2012 Australian Open: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2012 Australian Open

And a double fault on match point, just wow. 3 hours and 45 minutes of pure comedic brilliance. Should be nomianted for a Oscar.

i'll check the french news tomorrow to find out what thry thought of this tragi-comedy

depuis toujours, le lutte
^ should be the french working title :d

dont know what to make of that monfils match but i wanted more it was good drama

Go on, then.

Haha, of course someone had to take it literally ;)

This has been one of the better first weeks in a grand slam for a little while, despite some of the smashings on RLA.

I was a line umpire for his first round match. When that ball is coming at you it is scary, especially as it was on court 18 where there is not much space between the baseline and the back fence. Probably only about 4-5 metres.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, nice! Are you doing anymore matches this tournament?

Yesterday was my last day. Did all of qualifying and the first 5 days of main draw. Last year was my first year and only did qualifying. It's pretty cool being out on court. Was on Margaret Court Arena the other day. Got challenged on hawkeye a couple of times and I was right, it is a good feeling I have to say.

Hopefully next year I get more days and maybe RLA or Hisense for a day.

How old are you Pepsi, just out of curiosity? Awesome job by the way.

26. You can start officiating once you turn 16. Highly recommend it to anyone who likes tennis. And it does not take all that much to be working at the Aus Open. I have completed 7 full days of training courses over 2 years, plus about 30 days of umpiring over 2 years. I work full time in another field, the umpiring is just a casual job.

http://www.toav.org.au/

For anyone that is interested.

Yesterday was my last day. Did all of qualifying and the first 5 days of main draw. Last year was my first year and only did qualifying. It's pretty cool being out on court. Was on Margaret Court Arena the other day. Got challenged on hawkeye a couple of times and I was right, it is a good feeling I have to say.
Haha, you're right in the thick of it there! That's awesome man, well done :thumbsu:

26. You can start officiating once you turn 16. Highly recommend it to anyone who likes tennis. And it does not take all that much to be working at the Aus Open. I have completed 7 full days of training courses over 2 years, plus about 30 days of umpiring over 2 years. I work full time in another field, the umpiring is just a casual job.

http://www.toav.org.au/

For anyone that is interested.

:thumbsu: Might do it next year. Was a ballboy for a while, miss being out on court:p

Pepsi, that's an interesting job. Do you ever do any tournaments overseas?

Its really a shame Stosur bombed BTW, Bartoli and Petrova were knocked out of her section of the draw. Lol.

Raonic is very impressive. Hewitt just needs to hang in there, he's not going to trouble Raonic at all, just has to scramble everything back and hope for the best. Maybe try to move him around as much as he can as when Raonic is set Hewitt will be smashed. Not the easiest thing to do though when Raonic serves down 228kmh rockets. Raonic's defensive game isn't that great, that's the one thing which is a weakness of his. However he won't have to defend when Hewitt can't hurt him at all. Will be a tough one for Lleyton to win, he'll have to hope Raonic dips a bit and loses concentration.

I was a line umpire for his first round match. When that ball is coming at you it is scary, especially as it was on court 18 where there is not much space between the baseline and the back fence. Probably only about 4-5 metres.

I was there, I was fearing for you and your colleagues lives :eek:

I :heart: Raonic, he is a ripping tennis player. Get his first serve percentage up to 80 (from around 60 ATM - 45 in this match :eek:), and improves his defensive game as crowsarethebest says, and he may well be unstoppable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back