2012 AFL Draft Combine - News and Invitees

Remove this Banner Ad

Queensland names that I'm aware of so far
Draft Combine - Boston, Cameron, Bourke, Aliir and Coleman-Broome.
State Screening - Grewar, Wyld, Fields, Clouston

May be some others - Guess will know for sure when all names finally released!

To go to the National Combine, you need to be nominated by 5 or more teams. To go to the State Screening, you need to be nominated by 3 or more teams.

So if only 2 teams nominate you, then bad luck.

Clears that up Chris. Have been asking and getting all sorts of answers. Most common being one and four.

Clears that up Chris. Have been asking and getting all sorts of answers. Most common being one and four.

wally you are right, chris is incorrect imo. 4 to combine & 1 to state.
not to many nsw this year by the look of it.some of the ones picked did not even play for nsw.

I've heard 4 and 1 before (have also heard 4/2, 5/2), but was told 5 and 3 a couple of months ago. At the very least, I would expect you'd need at least 2 to get a state screening invite. No point having some random guy who only one club is interested in turn up.

I've heard 4 and 1 before (have also heard 4/2, 5/2), but was told 5 and 3 a couple of months ago. At the very least, I would expect you'd need at least 2 to get a state screening invite. No point having some random guy who only one club is interested in turn up.

sorry chris but had it confirmed the other day . 99% certain

I think some positions may also get increased numbers to the combine, for example rucks. (even if they did not get the 4 nominations).

Oh, no doubt. The names that have already been released all but confirm that. The 'rules' wouldn't be set in concrete, hence why players can be added up to just a week before the Combine starts.

I would be shocked if Sam Lowrie, Alex Howson or even Tom Lee got less nominations than Cam Symonds. But from the article a couple of weeks ago, Symonds is the one going to the Combine.

Gee Ives would be unlucky to miss out on an invite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah these are the names I've heard as well. Great to see so many Queenslanders, first time we have had quite a few in a number of years.

I've got no idea how Grose didn't score an invite, he has twice as much talent as Fields.

Gee Ives would be unlucky to miss out on an invite.

I think the only team that seems to have any eye on Ives might be us, and the club'd probably rather taking him with a rookie pick (or a trade with the GC for a low draft pick) so may not have nominated him.

wally you are right, chris is incorrect imo. 4 to combine & 1 to state.
not to many nsw this year by the look of it.some of the ones picked did not even play for nsw.

Some real head scratchers zorro. As many kids who were deemed not good enough for NSW get a look in as a TAC cup side(Murray) looking to finish top four(four), or on a personal note someone like Sam Heavyside. Go figure.

I think Ives would more likely than not be a rookie selection.

I'm a fan, but there would be hundreds of kids around Australia with a similar skill set to him.

Yehh probably. Just surprised at his omission when I think there's others in there that he is probably more deserving than. As with most things though, it is purely subjective.

Yehh probably. Just surprised at his omission when I think there's others in there that he is probably more deserving than. As with most things though, it is purely subjective.

I guess other thing to consider re Ives is that with his foot still in a moon boot post surgery, probably little point in him attending a state screening session - they are only a half day of physical testing which he wouldn't be able to complete anyway. Not sure if that would influence invitations or not?

Surely Rhys Waters from Subiaco deserves to be in at least the state combine. Did anyone see his game against East Fremantle this year, when he won the game for them kicking 4 goals and having numerous possessions. Definitely one of the best talents to be overlooked in last years draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 AFL Draft Combine - News and Invitees

Remove this Banner Ad

Back