2012 Australian Open: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has already troubled Djokovic and he was pretty good against Nadal in a 3 set loss.

He can step up and hit winners when it's against the top players.

He can but he hasn't done it consistently. I want to see him do it against ALL opponents rather than just the big players. Instead of slogging it out for 3 and a half hours he could be back in the changing rooms in under 2 hours. He's still young though and he's finding his feet still on tour, but to battle it with the big boys he needs to go for his shots. Sure he might not get the results and produce more unforced errors but in the long run, for him to progress Tomic tactically, needs to pull the trigger more often. Tomic's long term success>>>>>>>current results. It's nice that Bernard is getting some success now but we need to think in the long run for him.

He has already troubled Djokovic and he was pretty good against Nadal in a 3 set loss.

He can step up and hit winners when it's against the top players.
You can tell who the people are with no knowledge on tennis. To say Bernard wont trouble the big guns is laughable.

You can tell who the people are with no knowledge on tennis. To say Bernard wont trouble the big guns is laughable.

I'm talking about Murray, Djokovic, Nadal, Federer. Tomic is no where near their level at the moment. He still has yet to have a full year on tour and is unproven in terms of consistency. What will happen to him after the Aussie Open? If you have tracked his progress, Bernard was struggling to beat and losing to people ranked way outside the top 100. Why? Because once all the cameras are gone, once all the hype settles it is just Tomic slugging it away with 30 spectators watching in the middle of whoop whoop instead of 15,000 in Rod Laver arena and you struggle for motivation. It is laughable that you think Bernard will trouble the big guns now. He still has a lot of maturing to do and it is the wrong mentality to have. For Bernard it should be all about improving his game instead of results. I have no doubt he'll be a future grand slam contender, especially at Winbledon but he still has many faults which need to be ironed out at this stage.

I'm talking about Murray, Djokovic, Nadal, Federer. Tomic is no where near their level at the moment. He still has yet to have a full year on tour and is unproven in terms of consistency. What will happen to him after the Aussie Open? If you have tracked his progress, Bernard was struggling to beat and losing to people ranked way outside the top 100. Why? Because once all the cameras are gone, once all the hype settles it is just Tomic slugging it away with 30 spectators watching in the middle of whoop whoop instead of 15,000 in Rod Laver arena and you struggle for motivation. It is laughable that you think Bernard will trouble the big guns now. He still has a lot of maturing to do and it is the wrong mentality to have. For Bernard it should be all about improving his game instead of results. I have no doubt he'll be a future grand slam contender, especially at Winbledon but he still has many faults which need to be ironed out at this stage.
You dont understand. Did i ever say he would trouble the big guns now. Please you clear lack of intelligence is laughable. Please stick to commenting on the Juniors and let the big boys talk.

If Hewitt wins Djokovic is gonna wipe the court with him. But still it would be great to see him in the 4th round of a slam winding back the clock.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You dont understand. Did i ever say he would trouble the big guns now. Please you clear lack of intelligence is laughable. Please stick to commenting on the Juniors and let the big boys talk.

"You can tell who the people are with no knowledge on tennis. To say Bernard wont trouble the big guns is laughable." I never said he won't trouble the big guns in the future, I even said he will be challenging for grand slams in the future. I just said he won't be challenging them now. Agree?

Raonic is far from a ball basher. He's got a pretty good touch around the net+ he's a better mover than Bernard. Raonic has more potential to trouble the big guns, Bernard won't trouble the better players with his junk ball. He needs to take more risks against Fed tmrw, if he just pushes it in like he did against Dolgo... it might get ugly tomorrow night.

Hewitt is far from a big gun these days and he's not troubling him...

Absolutely ridiculous that Hewitt could make the 4th round. Massive massive props. Playing like a gun :thumbsu:

Shame they'll put his next match on centre court at night also and people will tune in to a straight sets drubbing.

Hewitt is far from a big gun these days and he's not troubling him...

If you asked the top 4 who would be more dangerous of an opponent I think they'd say Raonic, all of them. He has more to his game that will trouble them at this stage. As you can see though, Raonic is still far from the finished product, he's still quite inexperienced. He's more ready made than Bernard to hit the top 10 though I think. For one he's older and his body is more ready.

Hewitt hitting into the net

facepalm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back