. Fremantle
3. St Kilda
4. North Melbourne
5. Hawthorn
6. Carlton
7. Bulldogs
8. Geelong
9. Sydney
10. Brisbane
11. Richmond
12. Melbourne
13. Adelaide
14. Port Adelaide
15. Essendon
16. West Coast
17. Gold Coast

Collingwood should be certainties for next years flag but Hawthorn were meant to be up there with the Cats following 08 but injuries and also the hunger- how much of a factor will it be- it should be back to back for the pies.
Saints will stick around. Roo has to perform in a finals series whilst his in his prime and Goddard Motagna and co have too much class for them to fall away.
Cats will be up there. 7 games at home. Too many x factor stars.
They should sneak a top4 spot.
Hawks with their easy start to the season and more mature bodies should see them back up there along with a decent ruckman older backline and solid preseason, even if you fluke a flag you have to be some good to do it.
Freo to improve and with 12 games in Perth only have to sneak 3 or 4 outside of home to be up there. If they win games away from home early on like this year then itll suit them well come September.
I think this will cause alot of stir from now on. Freo as they hit their prime along with other interstate clubs will go hard early on to sneak a win away from home and then as the season gets older rest up players sure up the wins at home and then have a crack at September.
The Dogs with their easy draw should finish around the mark also. 3rd to 6th looks likely and its only cause of the been there done that factor aswell as the easy draw that will see them challenge again.
Apart from those 6 teams North Carlton Sydney Melbourne and probably Adelaide will fight it out for the last 2 spots in the 8. Too hard to split.
The rest well Tigers will be the best of the dwellers.
Port to rebuild Essendon also as new coaches are in place.
The GC the Lions and WC to round out the pack.

Im wondering why everyone tips the Lions bottom two (or thereabouts)...
Loss of Sherman, Rischitelli and Brennan and perhaps Johnston, as well as some loss in depth players, namely Selwood.

The place you lost most players from, is probably the place you could ill afford to have so many departures - especially if Rich doesn't show some significant improvement in handling a tag over the course of the season.

He is far more exposed than he would've been last year - but with that said if Voss, the monkey, hadn't played him off of a HBF (which coincidentally probably became the #1 position to tag for opposition coaches) we could've seen a quite decent season.

Still a tonne of quality, but you could say the same about WCE (Cox, Kerr, Glass, LeCras ...)

Crazy talk - Wouldn't have got near the '08 Hawks in a GF.
You guys still have trouble against us.[/quote]

agree. pies had to fight hard for the 11 goal victory in the one live match that they played v hawks in 2010. the exhibition match in rnd 22 was good to watch as it underlined what a freak buddy is and how hawthorn are in reality a 1 man team

1 St Kilda
2 Collingwood
3 Hawthorn
4 Geelong
5 Adelaide
6 Fremantle
7 Bulldogs
8 Sydney

9 Carlton
10 Kangaroos
11 Melbourne
12 Essendon