2012/13 Melbourne Victory Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

All he was guilty of was not knowing what was going on.

Apart from that, he was monumental at turning Essendon's fortunes around.

That's what concerns me, as CEO that's what his jobs all about. He's obviously got a really strong track record, but the fact that he didn't know is an indictment on his managerial ability.

what a fantastic performance from the young boys. just brilliant to see how far some of them have come, from playing part-time football only a year ago to gracing the field with Gerrard and co, just amazing.

Granted, there was more of a sea of red rather than navy blue and white at the MCG, but... The MV website boasts 11,006 paid-up members for the upcoming season. After last night, what sort of a spike should they expect in the next couple of weeks? How many first-time members?

Not sure how many new members we would get, but our performance last night would have helped heaps. Add some experience to those kids, and we are going places.

I thought Coe looked the strongest I've seem him to date, and our back four were solid. Leijer not being captain, may have helped. I wonder if this is a sign that Miligan will be wear the captain's armband this season...

Granted, there was more of a sea of red rather than navy blue and white at the MCG, but... The MV website boasts 11,006 paid-up members for the upcoming season. After last night, what sort of a spike should they expect in the next couple of weeks? How many first-time members?

plus many a person wore red instead of their native bue with white V last night, yours truly included.

so many of us showed support for LFC instead of the blue side.

I went last night. My first live soccer game. Enjoyed it much more than I have on TV. Should I support the Victory?

If you want atmosphere which would be as close to any European league as you would get and a possession based football style that will undoubtedly get close to or even be winning the league then yes support Victory and come along to the matches to see for yourself even better if you become a member :)

Was fantastic last night it was a contrast for me as I am also a Liverpool supporter but I was so proud of our young boys in blue.

If you want atmosphere which would be as close to any European league as you would get and a possession based football style that will undoubtedly get close to winning the league then yes support Victory and come along to the matches to see for yourself even better if you become a member :)

Was fantastic last night it was a contrast for me as I am also a Liverpool supporter but I was so proud of our young boys in blue.

I'm pretty set on it. I don't mind Heart at all but the atmosphere seems like it would be significantly lacking. Plus I want a sport to go to over summer. EPL and NFL are great but they're all at home and overnight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty set on it. I don't mind Heart at all but the atmosphere seems like it would be significantly lacking. Plus I want a sport to go to over summer. EPL and NFL are great but they're all at home and overnight.

The A-league would be perfect for you bring a few mates along to make it even more enjoyable in the terraces, I assure you that you won't be disappointed at a Victory match.

yeah He'll love the Victory V Adelaide rivalry (which by the way is the best in the league imo) and watching us sticking the boots in to you guys like we have in the past ;)
Weve had the wood over you guys recently.
With our new coach and u guys having ange should be pretty good games coming up.

With our new coach and u guys having ange should be pretty good games coming up.
Can you win a match at Docklands though. Haven't won at the Venue since 2006 and you play there again this season coming. May have got the wood over us at Hindmarsh recently but at Docklands the scares run deep :p

Can you win a match at Docklands though. Haven't won at the Venue since 2006 and you play there again this season coming. May have got the wood over us at Hindmarsh recently but at Docklands the scares run deep :p

Haha fair enough.
Cant wait for the new season. We have a pretty good squad (probably one of the best in the league) just hope our players do well under our new barca coach.
Oh and we need a new toilet seat down there at the club :thumbsu:

Possibly, Could also play in defense as well.

Obviously the only thing stopping him from leaving would be if Palace don't offer him enough game time but that didn't stop Schwarzer so who knows.

You won't be disappointed at a Victory game or following us for that matter. We are aiming at 23,000 members this season, and that number alone at AAMI Park, makes the whole stadium rock. You can't get that atmosphere with 3,000 at a Heart game. They'll be 40,000 plus at the first game against Heart at Docklands, so see for yourself then...

I'm hoping to make a trip to Hindmarsh this year, as agreed our rivalry is fantastic.

Remove this Banner Ad

2012/13 Melbourne Victory Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back