Mega Thread 2011 Trade Talk (not draft talk)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts are photo shop. What are your thoughts?

Not photo shop, you can change the numbers or something around in the domain name to generate any player in any team...not sure exactly how but it's why there's a thread on the main board with Goddard on the Carlton website.

one of the afl techs said yesterday on twitter that there was a bug on the afl website at the moment that was causing random players to appear on different afl sites. all player profiles are on the one database and appearance is controlled centrally. having issues with the 2012 site design.

it must be the AFL trolling everyone, that's ridiculous.

apologies for any heart attacks. will now go be pwned quietly in the corner

Not photo shop, you can change the numbers or something around in the domain name to generate any player in any team...not sure exactly how but it's why there's a thread on the main board with Goddard on the Carlton website.

100% correct, by messing with the domain name, you're able to make it appear as if you have another teams player on your list.

In summary, it's just an Adelaide peanut trying to ruffle some feathers.

Just heard on Trade week radio that 4 clubs are involved in intense discussion at the moment. GWS, Adelaide, Freo and Hawthorne. It involves GWS trading out Jaegar O'Mara and then trading him BACK again. Freo are apparently involved in order to get Mitch Clark so the Lions are involved in a small way. The talks have concluded for today and the AFL are involved as well and are not too happy with what might happen so its still at a delicate and complicated stage at the moment.

Rob Kerr has said if pick 10 was placed on the table then there would be a reason for negotiation but at the moment Freo's pick 16 is not enough.

Just heard on Trade week radio that 4 clubs are involved in intense discussion at the moment. GWS, Adelaide, Freo and Hawthorne. It involves GWS trading out Jaegar O'Mara and then trading him BACK again. Freo are apparently involved in order to get Mitch Clark so the Lions are involved in a small way. The talks have concluded for today and the AFL are involved as well and are not too happy with what might happen so its still at a delicate and complicated stage at the moment.

Rob Kerr has said if pick 10 was placed on the table then there would be a reason for negotiation but at the moment Freo's pick 16 is not enough.
I'm not across what happened today but I thought Freo's last offer was the Palmer compo.Has this been upped to 16?

Also said that pick 16 had not even been offered yet... Freo have to learn if you play with fire you are gonna get burned

I'm not across what happened today but I thought Freo's last offer was the Palmer compo.Has this been upped to 16?

No it hasnt. Kerr said pick 10 would give reasonable grounds to start negotiations but pick 16 isnt even on the table so thats where the problem is happening. It certainly looks like we have taken a strong stance on this and its great to see.

Trade Week Radio - 4 club trade update - Freo would have to part with pick 16 but Lions wouldnt get it. We would get pick 10 from Adelaide. Cant remember what Adelaide would get in return but it does involve getting one of the 17 yr olds in the mini draft, which they are interested in. Clark would go to Freo in exchange for us receiving the pick 10.

Ladson would end up at GWS along with draft picks.

Sorry about the broken sort of info, just typing what I remember off the top of my head.

What about pick 30 for Rhy Stanley from St Kilda ?

Cheeper than getting tippett and if he had a breakout year with us next year then him being a SA boy could help us get Tippett if we ever make another play for him ? He is Def tall enough to be a 2nd ruckman at 200cm and at 22 would be at the age to make an impact at AFL level.

Considering he has only played 5 odd games for St Kilda due to injuries; I reckon pick 30 might get the deal done ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Potential 5 way deal from the trades board...

Adelaide
Gain: Pick #24 + MDP #2
Loose: Jack Gunston + Pick #10

Hawthorn
Gain: Jack Gunston + Pick #38
Loose: Pick #24 + Rick Ladson

Fremantle
Gain: Mitch Clark
Loose: Band 3 Compo Pick + Pick #38

Brisbane
Gain: Pick #10
Loose: Mitch Clark

Giants
Gain: Rick Ladson + Band 3 Compo Pick
Keep: O'Meara
Loose: MDP #2

Looks like a win-win-win-win-win to me.

yep that sounds like the deal I heard. Its all speculation at the moment though but it looks like each club is being fairly compensated for losing what they lose. Although Freo isnt losing much for what it gains.

Trade week radio mentioned Gubby Allen is very experienced and renowned for finding loop holes and this is one I think they have found which would enable them to keep O'Meara.

Just on that possible 5 team trade, if we did get pick 10, would you use that in the draft or would you trade it on again for a an established player? I think if you offered Gollywood pick 10 for beams they'd reconsider if he was available

Adelaide

Hawthorn

Fremantle

Brisbane

Giants

GWS need to give more; as its not like they can keep any of the mini draft players without other clubs assistance.

But pick 10 for Mitch is close to fair I think. Any chance we could sneak pick 9 in from GWS instead of pick 10:eek: Get as much as we can I say:p

Also a Question. Is JOM valued as a number 1 pick in a draft ?

Adelaide

Hawthorn

Fremantle

Brisbane

Giants

Brisbane is currently not involved just yet. Fremantle are in there to grab Adelaides pick 10, which they (I presume) will on trade to us for Clark. Which will we probably give back to Adelaide (along with something else I'd suspect) in order to get Tippet. Not sure who/what Fremantle are giving up, because they weren't willing to deal properly with us before, but they must be parting with something decent to wind up with Adelaides pick 10.

Just on that possible 5 team trade, if we did get pick 10, would you use that in the draft or would you trade it on again for a an established player? I think if you offered Gollywood pick 10 for beams they'd reconsider if he was available

Really ? I would have thought they'd consider beams trade with our compo pick we haven't used...

I wonder what the other clubs think of all this... pissed off that they are manipulating loopholes for mutual advantage, pissed that they weren't invited or both?

I'd say both. AFL didn't write the rule book up correctly, so it's all on their head, in the end if all parties are happy in this trade, they should let it happen. It will get the ball rolling for a lot of other clubs and players.

GWS come out too far in front i think. Everyone else has equal loss and gain.

Brisbane is currently not involved just yet. Fremantle are in there to grab Adelaides pick 10, which they (I presume) will on trade to us for Clark. Which will we probably give back to Adelaide (along with something else I'd suspect) in order to get Tippet. Not sure who/what Fremantle are giving up, because they weren't willing to deal properly with us before, but they must be parting with something decent to wind up with Adelaides pick 10.

Just all part of the swings and round-a-bouts. Freo pretty much trade MDP#1 from GWS, then trade that pick to the crows for their pick 10, then the crows trade #1 back to GWS for #2. GWS is allowed to keep the MDP's but they need to go through atleast 2 clubs before coming back apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back