Mega Thread 2011 Trade Talk (not draft talk)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freo do very well from this. GWS do extremely well! But if we get pick 10 for Clark I would be ok with it.

If we could on trade the pick along with 34 for Tippett then that works well for me.

If not then i'm happy to keep pick 10 and think we could use this pick for Talia.

Freo do very well from this. GWS do extremely well! But if we get pick 10 for Clark I would be ok with it.

If we could on trade the pick along with 34 for Tippett then that works well for me.

If not then i'm happy to keep pick 10 and think we could use this pick for Talia.

Pick 10 for Tippurt is more then enough to get the deal done if not then maybe consider pick plus pick upgrades that they have now or will get for there other trades.

Giants too big of a winner in that. Best young talent in the land, an experienced player and a compo pick doesn't not = MDP2. I think there should be some pick upgrades to even it a bit more.

there the ones that allow this complicated trade to happen. all the clubs help GWS win big, in exchange for all clubs involved to get what they want.

I wonder what the other clubs think of all this... pissed off that they are manipulating loopholes for mutual advantage, pissed that they weren't invited or both?

Heard on SEN tonight -John Ralph from AFL House...Clubs want this sorted, the AFL are meeting and will be make a ruling on these loopholes tonight..Guess it's wait and see.

Not getting too excited at this stage - too many dominoes to fall in the right order for anything to happen.

I am curious about the Power/Cornes/Brogan/GWS situation - hasn't come up yet. Or have I missed it?

Getting Pick 10 will allow us to offer pick for Clark will allow us to offer pick 8 and Cornelius or a player of his type for for Tippett. We get Tippett we will lose Cornelius or Retzlaff.

there the ones that allow this complicated trade to happen. all the clubs help GWS win big, in exchange for all clubs involved to get what they want.

I don't think the AFL should let this happen in reality as GWS get something for next to nothing, for the trade to take place it needs the AFL rubber stamp which champions a "fair exchange" surely pick 10 doesn't equal MDP #1 should another club offer more for MDP #1 say pick 4 then at what point was the trade fair. In summary why do Hawks, Freo and Crows (example) get the right while others don't. if it's for the reason that GWS walk away with more doesn't cut it with me.

unless the lions benefit out of it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:( not good(for us) I thought he would have let it happen to make GWS as strong as possible.

Eddie was probably in his ear, what would be really funny is if the rules were such that only teams that lost players to the GWS/GC can bid for MDP or be involved in the 4 way trade. (And yes i know Frazer went to GC)

Word on the Twittersphere is that Vlad has knocked the dodgy GWS deal on its head.

It seems this is all coming from a Kim Hagdorn fluff piece article on sportsnewsfirst, take of it what you will.

It seems this is all coming from a Kim Hagdorn fluff piece article on sportsnewsfirst, take of it what you will.

Sweet, hope lives.

That said, part of me wants it to fall over so we don't have to hear about what a genius Gubby Allan is.

The self-interested Lions first part of me wants it to work though.

Sweet, hope lives.

That said, part of me wants it to fall over so we don't have to hear about what a genius Gubby Allan is.

Ditto. Cept my love for Lions is stronger than my Gubby hatred.

How will it work for the Lions though?

I haven't seen anything to suggest that Adelaide would be willing to part with pick #10 for Clark. They haven't even offered pick #16.

How will it work for the Lions though?

I haven't seen anything to suggest that Adelaide would be willing to part with pick #10 for Clark. They haven't even offered pick #16.

If by Adelaide you mean Freo... then I share similar concerns. Said as much on the private board.

If this super trade gets up & Freo does indeed get Pick 10, is there a chance that they may keep this & offer us Pick 16 ?

I wouldn't put it past them actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back