2011 WWE Royal Rumble Thread - spoilers

Remove this Banner Ad

their is not footage of taker being knocked out in a real fight. del rio there is. anybody hear the sheamus and yoshi tatsu story?

their is not footage of taker being knocked out in a real fight. del rio there is. anybody hear the sheamus and yoshi tatsu story?

You are skipping over the fact that one of the greatest MMA fighters in the world, knocked out a guy that is a wrestler first, and tried his hand at MMA. With a winning record, for what it's worth. There's no shame in getting knocked out by a CroCop head kick.

their is not footage of taker being knocked out in a real fight. del rio there is.

what the hell are you even on about this time?

WWE doesn't even acknowledge that Del Rio is really Dos Caras Jr, what relevance does it have?

no-one cares about "is wrestler x a bad ass in real life?" these days as much as the 80s

If it had really mattered there would be no Stone Cold, no Rock, no Triple H and no Shawn Michaels. None of them would hold their own in a real fight against many of their peers. Wrestling would be a very boring thing indeed.

del rio getting knocked out could work in his favour in the future when he is a big star and wrestlemania need a gimik match like they have every year he could face a MMA fighter.

I train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Mixed Martial Arts and the occasional Judo class, and let me tell you now there is absolutely no disgrace in getting knocked or choked out. You have no control over it basically what happens with a KO is all your nerves fire at once basically shorting out your brain so it shuts down for a few seconds to prevent damage.

You're what? 12 and youre commenting on how tough a guy is getting kicked in the head by Mirko Crocop? F'ing idiot.

Theres a well known saying that follows Crocop around.

"Right kick- Hospital, Left Kick- Cemetery" he has probably the most lethal kicks in the world today.

just like the undertaker brock confrontation the footage of del rio being knocked out will get around.

And people will see it for exactly what it is - a part-time MMA fighter getting knocked out by one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time, who is arguably the greatest exponent of the head kick in MMA ever. No shame in it at all.

As I tried to say earlier (somehow you misinterpreted it), someone like The Undertaker has zero legit experience, yet that doesn't hurt his credibility one iota. It's not like Del Rio is being built up as an unstoppable monster anyway. He's a cheating, opportunistic heel who has an inflated opinion of himself, similar to The Miz and countless other heels over time. Difference is, he uses the money angle, which is less common, but has been done by Ted DiBiase Snr, Ric Flair, JBL and others in the past too.

Nobody is making Del Rio out to be the most original thing ever, nor the greatest, and you don't have to like him. He's a heel after all, he's not meant to be liked. The thing you can't deny though is that he's experienced as a main eventer in front of big crowds (CMLL draw just as big crowds as WWE in Mexico), and that he's adapted to the WWE style (which differs significantly from traditional lucha libre, both in the ring and in the way they build feuds) very well in a short space of time, as well as adapting to playing a heel, which he's never really done before during a decade in the business.

I'd much Del Rio and find him more credible than a WWE creation (trained in FCW, only knows the WWE style, pushed hard as a young wrestler with only a couple of years experience) like, say, Jack Swagger holding a title. Swagger has amateur wrestling experience, but beyond being accustomed to rolling around the mat and having decent athleticism because of it, that doesn't really mean a whole lot in pro wrestling these days. There's not nearly as much crossover between the sports as commentators make out there is in kayfabe, and people don't care about guys being 'legit' like they did back in the '80s, when kayfabe was still strong, and people weren't as smart to the business. Even so, the only thing that stopped Del Rio from being an Olympian in Greco-Roman wrestling back in 2000 was lack of funding for the Mexican team.

Del Rios gimmick reminds me a bit of a more refined version of HHHs "blueblood" gimmick.

Its not just that he has more more money than you, his bloodlines are better and hes just damn better in all regards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Del Rios gimmick reminds me a bit of a more refined version of HHHs "blueblood" gimmick.

Its not just that he has more more money than you, his bloodlines are better and hes just damn better in all regards.

If he starts talking about his possessions and his looks a bit more, he'll be Ric Flair circa 1986 to a tee.

Finally able to watch the rumble. It was awesome. Really well booked.

Perfect winner. I was worried it would be a Cena/Orton finish.

The Santino part at the end had me in tears. I know there was no chance he was ever going to win, but I was absolutely dying when he popped up. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 WWE Royal Rumble Thread - spoilers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back