A Section 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah OTP, those of us with an interest in the noble craft of umpiring are not fooled by the rather large corporation you both posses. And I'm not referring to a large company or business organisation. :D

What a pity the VAFA hasn't posted on their website where and when all the praccy games are to be played this weekend.

Ah OTP, those of us with an interest in the noble craft of umpiring are not fooled by the rather large corporation you both posses. And I'm not referring to a large company or business organisation. :D

What a pity the VAFA hasn't posted on their website where and when all the praccy games are to be played this weekend.

Thought they had...

Sorry - could not get link to work but on website under title 'full dress rehearsal'

Excellent game at Camberwell today, OC comfortable winners in the end although the Scotchies were slyly resting key players and ended the game with only 16 on the park.

Very even early on, good hard footy from both teams until about ten minutes before half time, then a bit of fizz left as both coaches played musical chairs.

Peterson (? No 19) for Carey is a standout. Spectacular marking, great turn of speed, long accurate kicking. A real acquisition!

Finished up very happy with the standard of the game and the umpiring was first rate (Danny Silfo back for a year from the VFL due to injury in the preseason).

Hopefully the rest of the season is as good!

Excellent game at Camberwell today, OC comfortable winners in the end although the Scotchies were slyly resting key players and ended the game with only 16 on the park.

Very even early on, good hard footy from both teams until about ten minutes before half time, then a bit of fizz left as both coaches played musical chairs.

Peterson (? No 19) for Carey is a standout. Spectacular marking, great turn of speed, long accurate kicking. A real acquisition!

Finished up very happy with the standard of the game and the umpiring was first rate (Danny Silfo back for a year from the VFL due to injury in the preseason).

Hopefully the rest of the season is as good!

Over the post, was a good game , umpiring ok, still miss some obvious ones. Hope Old Scotch get the time clock fixed before the season starts. 39 min first quarter and guess who had the wind???!!!!

Alinta, don't know where you get your info from. If Old Carey picked their best side there would be 6 maximum who did not go to the school. All the ex AFL players except Peterson are from Carey.

The big story of the year will if the the big bloke who played full forward for Scotch today lines up for them during the year and the story could very well be OFF the field!!!!!

Only 7 more sleeps boys!!!!!

Cant imagine coaches would be playing too much funny business 1 week out. Carey won all 3 games and look good. Scotch will have a relagation fight IMO with battlers Hail and Trin. Carey mid table. Dont understand the Scotchy FF reference? Peterson mark was freakish.

Premiers: Old Trinity

Runners Up: Scotch

Spooners: Xavs (an inquiry post amensty deadline reveals that VAFA HQ has been funding 10% of their total match payments for 15 years)

Woodrow Medalist: Brock Mooney leaves Collegians and joins OM's back after summer in a Buddist Retreat in Nth Qld to recapture form he never knew he had)

Most Goals: Chillie Segota of course

Most Contentious issue: a toss up between Benny G. finally becoming the VAFA face for new major Ammos sponsor Advanced Hair or Gerald Fitzmichael being exposed via Wikileaks for his inability to become a pseudo Gen Y trendy.

I'm out there..watching you.

Hope Old Scotch get the time clock fixed before the season starts. 39 min first quarter and guess who had the wind???!!!!

Hope you get your watch fixed soon! First quarter was 34 minutes by my card, 32 and a half according to the fieldie's mega fancy GPS stopwatch.*

Didn't seem to bother Carey as they kicked 6-3 to 0-4 against the wind in the third.

What kept throwing me out was the time on the scoreboard was about 4 minutes fast.

But the conviviality after the game made up for that.

* 34, 29, 29, 29

Hope you get your watch fixed soon! First quarter was 34 minutes by my card, 32 and a half according to the fieldie's mega fancy GPS stopwatch.*

Didn't seem to bother Carey as they kicked 6-3 to 0-4 against the wind in the third.

What kept throwing me out was the time on the scoreboard was about 4 minutes fast.

But the conviviality after the game made up for that.

* 34, 29, 29, 29

You have to keep the video running with Peterson out on the park.
6 sleeps to go. l glad you blokes don't rate OC, keeps the odds healthy. Unless l am completely underestimating the difference between B and A OC are up there. Only time will tell but l did take a chunck of the $21 on offer...............you read it here first.
Good luck to all this week end, can't wait until 2.00pm Saturday..

Premiers: De La Salle

Runners Up: Old Carey

Spooners: Old Trinity

Woodrow: Brett Voss

Leading Goal Kicker: Brett Eddy

Rising Star: Pat Liston (SBMT)/ Tom Humphrey (DLS) Tyson Hunt (DLS Unbelievable not to be nominated last season)

Most contentious issue of the season: Nick Sautner walks out on collegians mid year

guys,
ventured down to the toffs in camberwell on saturday and watched the A section debutants in Old Carey play the cappuccino drinkers in Old Scotch.

The first half was well quite a good game of football with a few little scraps and some decent football played. The second half was completly different, the cappuccino drinkers seem to rest alot of their elder and better players and gave the youth a run. Im not sure it worked for them

at the final siren i saw that Old Scotch would be alot better side that i thought (hurts to say it) and Old Carey looked alright but just alright. Peterson was just brilliant to watch, quick athletic and tackled well. There were a few incidents that may not have let slide by the players on either side during the regular season. Numbers 27 and 17 for Old Carey had their sniper rifles out and number 8 and 32 for the Cappuccino's.

Anyway 2011 will bring

Premiers: Old Xavier

Runners Up: De La Salle

Woodrow: Robbie Farrero (os)

Leading Goal Kicker: Nick Sauntner (oc) ungratefully

Rising Star: ???

Thoughts??

guys,
ventured down to the toffs in camberwell on saturday and watched the A section debutants in Old Carey play the cappuccino drinkers in Old Scotch.

The first half was well quite a good game of football with a few little scraps and some decent football played. The second half was completly different, the cappuccino drinkers seem to rest alot of their elder and better players and gave the youth a run. Im not sure it worked for them

at the final siren i saw that Old Scotch would be alot better side that i thought (hurts to say it) and Old Carey looked alright but just alright. Peterson was just brilliant to watch, quick athletic and tackled well. There were a few incidents that may not have let slide by the players on either side during the regular season. Numbers 27 and 17 for Old Carey had their sniper rifles out and number 8 and 32 for the Cappuccino's.

Anyway 2011 will bring

Runners Up: De La Salle

Woodrow: Robbie Farrero (os)

Leading Goal Kicker: Nick Sauntner (oc) ungratefully

Rising Star: ???

Thoughts??

anyway

Runners Up: Old Melburnians

Woodrow: Brendan Iezzi

Leading Goal Kicker: Nick Sauntner

Rising Star: An unknown country boy from Uni Blues who plays the first game of the year in their u19

Controversy: Old Melburnians losing the grand final to a kick after the siren from Simon Lethlean, who came out of playing retirement after not being able to coach a three-peat, courtesy of one of the best free-kick acting performances ever seen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Chazz M Michaels will come out of retirement to get OM's over the line.
That old chestnut about players getting paid....man up and recruit players to your club and there will be no complaints, end of story!
HUUUUUUGE weekend this week, Sauntner will dominate as will Brett Eddy, ex Sandy and brother of Robert. Not sure about Iezzi, just tag him and its game over, to unfit to break a tag.
Bring it on.

You have to keep the video running with Peterson out on the park.
6 sleeps to go. l glad you blokes don't rate OC, keeps the odds healthy. Unless l am completely underestimating the difference between B and A OC are up there. Only time will tell but l did take a chunck of the $21 on offer...............you read it here first.
Good luck to all this week end, can't wait until 2.00pm Saturday..

anyone see the Collegians / De la match? How are they both looking?

anyone see the Collegians / De la match? How are they both looking?

This below narrative is straight from the De La website. Don’t know if it is a true reflection of the game or not and I am just posting what was reported. Being a practice game you would expect quite a few big names would not have played. Sauntner did not play and a few of the better known De La players still missing. From all accounts was a pretty good game.

The seniors game was a ripper, probably more befitting a H & A game. Collegians were easily the better side early with their tall forwards proving a real handful. We certainly had our share of the footy but our finishing was terrible. Despite trailing by close to 5 goals at half time we were doing enough in general play to suggest we could turn it around. Both sides put on an entertaining 3rd quarter with De La kicking 5.5 to Collegians 4.0. By late in the last we had reduced the lead to just a few points but a Collegians goals with 2 minutes left looked to have finished the contest. Somehow we conjured 2 goals in the last minute including a set shot from a tight angle after the siren for a 3 point win. While the scoreboard is not particularly relevant it does show that we played right to the bell and were prepared to work hard to get back in the contest. We thank Collegians for the day. They are always a good club to deal with and all three games were played in great spirits.

VAFA ROUND 1

Old Xaverians v Old Melburnians live on 96.5 inner fm from 1.45pm
the unfurling of the premiership flag and all the action live from toorak park.

Premiers: Old Xavs

Runners Up: Old Melbournians

Spooners: Old Haileybury

Woodrow: Voss (Playing in a shit team, will go well for them though) or Carl Pederson

Leading Goal Kicker: New Uni Blues forward from North Ballarat

Rising Star: Brendan Goss (Xavs) or Ben/Tom Humphrey (De La)

Most contentious issue of the season: Old Carey's big name players doing nothing all season and then getting relegated. (Sure to stir up a few)

good call on goss, big wraps on this kid, speedy has footy smarts about him will have a stand out year

VAFA ROUND 1

Old Xaverians v Old Melburnians live on 96.5 inner fm from 1.45pm
the unfurling of the premiership flag and all the action live from toorak park.
Great way to kick off 2011 - this will probably be the biggest crowd all year save for the GF. Do OM's still claim home ground advantage at Toorak Park - they did after all spend a season there long before Xavs followed their lead.

Hi all...... newbie here.

Been an Ammo follower since the late 60s and heavily involved in one club since the early 70s.

Looking forward to a cracker of a season with the usual perennials fighting it out for the pennant - Xavs or OMs would be my picks.

OT, Scotchies and Haileybury to slug it out in the relegation stakes.

Old Carey to surprise.... I hear they've recruited pretty well and haven't lost any cattle from last year's premiership side.

Cheers!

Been an Ammo follower since the late 60s and heavily involved in one club since the early 70s.

Looking forward to a cracker of a season with the usual perennials fighting it out for the pennant - Xavs or OMs would be my picks.

Old Carey to surprise.... I hear they've recruited pretty well and haven't lost any cattle from last year's premiership side.

Cheers!

Can only assume your picking OM's bc of the rumoured new players they have? Big call and may not bee to far from it. Carey for mine top 4 and Uni will produce....

Can only assume your picking OM's bc of the rumoured new players they have? Big call and may not bee to far from it. Carey for mine top 4 and Uni will produce....

Yep..... pretty much going on rumours for OMs.

Forgot about Blues. Don't know much about them but you sound like you might be pretty close to the ground there.

Top 4 for Carey's an interesting one. If they're not overawed by hitting the big time you could be right.

Similar to PresEx...long time observer. Have certainly enjoyed this pre-season on the Premier board with a lot more action than previous years. Well played all.

Premiers: Old Xavs - a boring tip I'm aware.

Runners Up: Uni - with succession planning in place, has the place gone stale or that they've got a last tilt before rebuilding?

Spooners: Trinity and Scotch to punch on down the lower end.

Woodrow: Voss - who'll announce retirement upon receiving the medal.

Leading Goal Kicker: Sautner (despite not playing the second half of the season).

Rising Star: I'm backing an up and comer from DeLa - they seem to be good at developing from within and usually have a kid or two have a standout year that wasn't factored in prior to the season.

Most contentious issue of the season: Does a champion team still beat a team of champions?

My sense is that as the season wears on, similar teams will be there or thereabouts again that have been over the previous few years. Collegians to be the slider. Ladder at Round 18:
- OX
- DLS
- UB
- OC
- OM
- Coll
- STB
- OH
- OS
- OT

Cheers lads, play on.

Cheers!
G'day PresEx. Welcome aboard. Now I love dissecting a name, and I am wondering if you were once a President of a club, or are trying to remind us all of a time in your life which sounds like it might have been a long, long time ago since you have been following Amateur footy for over 50 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back