Mega Thread 2011 Trade Talk (not draft talk)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like TBD was right. Rucci's conjectured trade was the one that had already been shot down by the AFL. As Cousin Jed has pointed out the article has now been changed beyond recognition.

Most brisbane people seem to have not even considered JOM... which in what position we are in isn't surprising...

How about (just a suggestion:))
Polkinghorne & pick 8 & compo pick >>> GWS
JOM & pick 31 >> Bris

I know its alot for us to give up for 1 player and probably still way off the mark but if he is apparently the next big thing wonder if we could put together something that might give us a chance?

Most brisbane people seem to have not even considered JOM... which in what position we are in isn't surprising...

How about (just a suggestion:))
Polkinghorne & pick 8 & compo pick >>> GWS
JOM & pick 31 >> Bris

I know its alot for us to give up for 1 player and probably still way off the mark but if he is apparently the next big thing wonder if we could put together something that might give us a chance?

NO THANKS! Paying way over the odds of JOM is not a smart move, leave that to the others. How many kids have we seen go bust from his position, sure, some have made it.. but so have some pick 57's. No need to throw the kitchen sink at a 17 yo.

NO THANKS! Paying way over the odds of JOM is not a smart move, leave that to the others. How many kids have we seen go bust from his position, sure, some have made it.. but so have some pick 57's. No need to throw the kitchen sink at a 17 yo.

Agree 100%. Might not even make it AFL level. Jack Watts anyone haha. Besides, we wouldn't have a chance in hell

I saw something on a Gold Coast board, some fans saying they don't think GC will have enough funds to pay Tippett and that Brisbane may be just able to outbid them next year anyway. Reckon there is any substance to that?

I saw something on a Gold Coast board, some fans saying they don't think GC will have enough funds to pay Tippett and that Brisbane may be just able to outbid them next year anyway. Reckon there is any substance to that?
I'm happy to test this theory out if the rumors of us using Redden or Drummo as bait ate remotely true

Re: Official Trade Week News Compendium (no discussion)

So it's either..

Clark for Tippett

or

Clark for Lycett and pick 23?

I'd take WC's offer tbh.

So it's either..

Clark for Tippett

or

I'd take WC's offer tbh.

As would I. Just.

(Bearing in mind that it is Hagdorn that has raised Lycett)

The Hudson 'trade' still has me a tad confused. If Ben Hudson has retired and is getting ready to play state footy, why do we need to offer the Dogs anything for him? Surely this has PSD written all over it? :confused:

The Hudson 'trade' still has me a tad confused. If Ben Hudson has retired and is getting ready to play state footy, why do we need to offer the Dogs anything for him? Surely this has PSD written all over it? :confused:

Pancho: us trading a pick we werent going to use is the same net result as picking him up in the PSD. If we aren't going to use the pick anyway, all it represents is a spot on the list, just like a PSD pick.

This way we can get it done early.

Clark's manager is getting jumpy, has his puppet Hagdorn working overtime.

I'll say. Young is desperate for that cut of his big fat new contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it's either..

Clark for Tippett

or

I'd take WC's offer tbh.

Have I missed something? How is it Clark for Tippett?

Sounds like the Crows are going to make a play for a mini-draft pick. Trading Tippett to the Lions may make that easier.

very boring trade period so far. does anyone know the stance on mcguane? seems we have gone cold on him

Yeah, yesterday Kerr said he was of no interest. Very boring trade period but i've got a feeling it's going to start heating up come the weekend.

If we were looking at him, not 100% sure why. Hopefully, now with the Gunston trade done it gets things moving. Once the Clark trade is done, will be very interesting to see how hard we go at Tippett.

If e trade him for our last pick it amounts to the same thing cept it's done and dusted. But if not we will get him in PSD, providing he wants to play AFL next year.

According to the Trade week page on facebook (lolworthy source) this is a rumoured trade:

Tom Lynch to Adelaide
Adelaide give their 3rd round pick to Brisbane
Brisbane give St Kilda Sam Sheldon & throw in Brendan Fevola.

I'm not even sure how we come into that at all considering Lynch doesn't play for us. Lol.

According to the Trade week page on facebook (lolworthy source) this is a rumoured trade:

Tom Lynch to Adelaide

I'm not even sure how we come into that at all considering Lynch doesn't play for us. Lol.

Lynch plays for the saints haha.

Tom Lynch to Adelaide

Great trade :thumbsu:

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back