Not open for further replies.

Tips Round 1

OH
Coll
OC
UB
OX

OTP where will you be this Saturday??

Also why do the Ammo's persist with Max on Mondays and this new rubbish - The Heath Ledger???
Bring back Jono Horn I say, had both those blokes covered by the length of the flemington straight

Got to agree with you there God. Deadset, does anyone know this so called "veteran observer"? Please. then this ledger guy recalling a phone conversation ad nauseum .

Absolute bantomweights trying to gain some kudos-who the hell are they ?

A lot of people written OS of yet have tipped them this weekend ie Over The Post, Shik Ticker, Ammo footy

sbmt vs old haileybury (10 goals - lack luster game)
scotch vs collegians (8 goals - saunter to be held to 2 goals)
ocar vs trinity(1 goal - Carey most overrated team this year)
uni blues vs dls(4 goals - just get the job done when needed)
xavs vs oms(OMS are a younger side than OX and will be up and about early in the season but xavs still for the flag)

Peace out hombres

A lot of people written OS of yet have tipped them this weekend ie Over The Post, Shik Ticker, Ammo footy

It's because despite what the non-informed write about scotch - it is a great environment at the moment ......don't necessary have the talent to match the top teams but they have a crack...

sbmt vs old haileybury
scotch vs collegians
ocar vs trinity
uni blues vs dls
xavs vs oms

St Bedes
Collegians
Old Carey
De La
Xavs

Rigger, how can Carey be over rated if a game has not been played yet??

At rant from Rah Rah, l agree to that, thought thats what you had been doing anyway!!!!!

ONE MORE SLEEP!!!!.....................

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on Rah Rah let's hear it then?!?
Rah Rah's Rant
We've racked up 37 Pre Season Pages of Big Footy Banter.
Just back from walking the schnoodle on Brahton Beach, its a glorious morning and the latte at the Pantry has gone down a treat. Can we please get Old Brahton back into A Grade, Sorry Premier. So despite this looking like being the best day of summer, its time for footy. I'll resist the temptation to drop into a nearby ground this week, no trip south to St Bedes Mordiallic Tigers for me. They'll smash the majenta's from Murrumbeena today and there will be big things written about them, and spoken about them, especially by the Braniacs after a few cans on the Hill. No trip to Camberwell for me either. Just can't fathom why anyone would want to watch Collegians demolish the Finger Biscuits, unless out of morbid fascination to see Banners sacked post game (thanks Mal). Sauntner to kick 8 on debut. He will be the most unloved star the VAFA has ever had. Not even loved by his team mates, but will snare 80 goals in 2011.
An entertaining game for Carlton 2011 and PreSex at Carey. Welcome to the big time fellas. All the hype, all the banter, and a 5 goal loss to Trinity will drop you back on your B Grade arses. No finals this year but you will survive.
No trip for me to see the students. Don't mind watching the scenery outside the fence, but just too damned hard to get a car park near that joint. De La will just get the points. Rumblings about succession planning will begin much earlier than the succession had been planned. For me it will be a trip to Toorak today. Closest thing I can find to Brahton, and it happens to be hosting match of the day for mine, perhaps match of the year. OM's have talked it up almost as much as The Waynes this year, new recruits seemingly beating down their door. New coach. Have they got a new jumper too - maybe with a map of Tassie on the chest? If anything, maybe a new song? Who needs to hear a hymn sung after 4 quarters of battle. Xavs will be primed, but I think the visitors will be better than the 2 smashings they got at the hands of the premiers last year. Biggest crowd of the season will see Xavs win by a point after trailing, thanks to a dodgy free in the last minute. Nobody will be happier than the mob from HQ, who shout the bar to celebrate. Best year of VAFA footy in a long time ahead of us. Best year on BigFooty too. Mal from Malvern, the Rons (Jeremy and Hitler), the Octopus, GOI, On the Trott. RIP BRockie, the Good Doctor Tobias, old pencil nose - a much more entertaining bunch of scribes than the VAFA record. Its not just you Peaking today Brian, I think we're all excited.

Awesome rah rah
Some interestig selection news drifting in
I will have to change some tips
Ox
Sc
Oc
Ub
Stb

Is Rah Rah the Fish?
Lions
Xavs
Tigers
Panthers
Blues

Rah Rah, thats what we want, love it it. Sharpen your pencil and give us that every week end. Congratulations. Picked the card as most of us did so l guess no suprises, just how each team went about their victories is up for discussion. As l have learnt over the years in the Ammos, a win is a win is a win!!!!

Well, you nearly picked it RahRah.

The Carey boys should have lost by 5 goals if OT had played the second half in the same manner as they did in the first.

Up until the main break the Trinity half back line was virtually impenetrable and I reckon a few of the sponsors would have thrown big money in for a stoppage clearance for the Panthers. OT were fast and efficient and put tremendous pressure on some of the OC prime movers. Add to that a couple of OT goals handed to them on the proverbial silverware by undiciplined acts from a frustrated OC back line and it looked pretty bleak for the OC faithful. A goal for the Panthers just before half time gave them a tiny bit of momentum into the second half.

The first half of the third quarter was pretty much goal for goal and it still looked beyond the Carey boys. Then some of the Panther players who had been such a huge part of last year's success found some confidence and more importanly, some space. They clawed their way back to a 20 point deficit at orange time and the huddle was pretty upbeat.

Some excellent defence work and good delivery into the forward line saw early goals for the Panthers in the last stanza and with about 15 minutes to go they had a 1 point lead. Another minor and major put them 8 points up and it was all up to OT to pull it back their way. They managed to snag one before Huey opened up and as the 30 or so supporters huddled under the barbecue shelter frantically texted their mates with updates the siren signalled the end of a great game of footy.

Not great for the Trinity boys, obviously but regardless of your affiliations it was a terrific game to watch.

For me, two things came out of the match:

1. Don't underestimate OT. They have some excellent players and have pace, although that dropped off a bit in the second half. They suffered in the ruck with the absence of Rammo but when he's back he'll add plenty.

2. The Panthers will have to get the work rate going from the first bounce if they are going to be competetive. It ain't going to happen just because you want it to!! There were half a dozen or so absentees from yesterday's side and they should improve as those players drift back into the side.

Cheers!

Hard to assess Panthers on that game. Totally sheikh in the second half, but totally geek in the first. Which side is going to turn up against the better sides.
8 wins for season would be about par for mine.

OT, not too bad, but still favourites for relegation zone. Prob better than OH tho based on what OH were like last year.

If OT had of kicked straight in the first half, it have been all over! The big fat number 10 for Old Carey seems like a great bloke. The Old Carey canteen is poor all out of hot dogs at half time!!

If OT had of kicked straight in the first half, it have been all over! The big fat number 10 for Old Carey seems like a great bloke. The Old Carey canteen is poor all out of hot dogs at half time!!

Could have! Would have ! Didn't . The number 10
you mention along with Rowe and Parton, turned the game , finally giving Old Carey some clearances.

Seriously who cares about the Trinity vs Carey game? Both are average teams and will not contend for the flag.

If either knock off a good team maybe then take notice, but it's basically Port Adelaide playing West Coast.... Boring.

Seriously who cares about the Trinity vs Carey game? Both are average teams and will not contend for the flag.

If either knock off a good team maybe then take notice, but it's basically Port Adelaide playing West Coast.... Boring.

nah you're wrong. it was actually a really good quality game and the decent size crowd was very involved. but keep up the fine comments champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back