2012 draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow if thats true that means the Doggies are going to really roll the dice this year, Very strongly rumoured to be into stringer so if the Giants dont pick Menzel at 3 which EQ was thinking the dogs could go Menzel+Stringer with Picks 5+6
1.Whitfield
2.toumpas
3.Grundy
4.Wines
5.Menzel
6.Stringer
7.Mayes (sa connection)
8.McCrae
9.Vlastuin
10.Daniher
11.O'Rourke - Carlton get a Ripper

Could definately live with that! lol :thumbsu:

Depends how bad they want him. They can want him at #22 all they want but doubt he last that long. I reckon a lot will depend on whether Menzel lasts to 5. If not then they will take a punt on Stringer
Possibly. They definitely won't take both but from what I've heard there interest is at 22. Which IMO is a better than 50/50 chance of happening.

I Dont know why but something about Plowman i really like - I would be quitetly happy to select him at #9

Just thinking a 192-193cm Midfielder that can play foward & defence and uses the ball very well just cant be all that bad.

Vlastuin v Plowman = ?

I Dont know why but something about Plowman i really like - I would be quitetly happy to select him at #9

Just thinking a 192-193cm Midfielder that can play foward & defence and uses the ball very well just cant be all that bad.

Vlastuin v Plowman = ?
Pretty much a 50/50 for me. I'd go Vlastuin just and I think the club has their heart set on him.

Doubt it. Guess he could come into consideration if Vlastuin is gone.

HFF/Midfield. Chapman type role. Will always play more forward but pinch hit middle. We just recruited Knights for this so wouldn't surprise to see us grab a kid to develop behind him.
I reckon this is the role for O'hanlon. I hope he builds up his tank and Knights can show him how to play that lead up high HF role. Showed glimpses late last year.

So there's a rumour going around that we have signed Josh Toy on PRE. Anyone know anything more?

Doozy?

(sorry, that joke's getting a bit old, isn't it!)
It will never get old Damo :D Not until the doozy come through anyways

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rt i would classify conca as an out and out inside mid.
Tossed up about that one and while I can see him turn into an inside mid down the track I think at this stage they will use him on the outside as a link up midfielder because of his kicking skills.

Had a look on some of the videos. Like the look of McCrae and Plowman in particular. Even like the look of Jaksch who is a Richmond supporter. He could be our future CHB/CHF in 5-6 years time when we are in our window.

Vlastuin looks good as well but plays too much like Dimma or Johnson of Collingwood for my liking. Nothing wrong with that as he will be a player of high quality and should be highly effective at AFL level but too similar in terms of style for my liking which will create rose coloured bias for those, making the recruiting decisions, seeing something familar but not quite as good relative to others if looking at the basket objectively IMO. Put it this way I can see why some could fall in love with the guy with the way he plays, and there are valid reasons, but there are other reasons the love could also be for the wrong reasons. Has a lot going for him though.

So there's a rumour going around that we have signed Josh Toy on PRE. Anyone know anything more?
Reportedly unwent a medical with us along with a few other players, I think it was more about due dilligence than anything else.

Those games against the Dees and the Lions were his best games though.
Yep. Dee's to me are the worst midfield in the AFL and the Lions team midfield we faced wouldn't too far off the bottom. Black off the bench Rockliff in a forward pocket. May be another few years off being a quality inside player.

Seems to have done his best work on the outside or at halfback. Only games where he looked likely in the middle was against the dee's and lions.

when i watch him he can break lines on the outside well but always like to get to the bottom of the pack and fall of the ball. will be an insider when given the chance like this year.

Yep. Dee's to me are the worst midfield in the AFL and the Lions team midfield we faced wouldn't too far off the bottom. Black off the bench Rockliff in a forward pocket. May be another few years off being a quality inside player.

Regardless, he still played other teams with terrible midfielders too and he hardly set the world on fire. I think Conca is an inside midfielder, but more of the Marc Murphy variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back