Mega Thread 2011 Trade Talk (not draft talk)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beams for anything but pick 8 and the players I would consider untouchable.

Revisit the Tippett trade this time next year and hope GC aren't too keen on him.

Leuenberger can ruck 90% of the game like Goldstein did this year, with McKeever giving him brief spells.

Listening to SEN (I know- grain of salt and all that) But it was reported that the Tippett trade WILL NOT happen, not even on anyone's radar.. I would love Tippett, but this has all started from nothing.

On the Flip side, it was said the Beams trade is HIGHLY likely with both clubs working on it as we speak.

I know.. SEN, just another rumor.. but it kinder goes with my thinking on the situation. Would love Tippett but I just dont know.

Adelaide said Tippet wont be traded, We have shown interest but we would have to offer up something that they cant refuse.

Listening to SEN (I know- grain of salt and all that) But it was reported that the Tippett trade WILL NOT happen, not even on anyone's radar.. I would love Tippett, but this has all started from nothing.

On the Flip side, it was said the Beams trade is HIGHLY likely with both clubs working on it as we speak.

I know.. SEN, just another rumor.. but it kinder goes with my thinking on the situation. Would love Tippett but I just dont know.

Generally I'd expect SEN to be more sensationalist than less. They really struggle to fill in the time when there's no AFL on.

Cos you know, its not like there's a major sporting competition starting tomorrow or anything...

Think I'd be quite happy if we were to exit this trade week with pick 8 still intact and Dayne Beams in our squad. Quite like the idea of the Beams brothers in tandem next year. As for Tippett, I think we are more of a chance next year as most people are saying. By then, though, I hope Retzy and Acorn have shown such good signs that we don't particularly need a new forward, and can instead focus on getting someone a little more ruck-focussed (that's if McKeever doesn't make the jump to being able to be our permanent secondary ruck, which is possible.

Either way, if the Tippett trade is to happen, I personally think it would happen this year rather than next.

Adelaide said Tippet wont be traded, We have shown interest but we would have to offer up something that they cant refuse.

The only reason I could imagine waking up on the wednesday of trade week to picture of Tippett smiling in a Lions Polo would be the fact that next year the Crows may stand to lose him for next to nothing. I personally would feel sick if i was a crows fan and I heard him say "I am a beach boy at heart and hope to return home one day", I would feel if theres no long term aspiration to be part of the next premiership team and the club should move him on ASAP. They stand for a much bigger windfall this trade period than next and if we are willing to give up something decent for his services now, they would be silly to to entertain the prospect. adelaides position (HIS NOT GOING ANYWHERE PEOPLE!) is one commen with a team under seige in the lead up to trade week, the reality behind closed doors might be different. Still- I concede the Tippett trade is highly unlikely.

I like the idea of the 2 beams Bro's together, I love borther combos, and I think the Z Clarke option is gaining more cred which is good to see. Corny will devalop in time, retzlaff should improve (less hopefull), pattyK could be anything- its scary- his a freeeak!. I wouldnt give him up for anything.

my untouchables (Would not give up any of these for Tippett or a pick 1) because the are so vital to the core of out new look team, and so important in reassuring loyalty after 09 are : Redden, Rocky, Luey, Rich, Toddy, PattyK, Beams, Polec (no surprises there) the rest would have to be getting something VERY good in return. Open to replacing clark with a similar option in trade week..

Doesn't have anywhere near as much currency next year, and Adelaide's only hope there is that there is a bidding war between us and the GC....and the GC may well not have need of him next year as their forwards/rucks hit the 3 year mark....

The best deal for Adelaide may well be to trade him now, or they may well get the 2nd/3rd round pick as stiulated by Tippet as their best result....

Doesn't have anywhere near as much currency next year, and Adelaide's only hope there is that there is a bidding war between us and the GC....and the GC may well not have need of him next year as their forwards/rucks hit the 3 year mark....

The best deal for Adelaide may well be to trade him now, or they may well get the 2nd/3rd round pick as stiulated by Tippet as their best result....

I agree completely with this post, which is why i don't understand why we would want to trade for him now.....at a premium price.

IF there is a clause which can be activated next year, why no wait until next year when there is more leverage.

Its not like we will be contending next year so why not get another young player in and reassess in 12 months.

Clark >> Freo
Pick 16 + (compo Palmer) >> Lions

Lions pick 16 >> Roos
McIntosh + Urquhart (maybe)>> Lions
Lions pick 34 (compo Palmer) >> Pies
Pies Beams >> Lions
Davis >> Freo

Lions
Gains
McIntosh Urquhart (maybe) Beams
Lose
Clark Pick 34

Freo
Gains
Clark and Davis
Lose
Pick 16, compo Palmer

Roos
Gains
Pick 16
Lose
Mcintosh & Uruqhart

Pies
Gains
Pick 34 + Palmer compo
Lose
Beams + Leon Davis

Not sure i like it myself but since it's BF and i did the work of typing it out might as well post it.

BTW Clarke will return to the pies for their first round pick to GWS and a late round pick in return.

tippett trade aint gonna happen and the beams trade could... could not get any straight anwsers out of my contacts but the tippett trade is "unlikey" and the beams one is on the table

Geez, the Magpies get a good ol fashion anal shafting in that deal IMO

Clark >> Freo
Pick 16 + (compo Palmer) >> Lions

Lions pick 16 >> Roos
McIntosh + Urquhart (maybe)>> Lions
Lions pick 34 (compo Palmer) >> Pies
Pies Beams >> Lions
Davis >> Freo

Lions
Gains
McIntosh Urquhart (maybe) Beams
Lose
Clark Pick 34

Freo
Gains
Clark and Davis
Lose
Pick 16, compo Palmer

Roos
Gains
Pick 16
Lose
Mcintosh & Uruqhart

Pies
Gains
Pick 34 + Palmer compo
Lose
Beams + Leon Davis

Not sure i like it myself but since it's BF and i did the work of typing it out might as well post it.

BTW Clarke will return to the pies for their first round pick to GWS and a late round pick in return.
As much as i hate the pies they would get screwed in that trade

It will be interesting to see if anything does eventuate with Beams and/or Tippett.

Apart from Brisbane saying they are interested in Tippett there has only be rumor and innuendo -it's not like the players or their clubs have come out and backed any of it up.

I would certainly be happy if we could get Tippett and/or Beams to the Lions providing we don't have to pay overs to get them.

As much as i hate the pies they would get screwed in that trade

Could upgrade the pick 34 to 27, or include the compo for Rischitelli. Having said that would prefer to hang on to compo picks for next year also pick 16 should be used as a replacement for Clark hence the Mcintosh inclusion.

With Clarke's return to the pies Beams could indeed be heading our way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At 27 McIntosh is older than I'd hope the club is looking at.

And would he be in the best 22 at the Lions?

If he goes anywhere he'll go to a club where he's their first ruck e.g. Richmond.

I do like Urquhart if he's cheap.

At 27 McIntosh is older than I'd hope the club is looking at.

Brent Renouf maybe, perhaps more of a ruck than a forward looking at the stats. He may be more gettable than McIntosh but can we carry two traditional ruckman.

just wondering what people think we'll offer up for beams and is it likely we'd be targeting keefe also? Is Beams contracted?

Apparently on his way to Adelaide as part of the Gunston trade.

Fair enough, guess it's a cert that Ivan is on the way out if true

just wondering what people think we'll offer up for beams and is it likely we'd be targeting keefe also? Is Beams contracted?

Hard to imagine given they gave up there first for Clarke, do they rate Clarke higher or lower than Beams?

Been informed by Pie supporters Beams contract expires this year haven't heard anything on Keefe....

Bris get: pick 16 and mayne or ibboston or suban
Freo get: clark and pick 34
Bris trade 16 and hawksley to collinwood for beams

Bris get: pick 16 and mayne or ibboston or suban
Freo get: clark and pick 34
Bris trade 16 and hawksley to collinwood for beams

Is Hawksley going to be the janitor at the MCG? That's as close to playing for Collingwood as he is gonna get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back