Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, may request the extra two minutes* - to say the least.:eek:

My draft picks are

9- Jake Stringer-mid
32-Matthew Haynes-Mid
34-Samual Lowrie-Mid
43-Daniel Currie-Ruck
Why take the best, also good read on FootyTragic, very detailed, well worth a look.
Yours Fury.

*Unless Grundy's still there as well.

Good picks fury, especially like Haynes and Lowrie, though I think Lowrie will be available at 43 and we should take someone like Pongracic or Atkins at 34. Also not sure Stringer is on our radar. Currie looks okay too but I'd probably hold out for a ruck in the rookie draft rather than spend 43 on him. My 2c

Good picks fury, especially like Haynes and Lowrie, though I think Lowrie will be available at 43 and we should take someone like Pongracic or Atkins at 34. Also not sure Stringer is on our radar. Currie looks okay too but I'd probably hold out for a ruck in the rookie draft rather than spend 43 on him. My 2c
Agree with all that Stylo apart from I don't rate Haynes. :D

True! What are your knocks on him?
He's not a footballer pretty much. He's a great athlete but don't rate his kicking and general footballing skills etc. He's the type you take as a rookie and hope they come on but he won't be available there so pass from me.

I'd rather just take Atkins AND Pongracic in your scenario. Even then if we take Vlastuin I wouldn't take Pongracic. Someone like Boston (Broomhead if Port are too stupid to take him :D)

Matt McDonough of SA is another who is tough and skilled but a midfielder/forward. He's Paul Chapman with hair. He was the kid that stepped up for SA when Menzel went down and it was as if they lost nothing up forward. 180cm 85kg kid who played as a full forward at Champs but at home in the SANFL has played all over the ground as a clearance midfielder as well as a goal kicking half forward. Elite kick off both feet IMO. Him and Carter are 2 guys not spoken about a helluva lot on here but I think they fit the criteria for what we'd pick. Vlastuin/Carter/McDonough and one other all fit the 3 criteria we use. (Making a presumption they are all good kids) Atkins would be the other I'd like because I think he has that bit of x-factor to develop in him plus Essendon want him and I wanna see them annoyed again. :D

I love Memberey , can't get enough of Memberey. Tight in the contest ! Has that stroke of genius about him , great shot on goal and just head down tapping away all the time.
Think he will fall between our picks Rusty unfortunately. He was certainly on our radar during the year. Just can't see him lasting till 32.

What do you guys reckon for an outcome of:

Vlastuin, Pongracic, Towers and Rodda?

Wouldn't mind Rodda, given the Injury prone nature of our defenders (Griff, Grimes, Astbury, Chaplin) could be a good player, and free up Griff to CHF.

Oh yeah , forgot to mention that Grundy could slide and now I think he will definately slide and I remember watching Menzel do his knee at Geelong and I thought to myself " if only he had a younger brother that had a bit of Stevie J about him then he would be the pick of the 2012 draft"

It just a skill I have . Some call it hindsight .
foresight

The only reason i can think of GWS passing on Grundy is they really rate Toumpas,Menzel extremely highly & believe that Giles and Phillips will be enough to see them through their development period.
I recall someone from GWS saying something along the lines they'd look to add to their ruck division by targeting mature, ready made players, rather than recruiting and developing them straight out of the 18's. I'd imagine they might well make an exception for Grundy. I also expect this quote could be the reason draft watchers are speculating on the potential for Grundy to slide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

264082aq.jpg

days to go

What do you guys reckon for an outcome of:

Vlastuin, Pongracic, Towers and Rodda?

Wouldn't mind Rodda, given the Injury prone nature of our defenders (Griff, Grimes, Astbury, Chaplin) could be a good player, and free up Griff to CHF.
I think Pongracic is a good back-up for Vlastuin if we don't get him. Bit worried we become too slow if we take both.

Towers is one I don't rate all that highly either. Just don't see it with him but maybe I'm missing it. I just think if we are going to take a 22yo he should be ready made which I don't believe Towers is.

Rodda would fit our kicking profile. How do you rate him defensively though? That's my one knock on him and unfortunately for a KPD it's a pretty big knock that he's not great 1 on 1.

So it seems most of us are in the Grundy/Vlaustin corner. What happens if both are gone?? Suppose it means a Macrea is avaliable or possibly a Wines. Who are our choices is the two favs are gone???

I'm certainly a fan of both Carter and McDonough. Vlastuin, Carter, McDonough and Atkins would be an excellent haul.

Agree tigs that if we take Vlastuin at 9 we shouldn't take Pongracic later. Should only look at the latter if we get Macrae or someone of that ilk at 9.

So at the moment, it's a combination of these players I'm hoping for:

9 - Vlastuin, Macrae, Grundy, Wines or maybe Mayes (keep changing my mind about him)
32/34 - Atkins, Pongracic, Carter, Broomhead, Wright, Boston, McIntosh
43 - Lowrie, Sumner, McDonough, Nelson, Thurlow, White

Others I'm hoping slide to our second rounders include Membrey, Graham, Lonergan, Colquhoun and Simpson, though it's doubtful any of them will make it there.

So it seems most of us are in the Grundy/Vlaustin corner. What happens if both are gone?? Suppose it means a Macrea is avaliable or possibly a Wines. Who are our choices is the two favs are gone???

Throw a tantrum and refuse to pick anyone?

Throw a tantrum and refuse to pick anyone?
You know what if i was picking and had my heart set on Grundy and then Port picked im would go all torrets and start fcuking this and sihtting that. Tables would be upturned and i would be looking for the reset button so we can start the draft again :D

I love Memberey , can't get enough of Memberey. Tight in the contest ! Has that stroke of genius about him , great shot on goal and just head down tapping away all the time.
Think he will fall between our picks Rusty unfortunately. He was certainly on our radar during the year. Just can't see him lasting till 32.
Err.... how does he get time for training etc if he's tapping all the time?
Thing is, when the game gets exciting, he's the first to poke his head up. But has be known to take a licking on occasion :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back